Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sri Paripoornananda Swamy

+4
Vakavaka Pakapaka
bw
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
indophile
8 posters

Go down

Sri Paripoornananda Swamy Empty Sri Paripoornananda Swamy

Post by indophile Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:17 pm

I've been going to Sri Paripoornananda Swamy lectures at our local temple in the evenings for the past two days. The last one will be this evening. Don't miss his lectures if he visits your town. For two hours you will be completely spell bound.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Sri Paripoornananda Swamy Empty Re: Sri Paripoornananda Swamy

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:32 pm

...Agree.... Confused Cleric, IdeFixed, Maulana Rashmunullah and Gaywala should listen, in particular AND read his book "Third Eye"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:00 pm

he has written a book on modi? what kind of swami is that! very suspicious.

damn, so many of these swamis, so little time Sad Sad

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:21 am

bw wrote:he has written a book on modi? what kind of swami is that! very suspicious.

Yes. It's called "Third Eye." It's going to be released on June 21st in Herndon, VA. He wrote the original Telugu version, and a couple of journalists from Hindu in Madras volunteered to translate it into English for free. Both versions will be released that day. It's going to come out in other Indian languages. Being a Malayaali by birth, his command of Telugu is excellent (I doubt if some of the native speakers of Telugu can match him in articulating in the language).

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:21 am

indophile wrote:
bw wrote:he has written a book on modi? what kind of swami is that! very suspicious.

Yes. It's called "Third Eye." It's going to be released on June 21st in Herndon, VA. He wrote the original Telugu version, and a couple of journalists from Hindu in Madras volunteered to translate it into English for free. Both versions will be released that day. It's going to come out in other Indian languages. Being a Malayaali by birth, his command of Telugu is excellent (I doubt if some of the native speakers of Telugu can match him in articulating in the language).

The Third Eye is used only to burn enemies. Does he mean that Modi ji will burn his enemies and those who differ from his (hindian) views?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:28 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
indophile wrote:

The Third Eye is used only to burn enemies. Does he mean that Modi ji will burn his enemies and those who differ from his (hindian) views?

Modi is a Gujrati, not a BIMARU UP bhaiyya. He is practical in his administration. If you look at Gujrat, you will see people from different parts of the country working happily.

Modi will not impose Hindi on those who don't need it nor want to become BIMARU. He knows that the action is in states located south of the Vindhyas. The only leader in South with a BIMARU mindset is - KCR.

Last edited by Vakavaka Pakapaka on Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:30 am

What he said about the book at the end of yesterday's (last day) talk was that -- it explains how a person at a low level in society can reach a highest level through focused enhancement/development of his own self, and it uses Modi, who rose from a lowly chai-wala (tea-seller) to the Prime minister of the country, as an example.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:55 pm

indophile wrote:

i don't trust bearded 'swamis' who have political affiliations.

no, change that to i don't trust any 'swamis'.

wonder what kind of money he is getting paid for this modiji propaganda.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:31 pm

bw wrote:
indophile wrote:

i don't trust bearded 'swamis' who have political affiliations.

no, change that to i don't trust any 'swamis'.

wonder what kind of money he is getting paid for this modiji propaganda.
If a swami gives good information and advice, what is wrong in gaining from it? You don't need to subscribe to the rest.

Recently, I was listening to "Swaroopaananda" of Vizag on a TV channel. He was describing how duties are divided at a temple (when we think of temples, we only think of the priest - actually we should call him purOhita - and sikular scholars blindly shove dirt at him). Members from 8 communities are given duties in a way that mangali, chaakali, maala, etc., participate. If any one of them is not involved, the function can not proceed. So, a coordination of communities is needed to conduct festivals, parades of "utsava vigrahas", etc. I thought that was an interesting bit of information.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:42 pm

Indian secular belief is a religion.  It is just anti hindu, and heavily influenced by nehruvian rituals. They have no need for information since they already have all the facts that can ever be discovered.  (sounds like a religion, yes it is). 

If you are on their side, empty Rahul's head is better than a hard working Modi.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:54 pm

truthbetold wrote:Indian secular belief is a religion.  It is just anti hindu, and heavily influenced by nehruvian rituals. They have no need for information since they already have all the facts that can ever be discovered.  (sounds like a religion, yes it is). 

If you are on their side, empty Rahul's head is better than a hard working Modi.

relevance to this thread? any swami pushing a politician can't be all that 'spiritual'. if he had backed a congress leader, i would have said the same. 

being a swami is a good career option these days.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:07 pm

bw wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Indian secular belief is a religion.  It is just anti hindu, and heavily influenced by nehruvian rituals. They have no need for information since they already have all the facts that can ever be discovered.  (sounds like a religion, yes it is). 

relevance to this thread? any swami pushing a politician can't be all that 'spiritual'. if he had backed a congress leader, i would have said the same. 

