Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

idle musings

3 posters

Go down

idle musings Empty idle musings

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:28 am

Controlling people scout for nice and polite people who seem agreeable. Once they find such a person they begin trying to influence their thoughts and actions, like how to behave with others, who to talk to, etc... maybe they get a little success initially. But if this nice person was just being a positive and polite person so far, and won't dance to every tune of this controlling person, that's when trouble begins. Either the association goes sour, or the controlling person can become abusive. Abusive doesn't ofcourse mean cursing or beating up. It can be done in many other ways, like constant taunts and putdowns, unfortunately for the same characteristics that earlier attracted this bully to this victim. Maybe the goal is to still control the person's feelings? Or maybe the goal is to simply torment as they treat this as a failure?

Back to top Go down

idle musings Empty Re: idle musings

Post by b_A Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:41 am

Very true.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:57 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:Controlling people scout for nice and polite people who seem agreeable. Once they find such a person they begin trying to influence their thoughts and actions, like how to behave with others, who to talk to, etc... maybe they get a little success initially. But if this nice person was just being a positive and polite person so far, and won't dance to every tune of this controlling person, that's when trouble begins. Either the association goes sour, or the controlling person can become abusive. Abusive doesn't ofcourse mean cursing or beating up. It can be done in many other ways, like constant taunts and putdowns, unfortunately for the same characteristics that earlier attracted this bully to this victim. Maybe the goal is to still control the person's feelings? Or maybe the goal is to simply torment as they treat this as a failure?

To better understand take SuCH fas an example, and fit in names that fit your theory.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:39 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:Controlling people scout for nice and polite people who seem agreeable. Once they find such a person they begin trying to influence their thoughts and actions, like how to behave with others, who to talk to, etc... maybe they get a little success initially. But if this nice person was just being a positive and polite person so far, and won't dance to every tune of this controlling person, that's when trouble begins. Either the association goes sour, or the controlling person can become abusive. Abusive doesn't ofcourse mean cursing or beating up. It can be done in many other ways, like constant taunts and putdowns, unfortunately for the same characteristics that earlier attracted this bully to this victim. Maybe the goal is to still control the person's feelings? Or maybe the goal is to simply torment as they treat this as a failure?

To better understand take SuCH fas an example, and fit in names that fit your theory.

no names. just theories. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:48 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

If only you could understand my signature, you would sympathize with me for not understanding your theory clearly.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:20 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

If only you could understand my signature, you would sympathize with me for not understanding your theory clearly.

The name did very well four paticcavanka
I muttalunka.

scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Mauni Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:09 pm

Maybe the Chuha creature's ego took a beating when it couldn't tame the Sherni.

Mauni

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:44 am

My idle musings:
Should mauni re-read the first post and see if it is applicable to the Sherni and herself ?

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:53 pm

hahaha... my hunch was right. all those indirect 'nice and sweet' jabs going on, now confirms who they were directed at. Only goes to prove my original post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mauni Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:18 pm

b_A wrote:My idle musings:
Should mauni re-read the first post and see if it is applicable to the Sherni and herself ?
ya, should I?

Mauni

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:27 pm

Mauni wrote:
ya, should I?
A prudent person would. And think, if sharing personal info with someone who wouldn't think twice about revealing it after a couple of drinks, is worth it.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm

b_A wrote:
Mauni wrote:
ya, should I?
A prudent person would. And think, if sharing personal info with someone who wouldn't think twice about revealing it after a couple of drinks, is worth it.

right, because making a mistake once means making all kinds of mistakes forever. because if someone is a thief, they must be a murderer too. because if someone can reveal someone's info, they must also be controlling, manipulating, and bullying them.

logic koi inse seekhe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:32 pm

Oh please! give this 'vids shared kinn's pic' thing a rest. Enough is enough! It's no big deal. Srsly! Yeah, vids has a weakness to keep secrets or personal info. We know that. she's working on it, i'm sure Smile.  Don't we have our own weaknesses? Who's perfect? The thing is, she's not vicious. If she were, i wouldn't have been her friend. She's very plain-hearted and i like that about her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:08 am

