Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Narendra Modi and the Aurangzeb Effect

3 posters

Go down

Narendra Modi and the Aurangzeb Effect Empty Narendra Modi and the Aurangzeb Effect

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:39 pm

Since Modi had to backstab and then sideline Advani to become PM, a natural comparison to make is comparing Modi to Aurangzeb who had to fight and defeat his own father to capture the throne and become ruler of India. One thing to remember of course is that Modi could never have carried out the purge of Advani without the full support and backing of the RSS. Modi is a protege of Madhukar Rao Bhagwat who was the father of the current RSS chief. Modi would even live in the house of Bhagwat senior and by all accounts he shares a cordial and warm relationship with the current RSS chief who is the same age as Modi. They probably have brotherly feelings towards each other.

Now one problem that confronts Modi is that just as he had to backstab and sideline Advani, so in future--say after 10 or 15 years--a younger BJP leader will be propped up by the RSS and with the full support of the RSS such a younger leader would sideline Modi just as Modi sidelined Advani. There would the precedent set by Modi himself, so Modi will have no cause to complain should this happen. Also, in 10 or 15 years there will probably be a younger RSS chief with whom Modi may or may not share the kind of rapport he shares with Bhagwat.

The way Modi is handling this fear is that any young BJP leader who he fears could do to him in 10-15 years what he did to Advani is being sidelined from the beginning. One such young (and dynamic) leader is the BJP leader from Bihar, Rajiv Pratap Rudy. It is strange that Rudy was a minister in the Vajpayee cabinet but could not make it to the Modi cabinet. Probably the reason for the sidelining of Rudy is the 'Aurangzeb Effect'.

There is one other reason why what Modi fears will eventually come to fruition. He will be replaced by a younger leader and then sidelined. Of course it is possible that he may go away quietly when he knows his time is over, and not 'kicking and screaming'. The reason for why Modi will be replaced as the top BJP leader in 10 years or maybe 15 years is that fascism demands a young and energetic leader. Fascist ideology somehow doesn't work if the leader is old and feeble. Taunts to Pakistan or Bangladesh or even to the Gandhi family will sound silly if coming from an old and feeble man. It should not come as a surprise to anyone if it is Rudy who will stick the knife into Modi after 10-15 years and take over leadership of the BJP with the support of the RSS.

Back to top Go down

Narendra Modi and the Aurangzeb Effect Empty Re: Narendra Modi and the Aurangzeb Effect

Post by Rishi Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:46 pm

>>>I fully support Modi sidelining Advani. The man was too old and did a lot of dumb things like going to Pakistan and praising Jinnah.
Btw it is interesting to note that if Advani had not started this Ayodhya business, Indian politics would be altogether different.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Narendra Modi and the Aurangzeb Effect Empty Re: Narendra Modi and the Aurangzeb Effect

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:48 pm

Rashmun wrote:Since Modi had to backstab and then sideline Advani to become PM, a natural comparison to make is comparing Modi to Aurangzeb who had to fight and defeat his own father to capture the throne and become ruler of India. One thing to remember of course is that Modi could never have carried out the purge of Advani without the full support and backing of the RSS. Modi is a protege of Madhukar Rao Bhagwat who was the father of the current RSS chief. Modi would even live in the house of Bhagwat senior and by all accounts he shares a cordial and warm relationship with the current RSS chief who is the same age as Modi. They probably have brotherly feelings towards each other.

Now one problem that confronts Modi is that just as he had to backstab and sideline Advani, so in future--say after 10 or 15 years--a younger BJP leader will be propped up by the RSS and with the full support of the RSS such a younger leader would sideline Modi just as Modi sidelined Advani. There would the precedent set by Modi himself, so Modi will have no cause to complain should this happen. Also, in 10 or 15 years there will probably be a younger RSS chief with whom Modi may or may not share the kind of rapport he shares with Bhagwat.

The way Modi is handling this fear is that any young BJP leader who he fears could do to him in 10-15 years what he did to Advani is being sidelined from the beginning. One such young (and dynamic) leader is the BJP leader from Bihar, Rajiv Pratap Rudy. It is strange that Rudy was a minister in the Vajpayee cabinet but could not make it to the Modi cabinet. Probably the reason for the sidelining of Rudy is the 'Aurangzeb Effect'.

There is one other reason why what Modi fears will eventually come to fruition. He will be replaced by a younger leader and then sidelined. Of course it is possible that he may go away quietly when he knows his time is over,  and not 'kicking and screaming'. The reason for why Modi will be replaced as the top BJP leader in 10 years or maybe 15 years is that fascism demands a young and energetic leader. Fascist ideology somehow doesn't work if the leader is old and feeble. Taunts to Pakistan or Bangladesh or even to the Gandhi family will sound silly if coming from an old and feeble man. It should not come as a surprise to anyone if it is Rudy who will stick the knife into Modi after 10-15 years and take over leadership of the BJP with the support of the RSS.

Regarding Aurangzeb it is said that because he had subdued his own father he was always scared of one of his own children subduing him in future. And so he never groomed any of his children to be good generals, never gave his children opportunities to serve in the army as officers (as was given to him and his brothers and as was a mughal tradition). This was an important factor in the later collapse of the mughal empire because none of Aurangzeb's children had undergone any significant military training or experience. Of course the collapse took place only after Aurangzeb's death, so Aurangzeb did succeed in not allowing any rebellions by his sons take place during his reign, but at what cost?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:50 pm

Rishi wrote:>>>I fully support Modi sidelining Advani. The man was too old and did a lot of dumb things like going to Pakistan and praising Jinnah.
Btw it is interesting to note that if Advani had not started this Ayodhya business, Indian politics would be altogether different.

