Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northindians Loving One Another

+9
bw
Idéfix
smArtha
confuzzled dude
southindian
FluteHolder
MaxEntropy_Man
Hellsangel
swapna
13 posters

Go down

Northindians Loving One Another Empty Northindians Loving One Another

Post by swapna Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:51 am

"My home is your home na; my mother is your mother na; my wife is... never mind!":

m.ndtv.com/article/india/pakistan-pm-nawaz-sharif-gifts-sari-to-narendra-modi-s-mother-536674

swapna

Back to top Go down

Northindians Loving One Another Empty Re: Northindians Loving One Another

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:52 am

Are you using the browser from your Nook, Achachan Ammachi?

Anyway, this is old news.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:54 am

swapna wrote:"My home is your home na; my mother is your mother na; my wife is... never mind!":

m.ndtv.com/article/india/pakistan-pm-nawaz-sharif-gifts-sari-to-narendra-modi-s-mother-536674

so cute! what loving betAs these mummy-jis have!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:59 am

Smile

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:25 am

swapna wrote:"My home is your home na; my mother is your mother na; my wife is... never mind!":

FlimFlam, what is your skirt size. Can you post ASAP so a request can be sent to PMO.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:35 am

In Hinduism only losers & cowards are presented with sarees and provided with buckets full of haldi mixed water for loser showers. Hope bhajan artists got the hint

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:00 pm

Pullankuzhal saamigaLae, Sharif-aNNAvukku neengaLae puDavai aLiyunGaL. PuDavaioDa anbum aLippeergaL. Sharif aNNa anbuDan PoKashmirai thiruppi kuDuppAr. EppaDi, nalla planA?  Very Happy

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:20 pm

FF naina, nee innna pannaalum unakku avlodhaan. Indha janmatthla unkku avladhan kedikkum. Inna Pirinjidha?

Romba moolaya kasakkada, voonam, uttru..  Smile

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:28 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:In Hinduism only losers & cowards are presented with sarees and provided with buckets full of haldi mixed water for loser showers. Hope bhajan artists got the hint

All over the world, not just in Hindustan btw, dogs go on barking when confronted with a Tiger/Lion or an Elephant. Dynastic dogs are no exception. Hope their chamchas got the hint.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:37 pm

smArtha wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:In Hinduism only losers & cowards are presented with sarees and provided with buckets full of haldi mixed water for loser showers. Hope bhajan artists got the hint

All over the world, not just in Hindustan btw, dogs go on barking when confronted with a Tiger/Lion or an Elephant. Dynastic dogs are no exception. Hope their chamchas got the hint.
I think seemandraites if they have an iota of self respect should gift modi, for bjp's hand in state bifurcation, a nulaka mancham to hide behind while taking haldi-water shower and kumkuma to put on parting hair when wearing Pakistani saree

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:38 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:I think seemandraites if they have an iota of self respect should gift modi, for bjp's hand in state bifurcation, a nulaka mancham to hide behind while taking haldi-water shower and kumkuma to put on parting hair when wearing Pakistani saree

Modi was not an MP in the outgoing house, let alone be the leader of the BJPP in any house. The primary reason for T-state is YSR opportunistically aligning with KCR and making Sonia incorporate T-state in their manifesto. This is what KCR successfully used to arm twist Sonia to grant it. CBN breathed life again to KCR in 2009 on the same lines. BJP was very consistent in its separate T-state from the get go.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:10 pm

smArtha wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:I think seemandraites if they have an iota of self respect should gift modi, for bjp's hand in state bifurcation, a nulaka mancham to hide behind while taking haldi-water shower and kumkuma to put on parting hair when wearing Pakistani saree

Modi was not an MP in the outgoing house, let alone be the leader of the BJPP in any house. The primary reason for T-state is YSR opportunistically aligning with KCR and making Sonia incorporate T-state in their manifesto. This is what KCR successfully used to arm twist Sonia to grant it. CBN breathed life again to KCR in 2009 on the same lines. BJP was very consistent in its separate T-state from the get go.
Why the fuck should andhraites give a damn about bjp's consistency? Those fuckin bastards are one of the main reason for bifurcation hope they won't be kind to Modi when he arrives on Sunday

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:16 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
smArtha wrote:

Why the fuck should andhraites give a damn about bjp's consistency? Those fuckin bastards are one of the main reason for bifurcation hope they won't be kind to Modi when he arrives on Sunday
By this logic, the people of Telangana should be happy with the BJP. The BJP is a marginal force in Telugu lands and I hope it stays that way. The state was divided because of Congress leaders' deference to high command on all matters. You should not forget that.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:19 pm

Idéfix wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
smArtha wrote:

