Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer plans?

5 posters

Go down

Summer plans? Empty Summer plans?

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:28 pm

A bunch of my friends are planning to visit Tajmahal, Qutub minar & Jaipur, I want to join them *sigh* looks like my work schedule won't permit. Suchers planning anything interesting?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Summer plans? Empty Re: Summer plans?

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:38 pm

i have come to hate india trips because they are never vacations, but trips to satisfy obligations. i don't go to india if i can help it.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:50 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i have come to hate india trips because they are never vacations, but trips to satisfy obligations. i don't go to india if i can help it.
You're right for the most; hanging out with old friends, booze and food make up for me.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:28 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:A bunch of my friends are planning to visit Tajmahal, Qutub minar & Jaipur, I want to join them *sigh* looks like my work schedule won't permit. Suchers planning anything interesting?

I'm planning a trip with my school friends this time when I go home. kodaikanal, ooty mahabalipuram the whole south tour. We've decided to take 1 week off from our everyday life and spend some time together. Like a reunion. we were inseparable back in school and now we only talk on bdays and anniversaries Sad

no summer travel plans this year.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:33 pm

Other than short trips , I plan to spend my summer tending to my lawn/garden and bicycling.  CT is not a particularly bike friendly place. But I see others doing it. So i am pushing to extend beyond my 10 mile cycles. 

Any one interested in flower gardening?  I am learning and enjoying.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:09 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i have come to hate india trips because they are never vacations, but trips to satisfy obligations. i don't go to india if i can help it.

I absolutely love India trips. especially if my sis and fam is going there at the same time. We chill to the fullest. Go to the village everyday for walk/tennis/gym/tt/badminton and sometimes breakfast/dinner, attend a big event if there is one. Go to the malls, do shopping or watch movies. (In our fave mall, there is a small horror ride/walk - the kind you get during Halloween here. Crappiest one if you ask me - pitch dark and bad actors. But still, it has become such a tradition to go into it. Kids love it. And every time we all somehow run out laughing and screaming). Or just hog in general - hotels and streets. Or just take a trip to scenic outskirts of the city and ... yes eat there too. Hot and solid Parathas while enjoying cool mountain breeze on the face or just visit one of those rajasthani dhanis and dance/eat/take rides/watch tricks. Or for a picnic to a farm like place in the outskirts where they have in-tune-with-nature rides. *osome*. So much to do in my city. Not to forget meeting up old friends or holding get-togethers, and yes most definitely post those pics on FB.  Very Happy The best thing about meeting old BFFs (or even close school friends) is, your need no ice breakers, you talk as if there was no gap of so many years. Can't describe what a peace to the soul that is.

The only thing I have not done so far is to take mini trips for touring other places in India. My objective is just meet parents. Besides the kids were younger so far. Maybe will start doing that starting next one.

To the OP, man it's only July 11th and I feel my summer is already over. Done beach, done boardwalk, done water park. No intention of a full theme park so far. I may go for a quick meet with rents, and that's it.

I do plan to take up hiking again (moderately steep levels), instead of just walking around my extended neighborhood. Let's see. All depends on who I can manage to drag with me.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:34 am

seven wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:A bunch of my friends are planning to visit Tajmahal, Qutub minar & Jaipur, I want to join them *sigh* looks like my work schedule won't permit. Suchers planning anything interesting?

I'm planning a trip with my school friends this time when I go home. kodaikanal, ooty mahabalipuram the whole south tour. We've decided to take 1 week off from our everyday life and spend some time together. Like a reunion. we were inseparable back in school and now we only talk on bdays and anniversaries Sad

no summer travel plans this year.
Just came back from the big Southindia trip. Tirupathi, Chennai, Madurai, KodaiKanal, Periyar/Thekkkady, Munnar, KanyaKumari, Trivendrum. Then rested a whole day at Nalli's. Smile
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:38 am

Max, you are getting old. Your body is not cooperating anymore and old bones not letting you adapt easily. Naturally.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down