Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apartment company bastards

+3
seven
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Obnoxious
7 posters

Go down

Apartment company bastards Empty Apartment company bastards

Post by Obnoxious Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:01 pm

I am pissed off!! They are renovating my apartment, but they are not helping me with moving the stuff around. I have to pack my shit and keep it away. I've to hire people to move my stuff and pay for it. I can't cook, I should stuff my bedroom with stuff from the other rooms. They are also not giving me any break in my rent. I am really pissed off!!

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Apartment company bastards Empty Re: Apartment company bastards

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:33 pm

Obnoxious wrote:I am pissed off!! They are renovating my apartment, but they are not helping me with moving the stuff around. I have to pack my shit and keep it away. I've to hire people to move my stuff and pay for it. I can't cook, I should stuff my bedroom with stuff from the other rooms. They are also not giving me any break in my rent. I am really pissed off!!

Well....dust off those lease agreement and look for any clause that talks about possible renovation and your responsibilities.

If there is nothnig, then write an email to the apt. in legalese that since it is at the behest of the management you expect them to arrange for the moving things around. You can cite you have health issues that prevent you from doing it yourself. If the management does not fulfillits responsibilities, you will have to hire professional help on weekday. The cost for the help and loss of your work wages will be management responsibilities.

See what they say. Most management will try to find a way out.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:52 pm

That sounds strange. Usually they don't upgrade until tenants move out. I know people living in 6 y/o interiors bcz they never moved out of their apartment. 

I hope you didn't agree for it in an email n signed some papers. If not, you can do what uppi is suggesting.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:20 pm

seven wrote:That sounds strange. Usually they don't upgrade until tenants move out. I know people living in 6 y/o interiors bcz they never moved out of their apartment. 

I hope you didn't agree for it in an email n signed some papers. If not, you can do what uppi is suggesting.

if they r renovating many other apts, either they got a good deal or trying to sell the buildings.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:20 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
seven wrote:That sounds strange. Usually they don't upgrade until tenants move out. I know people living in 6 y/o interiors bcz they never moved out of their apartment. 

if they r renovating many other apts, either they got a good deal or trying to sell the buildings.
Not necessarily selling. Renters look for upgraded units n management can charge higher rents for upgraded units. It doesn't cost them much to change countertops n appliances. But the rents are significantly high. It makes sense too to stay up to date to be competitive. 

They do it to units that are vacant. And do it as n when they become available. This is the first time I'm hearing about a renovation being done when people are still living in. Them not willing to move furniture is even stranger. 

Obnoxious, did they renovate other apartments in the complex? How are others reacting to it ?

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:37 pm

Most of the people have been moving out. Rents have been exorbitant and maintenance has been really bad. I am meeting city rental commission officials tomorrow. They office hours on Monday from 8:30-11:30. They will explain me my rights. But the bastards are starting the renovation tomorrow. Hopefully this doesn't get in my way.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:31 am

MJ, how do you always end up in these situations?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:27 pm

Hellsangel wrote:MJ, how do you always end up in these situations?
What do you mean always?

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:32 am

This sounds unfair. You have rights as a renter. I hope the city gave you advice on how to get the landlord to cover the costs that they have created for you.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:40 am

Idéfix wrote:This sounds unfair. You have rights as a renter. I hope the city gave you advice on how to get the landlord to cover the costs that they have created for you.

Even if the city did not give any, and mgmt did niot pay anything, PI should simply type out a BILL as I mentioned earlier and register deliver to the mgmt....

just for the kick... and perhaps, file it with a collection agency...Hey she might as well have some cheap fun at their discomfiture....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:53 am

Idéfix wrote:This sounds unfair. You have rights as a renter. I hope the city gave you advice on how to get the landlord to cover the costs that they have created for you.
The city told me that I should refuse to move my things. Also that I should ask them for a break in rent for the renovation, I can also get paid for accommodation & food for the days I can't cook. I need to take them to small claims court. I spoke to the apartment folks, they'll move the stuff and give me a credit for 150. I should sign a release. I didn't call them yet, will call them tomorrow & let them know that that is not an option. I will pack but not move & not sign a release. I want to trash these bastards! It turns out this is shittiest of apartment company(Equity Apartments) & a lot of cases are pending against them.

I packed my stuff & now they postponed it by a week. Assholes!

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:00 pm

apartment living is never much fun in the US. i remember a time when one of our kids was an infant. they had put in a new floor before we moved in and there was something perpetually oozing out from underneath the tiles. despite complaining many times, they refused to do anything about it. then we told them we had an infant who had just begun to crawl and she could get into it and ingest it and if something happened, well..... they were in our apartment in five minutes like the hell hounds were after them. no more oozing.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:28 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:apartment living is never much fun in the US. i remember a time when one of our kids was an infant. they had put in a new floor before we moved in and there was something perpetually oozing out from underneath the tiles. despite complaining many times, they refused to do anything about it. then we told them we had an infant who had just begun to crawl and she could get into it and ingest it and if something happened, well.....  they were in our apartment in five minutes like the hell hounds were after them.  no more oozing.

Max, how's thengai?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:31 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:apartment living is never much fun in the US. i remember a time when one of our kids was an infant. they had put in a new floor before we moved in and there was something perpetually oozing out from underneath the tiles. despite complaining many times, they refused to do anything about it. then we told them we had an infant who had just begun to crawl and she could get into it and ingest it and if something happened, well.....  they were in our apartment in five minutes like the hell hounds were after them.  no more oozing.

Max, how's thengai?

she's very well, thank you! an angel.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:40 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Max, how's thengai?

I told you so. A wonderful breed.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:45 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Max, how's thengai?

I told you so. A wonderful breed.

sure is. incredibly smart and a fantastic temperament to go with it. very playful, affectionate, and super communicative!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down