Kinnera wrote:Oh please! give this 'vids shared kinn's pic' thing a rest. Enough is enough! It's no big deal. Srsly! Yeah, vids has a weakness to keep secrets or personal info. We know that. she's working on it, i'm sure Smile.  Don't we have our own weaknesses? Who's perfect? The thing is, she's not vicious. If she were, i wouldn't have been her friend. She's very plain-hearted and i like that about her.

Yep working. I simply don't talk to anyone and no one talks to me. So that helps Very Happy Infact now I am scared to talk to people offline. I get only disturbing news. 

The disadvantage of earning a reputation like this, other than the obvious ones are:

1) get blamed for any kind of info sharing going around. Any other pic? Tracy shared it. Facebook page? Yep tracy shared it. It doesn't matter who really shared what. Just slap it on tracy and make it believable. No am not making this up. Hard to go and defend everything to everyone. Coz then it's easy to counter that with, 'Tracy is lying'. Just sit back and let the drama play.

2) if you seriously don't tell something private to someone and they know you know it, they take it too personally. Yep this has happened too. Gone through all sorts of emotional appeals and blackmails on this one. 

But there can be advantages too. I can easily lie about not knowing something and they will believe me. Coz if I knew it I would easily tell, ya?

Anyway hopefully this is the last I let a troll make me write this much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:19 am

Kinnera wrote:Oh please! give this 'vids shared kinn's pic' thing a rest. Enough is enough! It's no big deal. Srsly! Yeah, vids has a weakness to keep secrets or personal info. We know that. she's working on it, i'm sure Smile.  Don't we have our own weaknesses? Who's perfect? The thing is, she's not vicious. If she were, i wouldn't have been her friend. She's very plain-hearted and i like that about her.

I am very good in keeping secrets...

Send me your latest pics...Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:35 am

I am very good in keeping secrets...

Send me your latest pics...Razz
Same here. You share something with me, i'll take it to my grave without spilling anything. so yeah, send yours, Mr. Madhavan look-alike  tongue 

To Trace: change it all. You did good when it came to our other bestie. extend that.

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:42 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

Yep working. I simply don't talk to anyone and no one talks to me. So that helps Very Happy Infact now I am scared to talk to people offline. I get only disturbing news. 

The disadvantage of earning a reputation like this, other than the obvious ones are:

1) get blamed for any kind of info sharing going around. Any other pic? Tracy shared it. Facebook page? Yep tracy shared it. It doesn't matter who really shared what. Just slap it on tracy and make it believable. No am not making this up. Hard to go and defend everything to everyone. Coz then it's easy to counter that with, 'Tracy is lying'. Just sit back and let the drama play.

2) if you seriously don't tell something private to someone and they know you know it, they take it too personally. Yep this has happened too. Gone through all sorts of emotional appeals and blackmails on this one. 

But there can be advantages too. I can easily lie about not knowing something and they will believe me. Coz if I knew it I would easily tell, ya?

Didn't you expose a veteran who has built up a facade painstakingly for over a decade? And you made it crumble just like that. The funny thing is that the said veteran seems oblivious to the fact that his facade has crumbled and your role in it.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:59 pm

b_A wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

Didn't you expose a veteran who has built up a facade painstakingly for over a decade? And you made it crumble just like that. The funny thing is that the said veteran seems oblivious to the fact that his facade has crumbled and your role in it.

hainji? I guess I am oblivious to the fact too, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:09 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
b_A wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

ignorance is bliss. Or is it pleading ignorance ?

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:19 pm

b_A wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
b_A wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

ignorance is bliss. Or is it pleading ignorance ?

Unless you name the said veteran, and/or you name your source, how can you expect me to respond? Whether I choose to respond or not is a different topic altogether.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down