Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

southindians fun [posted for the edification of 7)

5 posters

Go down

southindians fun [posted for the edification of 7) Empty southindians fun [posted for the edification of 7)

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:49 am

http://krishashok.me/2013/11/30/constitutional-trap/

but before you go there, watch this to understand the context:

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

southindians fun [posted for the edification of 7) Empty Re: southindians fun [posted for the edification of 7)

Post by seven Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:10 pm

Lol max! I have a lot of South Indian friends. Some of the funniest guys I know are SI

Waise you're very serious too, My comment was for swapna alone.

seven

Back to top Go down

southindians fun [posted for the edification of 7) Empty Re: southindians fun [posted for the edification of 7)

Post by seven Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:16 pm

Dude! Where's the tl;dr version ?

I watched the vdo n it sounds like he's upset about people questioning his accent ?

I'll read what's it about in a bit.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:18 pm

seven wrote:Dude! Where's the tl;dr version ?

I watched the vdo n it sounds like he's upset about people questioning his accent ?

I'll read what's it about in a bit.

the article is about how this was created:

http://soundcloud.com/parodesynoise/constitutional-trap
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:20 pm

Haha...hilarious. Thanks for sharing.

Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:00 pm

Waiting for my flt and thoroughly enjoying myself listening to this: http://m.soundcloud.com/parodesynoise/bulp-piction
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:29 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed the writing. Is the author's name krishnan ashok? Ashok krishnan? Thank you for the post.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:50 pm

7 -- i posted this to make the point that my idea of fun and humor may be very different from yours. that doesn't mean we should think of the other as not having fun.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:51 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Waiting for my flt and thoroughly enjoying myself listening to this: http://m.soundcloud.com/parodesynoise/bulp-piction

haha! the music is very good too. this guy is seriously talented musically AND he is funny! that's a nice take on raga mayamALavagowLA (hindustani raga bhairav).

Last edited by MaxEntropy_Man on Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:52 pm

swapna wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed the writing. Is the author's name krishnan ashok? Ashok krishnan? Thank you for the post.

not sure which of krishnan and ashok is his first name.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:01 pm

parodesy noise -- say that as an american would say it, and it sounds like paradEsi nAis  (foreign dogs).  just giving a bit of explainer to this comment in his article:

We decided to call ourselves Parodesy Noise, which to Tamil ears sounds like an American way of saying “Canines from across the ocean” and also suggests, at the same time, a focus on parody while musically remixing things many people consider must not be remixed.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:12 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:7 -- i posted this to make the point that my idea of fun and humor may be very different from yours. that doesn't mean we should think of the other as not having fun.
You took my "why South Indians are so serious" too seriously. 

I was obviously kidding about switching tires with rental cars'. Swapna failed to see it n made it about NIs. 

I know our ideas of fun n humor is different. You made your point. It wasn't required though.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:27 pm

i have never found this guy too funny and feel a lot of his humour is too contrived. ramesh mahadevan and another blogger at "tamizhpenn.blogspot.com" were a lot more hilarious.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:02 pm

swapna wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed the writing. Is the author's name krishnan ashok? Ashok krishnan? Thank you for the post.

He's Ashok. Dad is Krishnan.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:06 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:Waiting for my flt and thoroughly enjoying myself listening to this: http://m.soundcloud.com/parodesynoise/bulp-piction

haha! the music is very good too. this guy is seriously talented musically AND he is funny! that's a nice take on raga mayamALavagowLA (hindustani raga bhairav).

He is very witty and engaging in person too. And very good at tech. As with the creation of Constitution Trap, he'd once written a blog on some app he wrote on iOS which was so engaging, it actually tempted me to try my hand at some coding (but thankfully the feeling passed after a few deep breaths).
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down