Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are you summer plans?

+9
Mosquito
Hellsangel
mickeybrowneyes
charvaka
SomeProfile
The Absolute Zero
tapori
Propagandhi711
doofus_maximus
13 posters

Go down

what are you summer plans? Empty what are you summer plans?

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 4:06 pm

Any major travel, hobby, sabbath worth mentioning?

My summer will come early. May-June... Niagara, DC, NYC, Six flags, Hershey Park, broadway, Disney, FL beach, museums.

by end of June, I would be done. Dunno how to fill up July-August.. wogay, the kids might go to NoCal with the dad for 1-2 weeks.. and then the kids might visit their aunt in August.

But nothing up for me... maybe will do a zoo, maybe a NJ beach, and then maybe will fill the days with books, or work. Very Happy

your turn.

Back to top Go down

what are you summer plans? Empty Re: what are you summer plans?

Post by doofus_maximus Tue May 10, 2011 4:19 pm

no plans as of now.. several weekend one day trips to nearby lakes and towns..

thats about it..

but our cricket league is starting much to the dismay of all the players' wives and families..
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue May 10, 2011 4:23 pm

poker, get together with ex college mates, flooring work etc etc

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by tapori Tue May 10, 2011 4:26 pm

this summer will be busy as in laws are visitng us first time. this is first time I will be staying with them, hope they wont take their daughter with them as they don't know I drink. will be visiting Niagara and Sault St. Mary for sure. also camping to Awenda is planned for Aug.

tapori

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 4:38 pm

tapori wrote:this summer will be busy as in laws are visitng us first time. this is first time I will be staying with them, hope they wont take their daughter with them as they don't know I drink. will be visiting Niagara and Sault St. Mary for sure. also camping to Awenda is planned for Aug.

Of course... camping... daym.. didn't include camping in bro's trip... daym!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Tue May 10, 2011 4:45 pm

Plans? Huh. Work, work and more work. I am neck deep now and if it does not become complete submerge, thank God for that!

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue May 10, 2011 5:02 pm

Hope to travel to new places, meet new people. Hope to go camping one of the weekends.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue May 10, 2011 5:52 pm

Long weekend in Yosemite. A longer weekend in upstate New York. That's about it. I so miss last year when we took a month off for a vacation.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeybrowneyes Tue May 10, 2011 6:35 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:Any major travel, hobby, sabbath worth mentioning?

My summer will come early. May-June... Niagara, DC, NYC, Six flags, Hershey Park, broadway, Disney, FL beach, museums.

by end of June, I would be done. Dunno how to fill up July-August.. wogay, the kids might go to NoCal with the dad for 1-2 weeks.. and then the kids might visit their aunt in August.

But nothing up for me... maybe will do a zoo, maybe a NJ beach, and then maybe will fill the days with books, or work. Very Happy

your turn.

@NJ Beach - please recommend a few good ones (for a day trip)...

mickeybrowneyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue May 10, 2011 6:36 pm

mickeybrowneyes wrote:

Guesting on Jersey Shore?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosquito Tue May 10, 2011 6:38 pm

My parents will be visiting. Planning to take them to Yosemite and LA, may be to Grand Canyon.
Mosquito
Mosquito

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeybrowneyes Tue May 10, 2011 6:39 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
mickeybrowneyes wrote:

Fuk no! :-)

After enjoying living almost seaside in CA, SC, and later in FL - it's sometimes a drag to get to beaches in the East Coast. Figured y'all locals know some good/decent ones...no?

mickeybrowneyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue May 10, 2011 6:42 pm

mickeybrowneyes wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
mickeybrowneyes wrote:

Fuk no! :-)

After enjoying living almost seaside in CA, SC, and later in FL - it's sometimes a drag to get to beaches in the East Coast. Figured y'all locals know some good/decent ones...no?

You should ask ಪರಿಮಳ/ವಿಘ್ನೇಶ್ವರಿ
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 8:40 pm

Since we are with kids, we go to point pleasant, seaside heights or wildwoods. Romantic getaways are more to the south, this place that starts with a C, forgetting it's name... We also used to go to Jones Beach in Long Island when we lived in NY, though it can get crowded...Jones Beach also has a huge pool, so that's fun, and it's boardwalk scene is very nice, with a lot of country performers and local audience participants... Never been to Hamptons, and now it's too far for us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 10:02 pm

Had planned to go to Japan but that is not on now. Either England or New Zealand. It is rather late and need to see what kind of deals I can find for these places.

If those don't work out, maybe a sun-n-sand place though that is not something I really want to do.

I will also visit India for a short period at the end of summer and bring my mother with me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 10:06 pm

blabberwock wrote:Had planned to go to Japan but that is not on now. Either England or New Zealand. It is rather late and need to see what kind of deals I can find for these places.

If those don't work out, maybe a sun-n-sand place though that is not something I really want to do.

I will also visit India for a short period at the end of summer and bring my mother with me.

What's the weather in New Zealand this time of the year?

Parents might come here in August... they keep saying no, but we are giving them the deal that if they come, we all will go to Alaska cruise... one of his friends had told him to keep Alaska cruise as one of the last major holiday trips, coz once you do that, all else looks pale...let's see if they come.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue May 10, 2011 10:37 pm

blabberwock wrote:Had planned to go to Japan but that is not on now.
Same here. Sad
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue May 10, 2011 10:45 pm

Don't know yet. Would like to go to eastern europe, but need to squeeze in a trip to India.-- got to work out the schedule. Kids don't want to go anywhere.. Then there is the money angle

We'll see..