By this logic, the people of Telangana should be happy with the BJP. The BJP is a marginal force in Telugu lands and I hope it stays that way. The state was divided because of Congress leaders' deference to high command on all matters. You should not forget that.
Hello! Do I need to remind you that Congress got ZERO seats in Andhra

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:20 pm

Idéfix wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
smArtha wrote:

Bifurcation of AP could only take place because BJP supported the division of AP in parliament. Congress on its own did not have sufficient strength (even taking into account its allies) to implement the division without the help of BJP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:22 pm

That is a well-deserved outcome, notwithstanding our mutual dislike for Modi. He has nothing to do with it.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:33 pm

Idéfix wrote:That is a well-deserved outcome, notwithstanding our mutual dislike for Modi. He has nothing to do with it.
I've no issue with the treatment congress was meted out. About Modi, he is BJP's face and should be made aware of his party's dastardly act and their disgust

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:54 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Idéfix wrote:That is a well-deserved outcome, notwithstanding our mutual dislike for Modi. He has nothing to do with it.
I've no issue with the treatment congress was meted out. About Modi, he is BJP's face and should be made aware of his party's dastardly act and their disgust
The point is that it runs both ways. If the BJP's support for Telangana statehood was a dastardly act for the Seemandhra people and Modi takes the blame for it as the face of the BJP, then he can also take credit for it in Telangana. As someone from Telangana, I certainly don't want the BJP getting stronger in my state.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:06 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
smArtha wrote:

My! Back in the anger phase, Comrade?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:42 pm

swapna wrote:Pullankuzhal saamigaLae, Sharif-aNNAvukku neengaLae puDavai aLiyunGaL. PuDavaioDa anbum aLippeergaL. Sharif aNNa anbuDan PoKashmirai thiruppi kuDuppAr. EppaDi, nalla planA?  Very Happy

swapna-ji, what do 'aLiyunGal' and 'aLippeergaL' mean?

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:42 pm

For FF :)find the lyrics and understand the message ..

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:55 am

FluteHolder wrote:FF naina, nee innna pannaalum unakku avlodhaan. Indha janmatthla unkku avladhan kedikkum. Inna Pirinjidha?

That's egregious Tamil! Is it intended to disguise the rudeness of the post?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:27 am

swapna wrote:
FluteHolder wrote:FF naina, nee innna pannaalum unakku avlodhaan. Indha janmatthla unkku avladhan kedikkum. Inna Pirinjidha?

Are rude posts solely your prerogative, Achachan Ammachi?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:33 am

And I even call my chief minister "amma" if she is a woman and "anna" if he is a man.  Guess where am I?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:25 am

swapna wrote:

Bullies need to be paid in their own coin. I don't know what FH wrote in his post but if he is standing up to the evil bully, more power to him.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:40 am

Idéfix wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
The point is that it runs both ways. If the BJP's support for Telangana statehood was a dastardly act for the Seemandhra people and Modi takes the blame for it as the face of the BJP, then he can also take credit for it in Telangana. As someone from Telangana, I certainly don't want the BJP getting stronger in my state.
Let's not conflate my comment as hating T. By dastardly act I meant the con-act performed by BJP in both lower & upper houses. As for the consistent stance of bjp, they weren't, they were giving different hints. Your guruvu Garu & kinnera garu had great hopes on bjp to save all of us from this bifurcation fiasco in fact that's when kinnera became a staunch bjp supporter

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:57 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Let's not conflate my comment as hating T. By dastardly act I meant the con-act performed by BJP in both lower & upper houses. As for the consistent stance of bjp, they weren't, they were giving different hints. Your guruvu Garu & kinnera garu had great hopes on bjp to save all of us from this bifurcation fiasco in fact that's when kinnera became a staunch bjp supporter

Wait... it was Congress running AP and the central Givernment. It was Sonia and Rahul on the advice of Doggy and Chindu decided to split the state - for their own family benefits. They go around and ask for political support. BJP among others supported the split.

Now BJP is the culprit. Besh besh...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:24 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Wait... it was Congress running AP and the central Givernment. It was Sonia and Rahul on the advice of Doggy and Chindu decided to split the state - for their own family benefits.  They go around and ask for political support. BJP among others supported the split.

Now BJP is the culprit.  Besh besh...
If not for BJP's con-artistry back in '00 (splitting UP, MP & Bihar) 'T' wouldn't have been an issue.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:19 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:If not for BJP's con-artistry back in '00 (splitting UP, MP & Bihar) 'T' wouldn't have been an issue.

Why is it a con-artistry to split states into smaller ones? What is so sacrosanct about the 1950s linguistic based structures that they cannot be further re-classified now? It is administratively a lot better to handle smaller states besides allowing the sub-cultures within each state to flourish. This also allows centre to direct funds in a more focused way to backward regions that are stuck in the so called developed & large states. 