My comment is a follow up to VP's comment. 

Spiritual does not mean uninterested.  A wise person will advice rarely but he/she will step up at opportune times. I am not comparing this swami to Krishna in Mahabharat, I just want to bring to your attention that Krishna steps in at appropriate moments. 

In this case, the recommendation came from Indophile from his personal experience. So it means something to many SUCH participants.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:07 pm

...Agree.... Confused Cleric, IdeFixed, Maulana Rashmunullah and Gaywala should listen, in particular AND read his book "Third Eye"

Thanks for the reco...

Does he arrange for activities like this for his disciples to attain paripoorNAnandam...

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:29 am

bw wrote:

okiee...who is the Swami that supports Congress?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:02 am

bw wrote:

didnt't IG have that creepy beardo who swallowed a ball of string and pulled it out of his nostrils claiming to have cleaned his soul or something? politicians cavorting with beardos is  nothing new.

watch atal-ji doing ring-around-the-rosie with a beardo:

https://youtu.be/9U8_qGas1ls
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:17 am

i remembered the string out of nostrils pulling beardo's name -- deranged brahmachari.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:31 am

What's with this newfound love for Nehru! We all agree that no other leader matches Modiji's credentials in terms of development accomplishments, he already earned the title God (rightfully) which is > Mahatma, there is no comparison at all. Let's not try to bring his stature down by comparing with traitors like Nehru & Gandhi

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:25 am

confuzzled dude wrote:

What's with this newfound love for Nehru! We all agree that no other leader matches Modiji's credentials in terms of development accomplishments, he already earned the title God (rightfully) which is > Mahatma, there is no comparison at all. Let's not try to bring his stature down by comparing with traitors like Nehru & Gandhi

Cd
don't quit your day job. you got lot of work to write funny.
you are still suffering from trauma of election loss. i will wait for some more time.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:44 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
bw wrote:

didnt't IG have that creepy beardo who swallowed a ball of string and pulled it out of his nostrils claiming to have cleaned his soul or something? politicians cavorting with beardos is  nothing new.

I was implying to halcy that it is not just this swammi, numerous otehr swamis have praised Cong(i) leaders. Swami Swaroopanand has always been an ardent supporter of Cong(i).

http://zeenews.india.com/news/madhya-pradesh/swami-swaroopanand-s-answer-to-narendra-modi-as-pm-%E2%80%93-one-slap_906167.html

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:03 pm

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Cd
don't quit your day job. you got  lot of work to write funny.
you are still suffering from trauma of election loss. i will wait for some more time.
Huh! Someone who is blaming Nehru is lecturing me about trauma and what not

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:47 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
bw wrote:

I was implying to halcy that it is not just this swammi, numerous otehr swamis have praised Cong(i) leaders. Swami Swaroopanand  has always been an ardent supporter of Cong(i).

http://zeenews.india.com/news/madhya-pradesh/swami-swaroopanand-s-answer-to-narendra-modi-as-pm-%E2%80%93-one-slap_906167.html

all those swamis must also be viewed with the greatest suspicion. a true swami should be an ascetic. all these media-savvy, politically-savvy modern, bearded goons have simply chosen swamihood as a lucrative, comfortable career choice. i don't blame them entirely because there seems to be a target market and as long as they aren't doing anything illegal, they should exploit the suckers.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:15 pm

bw wrote:

all those swamis must also be viewed with the greatest suspicion. a true swami should be an ascetic. all these media-savvy, politically-savvy modern, bearded goons have simply chosen swamihood as a lucrative, comfortable career choice. i don't blame them entirely because there seems to be a target market and as long as they aren't doing anything illegal, they should exploit the suckers.

agree. those willing to be exploited need to be exploited. they fully deserve it.

btw, is it true that the psychobabbling hi-funda philosophizing saamiyaars are all saivites? i have seldom come across the vertical striped ones in these kind of roles. usually they are interpreting some religious text, not taking on science and providing competing views on the nature of the universe etc. this maybe partly because of my own ignorance about such matters and i am totally off the mark here.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:51 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
bw wrote:

agree. those willing to be exploited need to be exploited. they fully deserve it.

btw, is it true that the psychobabbling hi-funda philosophizing saamiyaars are all saivites? i have seldom come across the vertical striped ones in these kind of roles. usually they are interpreting some religious text, not taking on science and providing competing views on the nature of the universe etc.  this maybe partly because of my own ignorance about such matters and i am totally off the mark here.
Don't worry, the horizontal saamiyaars are all vertically integrated.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down