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 10:48 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:

What's the weather in New Zealand this time of the year?

Parents might come here in August... they keep saying no, but we are giving them the deal that if they come, we all will go to Alaska cruise... one of his friends had told him to keep Alaska cruise as one of the last major holiday trips, coz once you do that, all else looks pale...let's see if they come.

It will be cool to cold, depending on the place. Yes, not the optimal time to visit but it shouldn't be too bad. I am leaning towards England.

Some friends of ours did the Alaska cruise recently and were very happy with the whole experience. I have some kind of mental block againt cruises - I feel that's something I should do when I am over 60.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 10:52 pm

blabberwock wrote:
Some friends of ours did the Alaska cruise recently and were very happy with the whole experience. I have some kind of mental block againt cruises - I feel that's something I should do when I am over 60.

Most of the caribbeans or bahamas cruises are actually geared towards young families... the kinds that cruise in the nights, and then halts at an island for the day... my sis went in a 5-day such cruise, with 2 friends...and they totally enjoyed it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue May 10, 2011 10:55 pm

The alaska cruise is fun, if you have a lot of patience. The average age is about 87 but when you get to the glacier (mendenhall, if i remember) you will think it was all worth it. There is one that they combine with overland time in alaska for a few days. That may be more fun.

If you really want to go on a better cruise, I would recommend the one out of rome thru the cyclades (greek islands)- athens- istanbul.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 10:59 pm

Kris wrote:The alaska cruise is fun, if you have a lot of patience. The average age is about 87 but when you get to the glacier (mendenhall, if i remember) you will think it was all worth it. There is one that they combine with overland time in alaska for a few days. That may be more fun.

If you really want to go on a better cruise, I would recommend the one out of rome thru the cyclades (greek islands)- athens- istanbul.

This is mostly for the rents... dad has toured most of Europe when he was studying in england... so that might or might not hold the charm for him... Alaska is something somehow stuck in his mind for quite some time.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue May 10, 2011 11:15 pm

i thoroughly recommend the alaska cruise for folks looking to have fun with aging parents. three generations together for two weeks on a ship is a lot of fun. plus it's not like there is no physical activity -- you can go do long hikes wherever the ship docks. plus there is an on board gym.

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 11:39 pm

Going to India with my younger son. Had a tough time convincing him to go to India. It's going to be a pain to engage him there.
Planning to cover madhurai, tanjavur, kanchi and yeah, Ramanashramam Smile when i go visit my bro in Chennai. Rest of the time, I'll be in good ol' Hyderabad with parents and other aging aunts and uncles and a few cousins who stayed back in india.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 11, 2011 1:49 am

Expect a very busy summer, year with lots of challenges, tensions, and calculations (or miscalculations?)

Received an offer for a 2nd full time job. Need to make a decision if I can handle 2 full time jobs and still tackle everything else on the plate (including posting here).

Life's entire work, plan, and processes in every sphere under exam this year, and the results will be out by next Summer - pass/fail/first class/first class distinction?

The exam starts duly this Month.

P.S. I showed my Big boss - who yelled at me the first 10 min - why the boss was wrong and proved why I was right all the time, and indicated as a matter of fact there WOULD be consequences for crossing my path - smilingly.

Last edited by Marathadi-Saamiyaar on Wed May 11, 2011 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To appease ThOmas Padre)

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 1:52 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Life's entire work, plan, and processes in every sphere under exam this year, and the results will be out by next Summer - pass/fail/first class/first class distinction?

Mr.Saamiyar, are you the new drama queen of CH?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 11, 2011 2:01 am

Sorry...drama Saamiyaar...

See if you can guess anything in it.... every sentence is a fact - of course it is all covered by layers of insulation.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed May 11, 2011 2:03 am

Life's entire work, plan, and processes in every sphere under exam this year,

>>>> I always knew you dabbled in astrology

Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 11, 2011 2:08 am

Actually, I bought a book on Palmistry - did not have much time to read/study the book.

Only the ones who know me in real life will be able to interpret every sentence in that post....Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 2:09 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Sorry...drama Saamiyaar...

See if you can guess anything in it.... every sentence is a fact - of course it is all covered by layers of insulation.

I am rather dumb. I could not make head or tail of it. Life, work, test, pass, fail, two full-time jobs?

Are you getting married? Or have a kid graduating? Or having a baby yourself?

Last edited by blabberwock on Wed May 11, 2011 2:14 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed May 11, 2011 2:13 am

saamiyar getting ready to take over deepak chopra's empire

Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 11, 2011 2:17 am

blabberwock wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Sorry...drama Saamiyaar...

I am rather dumb. I could not make head or tail of it. Life, work, test, pass, fail, two full-time jobs?

Are you getting married? Or have a kid graduating? Or having a baby yourself?

Here is the truth:

I was just hallucinating under the influence of "medicinal herbs" as part of my "Nirvana Pooja"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed May 11, 2011 4:30 am

eat mangoes, eat aamras-puri, eat jackfruits, eat boiled and salted jackfruit seeds, eat watermellons, eat musk mellons, drink beer, curse the govt for load shedding, curse the PMC for water cuts, and complain "this summer is the worst ever."

to be honest, this summer has been excellent. temps in pune are below 40 even in the month of vaishakh and two nights ago, i did not even switch on the fan at night. it's that good. i only hope this does not affect the monsoon.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down