W.r.t AP, the mechanics of division was not done right and that was purely the responsibility of the party in power. They didn't evolve a consensual, balanced and even consistent pattern for division of revenues, resources, debts etc and the result is that an opportunistically different model was devised for each area of division viz. power, water, employees, revenue, debt etc. 

While an important responsibility was with the ruling party at the Centre, enough blame also goes to all the 'arrogant samaikya idiots' who insisted on holding on to that lost cause to the point of causing permanent losses to their own people. And your Hero YS Jagan was at the forefront of that. Way back in Q3 2013, when it was clear that the CWC and Cabinet are going to move ahead with the bifurcation, CBN came out with a statement that SA now needs to negotiate fair terms and secure funding guarantees (I think that was the first time he even quoted Rs. 5L crores for new Capital). Immediately the entire YRSCP rank and file were out in town and media that CBN had colluded with the separatists and agreeing to the bifurcation. And the result of such a short-sighted political response was that the whole of SA got unrepresented during the entire process of bifurcation. You cannot expect best deals when you refuse to even enter any negotiations. In the entire episode BJP is the least culpable and maintained both a consistent stand and was the lone party that strongly demanded for various benefits viz. security to SAs in Hyderabad, special status, polavaram, funding guarantees etc. 
http://telugu.greatandhra.com/politics/gossip/venkaiah-yemi-sadinchagalaru-53229.html

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:20 pm

smArtha wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:If not for BJP's con-artistry back in '00 (splitting UP, MP & Bihar) 'T' wouldn't have been an issue.

Why is it a con-artistry to split states into smaller ones? What is so sacrosanct about the 1950s linguistic based structures that they cannot be further re-classified now? It is administratively a lot better to handle smaller states besides allowing the sub-cultures within each state to flourish. This also allows centre to direct funds in a more focused way to backward regions that are stuck in the so called developed & large states. 

I don't know... but I have been discussing with a colleague of mine (had these talks over last few years), he is from Chattisgarh, he is not happy about MP bifurcation either, thinks it didn't add any value.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:44 pm

smArtha wrote: You cannot expect best deals when you refuse to even enter any negotiations. In the entire episode BJP is the least culpable and maintained both a consistent stand and was the lone party that strongly demanded for various benefits viz. security to SAs in Hyderabad, special status, polavaram, funding guarantees etc. 
http://telugu.greatandhra.com/politics/gossip/venkaiah-yemi-sadinchagalaru-53229.html
This is rather silly argument, by entering into negotiations you're essentially saying that you're fine with state bifurcation.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:22 pm

smArtha wrote:
W.r.t AP, the mechanics of division was not done right and that was purely the responsibility of the party in power. They didn't evolve a consensual, balanced and even consistent pattern for division of revenues, resources, debts etc and the result is that an opportunistically different model was devised for each area of division viz. power, water, employees, revenue, debt etc. 

While an important responsibility was with the ruling party at the Centre, enough blame also goes to all the 'arrogant samaikya idiots' who insisted on holding on to that lost cause to the point of causing permanent losses to their own people. And your Hero YS Jagan was at the forefront of that. Way back in Q3 2013, when it was clear that the CWC and Cabinet are going to move ahead with the bifurcation, CBN came out with a statement that SA now needs to negotiate fair terms and secure funding guarantees (I think that was the first time he even quoted Rs. 5L crores for new Capital). Immediately the entire YRSCP rank and file were out in town and media that CBN had colluded with the separatists and agreeing to the bifurcation. And the result of such a short-sighted political response was that the whole of SA got unrepresented during the entire process of bifurcation. You cannot expect best deals when you refuse to even enter any negotiations. In the entire episode BJP is the least culpable and maintained both a consistent stand and was the lone party that strongly demanded for various benefits viz. security to SAs in Hyderabad, special status, polavaram, funding guarantees etc. 

What negotiations? the congress was hellbent on pleasing "T' people at all costs and refused everything asked by the SA ministers. Right from hyd 'UT" status to Rayala Telangana to Bhadrachalam. As one Andhra MP quipped. if the 'T' people demanded samudram , they somehow would've given that also.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3FOyg-9F58
They only gave some bichcham when it was crunch time in RS.
The problem was that once they announced that they are giving telangana , there was no incentive for the 'T' leaders to negotiate. If they asked the 'T' leaders before the decision/announcement , "OK.What will you be willing to concede if we give Telangana?" , then there would've been some scope for negotiations. Here , they didn't want to displease the 'T' voters in any way and wanted to give sampoorna telangana. This is what happens if instead of acting like statesman, all decisions are taken based on expected electoral gains.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:19 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
>>>Construe not conflate

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down