Advani screwed up when he tried to be another Vajpayee. But the main thrust of my post is not about the sidelining of Advani, but about the sidelining of Rajiv Pratap Rudy who had been a minister in the Vajpayee cabinet but who has been kept out of the Modi cabinet. I think this is because Modi perceives this young and dynamic man (Rudy) to be a potential long term threat to his own political career.

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:49 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Advani screwed up when he tried to be another Vajpayee. But the main thrust of my post is not about the sidelining of Advani, but about the sidelining of Rajiv Pratap Rudy who had been a minister in the Vajpayee cabinet but who has been kept out of the Modi cabinet. I think this is because Modi perceives this young and dynamic man (Rudy) to be a potential long term threat to his own political career.

Read your post again. The main thrust of your post is that Modi will be sidelined eventually. Looks like the acceptance mode had kicked in and you are doing that with an auto suggestion that there is a Modi-less future at least some 10-15 years later.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:01 pm

smArtha wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Read your post again. The main thrust of your post is that Modi will be sidelined eventually. Looks like the acceptance mode had kicked in and you are doing that with an auto suggestion that there is a Modi-less future at least some 10-15 years later.

yes i am reminding the Modi bhaktas that their little God will not around in the political arena in 10-15 years. Moreover, i am also reminding the Modi bhaktas that his departure may be similar to the way Advani departed from the political arena. In other words, a younger BJP leader may stick the knife into Modi and essentially get rid of him just as Modi did the same to Advani. Someone like Rajiv Pratap Rudy, for instance, who was in the Vajpayee cabinet but who has been denied a place in the Modi cabinet probably because of Modi's insecurity.

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:28 pm

Rashmun wrote:yes i am reminding the Modi bhaktas that their little God will not around in the political arena in 10-15 years. Moreover, i am also reminding the Modi bhaktas that his departure may be similar to the way Advani departed from the political arena. In other words, a younger BJP leader may stick the knife into Modi and essentially get rid of him just as Modi did the same to Advani. Someone like Rajiv Pratap Rudy, for instance, who was in the Vajpayee cabinet but who has been denied a place in the Modi cabinet probably because of Modi's insecurity.

If you didn't realize it yet, Modi bhaktas subscribe to the God descending as any avatar with a combination of Divine and Humane attributes. So they already are aware that his time will come too in future and they are very much open to that possibility. On the other hand the Dynastic bhaktas (having been influenced by the Abrahamic religious philosophies) cannot deal with any fact that shows down their God or His Representatives or Prophets or Preachers. And that is what is at display here.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:35 pm

smArtha wrote:
Rashmun wrote:yes i am reminding the Modi bhaktas that their little God will not around in the political arena in 10-15 years. Moreover, i am also reminding the Modi bhaktas that his departure may be similar to the way Advani departed from the political arena. In other words, a younger BJP leader may stick the knife into Modi and essentially get rid of him just as Modi did the same to Advani. Someone like Rajiv Pratap Rudy, for instance, who was in the Vajpayee cabinet but who has been denied a place in the Modi cabinet probably because of Modi's insecurity.

If you didn't realize it yet, Modi bhaktas subscribe to the God descending as any avatar with a combination of Divine and Humane attributes. So they already are aware that his time will come too in future and they are very much open to that possibility. On the other hand the Dynastic bhaktas (having been influenced by the Abrahamic religious philosophies) cannot deal with any fact that shows down their God or His Representatives or Prophets or Preachers. And that is what is at display here.

you are completely mistaken. For instance, take me for instance. I was supporting Congress earlier, and i was ok with Rahul in charge. But i have now lost confidence in Rahul. I foresee either Priyanka taking over leadership of the party in future; or else, i foresee some other Congress leader like Captain Amarindar Singh or Kamal Nath or someone else (maybe a younger person like Manish Tiwari) take over the Congress leadership. I am open to either possibility and i would welcome either development so long as Rahul is removed from the party leadership.

I don't know why Modi seems to be going after Rahul. Smriti Irani put up a decent fight in Amethi and in the next election she may even defeated Rahul. Is it not in the interest of the BJP to put up light weight candidates against Rahul and essentially let Rahul continue being the Congress leader till the total all India Congress seats come down to single digits.

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:25 pm

Rashmun wrote:

you are completely mistaken. For instance, take me for instance. I was supporting Congress earlier, and i was ok with Rahul in charge. But i have now lost confidence in Rahul. I foresee either Priyanka taking over leadership of the party in future; or else, i foresee some other Congress leader like Captain Amarindar Singh or Kamal Nath or someone else (maybe a younger person like Manish Tiwari) take over the Congress leadership. I am open to either possibility and i would welcome either development so long as Rahul is removed from the party leadership.

I don't know why Modi seems to be going after Rahul. Smriti Irani put up a decent fight in Amethi and in the next election she may even defeated Rahul. Is it not in the interest of the BJP to put up light weight candidates against Rahul and essentially let Rahul continue being the Congress leader till the total all India Congress seats come down to single digits.
Paging "the evil loser". Do the "needful".

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:29 pm

b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Paging "the evil loser".  Do the "needful".

defeat, not defeated. typo.

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:34 pm

Rashmun wrote:
b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Paging "the evil loser".  Do the "needful".

defeat, not defeated. typo.

Damn. Do you have to take out the rare moments of happiness from the evil person's dreary life ?

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down