Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In pain

+2
michelle2
seven
6 posters

Go down

In pain Empty In pain

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:02 am

I have started playing tennis recently. Yesterday I overdid it and played more than my current fitness level. Today my whole body is experiencing soreness and pain.
The question is: should I play today and tomorrow and basically keep going, or should I take a break?

Back to top Go down

In pain Empty Re: In pain

Post by seven Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:12 am

Stop till the pain is completely gone. 
Obviously your muscles are strained. Doesn't sound like the pain we experience when we start exercising after a long gap.
I'd say stop playing n doing other muscle stressing things.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:23 am

seven wrote:Stop till the pain is completely gone. 
Obviously your muscles are strained. Doesn't sound like the pain we experience when we start exercising after a long gap.

Thanks for the advice. I did some research on the net about this and the medical advice I am reading is telling me to keep playing.

http://beta.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/guide/sore-muscles-keep-exercising

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:31 am

Rashmun wrote:
seven wrote:Stop till the pain is completely gone. 

Thanks for the advice. I did some research on the net about this and the medical advice I am reading is telling me to keep playing.

http://beta.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/guide/sore-muscles-keep-exercising

My BIL is a doctor. He doesn't believe in google. At all. Read some published papers n researches from reliable sources.
Otherwise just listen to your body. Hum Sab apne doctor khud hain. If it's telling you it's hurting then stop playing.
If you don't wanna read published papers or listen to your body then just listen to me. And don't play till the pain is completely gone. You will break something a muscle or ligament idk a bone or Sth. Or dislocate it. Fir acha lagega?
Google is waise bhi not liable for things we find there.

Last edited by seven on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stupid phone n autocomplete)

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:41 am

unless u pulled a muscle, go play more. ah, the pain that brings about, but is all worth it. take a pain killer if that helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:59 am

Rashmun wrote:I have started playing tennis recently. Yesterday I overdid it and played more than my current fitness level. Today my whole body is experiencing soreness and pain.
The question is: should I play today and tomorrow and basically keep going, or should I take a break?
play on alternate days; don't take a break of more than one day. suggestion: take a few lessons. your strokes will then be clean, your game will improve, and you'll enjoy it more. also find a regular partner.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:04 am

michelle2 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:I have started playing tennis recently. Yesterday I overdid it and played more than my current fitness level. Today my whole body is experiencing soreness and pain.
play on alternate days; don't take a break of more than one day. suggestion: take a few lessons. your strokes will then be clean, your game will improve, and you'll enjoy it more. also find a regular partner.

Great idea about taking some lessons. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:10 am

michelle2 wrote:

what's wrong with playing e'day? general wisdom is to rest one day a week when you are doing a lot of rigorous exercises or weights. but don't see the logic in playing tennis alternate days only.

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:17 am

Rashmun wrote:Great idea about taking some lessons. Thanks.

You should also be doing appropriate warm-up and stretching exercises before/after. May be the trainer, if you engage one, will be able to suggest.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:20 am

smArtha wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Great idea about taking some lessons. Thanks.

You should also be doing appropriate warm-up and stretching exercises before/after. May be the trainer, if you engage one, will be able to suggest.

yeah, appropriate cool down is as important as warm up is. In most of my dance-based classes, we dedicate about 2 songs for warm up, and 1-2 for cool down.

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:46 pm

If the pain is in the wrist and elbow, then don't play. Use a handle grip to minimize slippage and to prevent wrist injury. Jog for 10-15 minutes before playing.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:47 pm

hahaha. And you're the bozo who challenged me. Were you even able to serve at all or double faulted all the time ?

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:54 pm

b_A wrote:hahaha. And you're the bozo who challenged me. Were you even able to serve at all or double faulted all the time ?

he does underarm serve

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:00 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
b_A wrote:hahaha. And you're the bozo who challenged me. Were you even able to serve at all or double faulted all the time ?

he does underarm serve

I was twelve years old when I moved to boarding school. I had been playing tennis for some years before this but I could not do the overhead serve. The tennis coach in my new school saw this and asked me to pick up a pebble and throw it. No, not the underhand kind of throw, he said when he saw me throwing the stone. He wanted me to throw the pebble after taking my arm over my head just like you serve in tennis. Then made me do this several times. Then asked me to serve the overhead serve and eventually I got it right.

Let this be the first tennis lesson for b_A and Propa. Hope these two bozos move their asses and start playing some tennis instead of being internet warriors 24*7.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:01 pm

back to being an attention whore?

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:09 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

he does underarm serve

I was twelve years old when I moved to boarding school. I had been playing tennis for some years before this but I could not do the overhead serve. The tennis coach in my new school saw this and asked me to pick up a pebble and throw it. No, not the underhand kind of throw, he said when he saw me throwing the stone. He wanted me to throw the pebble after taking my arm over my head just like you serve in tennis. Then made me do this several times. Then asked me to serve the overhead serve and eventually I got it right.

Let this be the first tennis lesson for b_A and Propa. Hope these two bozos move their asses and start playing some tennis instead of being internet warriors 24*7.
So you had someone coach you before and you still thank the evil loser for the great suggestion of getting coached.
Excellent.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:16 pm

b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

he does underarm serve

So you had someone coach you before and you still thank the evil loser for the great suggestion of getting coached.
Excellent.
That was in school. And the coach was not a professional. He was one of the retired teachers who had a passion for tennis.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:30 pm

I used to do underarm serv in volleyball n it was still very good. Close to the net yet not touching n very difficult to judge the ball. Most people missed it n we scored points just for serving Wink

So yea, underarm serv is not so bad. Also, I didn't know we could do that in tennis.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:58 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

he does underarm serve

I dont play with sissy marys like you with underarm serves.

boarding school since 12, that explains your personality. it explains a LOT..

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:01 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

he does underarm serve

Have you ever got the feeling that Rashmun could be a fictional character?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:04 pm

seven wrote:I used to do underarm serv in volleyball n it was still very good. Close to the net yet not touching n very difficult to judge the ball. Most people missed it n we scored points just for serving Wink

So yea, underarm serv is not so bad. Also, I didn't know we could do that in tennis.

yeah women play with men in beach volleyball mostly as eye candy, you arent taken seriously. when douchemun sissy-boy does it on a tennis court it's cause for mirth.

PS: if you cant serve overhead, you cant call it a volleyball serve. I wouldnt serve underarm even with the worst kind of pain from tennis elbow/rotator cuff injury. underarm serves go well with chamomile teas, scented candles, listening to bollywood love duets on ipod while munching on fatfree snacks and celery sticks...

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:06 pm

nevada wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

he does underarm serve

I get the feeling that am watching a two dimensional character

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:21 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

he does underarm serve

But I don't have an underarm serve like you; as I explained I have the overhead serve.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:27 pm

Propa one of these days I am going to have to write the story of how I kicked your arse during the duel we fought. All along I have been refraining out of concern that you might die of embarrassment, but since you seem to be a shameless character I may as well go ahead.

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:46 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
nevada wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

he does underarm serve

Nah, very one dimensional and predictable. I find it hard to believe that there is this eternal bachelor who mostly loiters on message boards, has lofty, scholarly pursuits and does just enough time after time to get smacked over the head by other posters. Maybe Rashmun is the brainchild of a bored family man trying to get some kicks out of riling up people.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:55 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

he does underarm serve

Like admiration for strong authoritative dictators for example ?

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:01 pm

nevada wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
nevada wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Nah, very one dimensional and predictable. I find it hard to believe that there is this eternal bachelor who mostly loiters on message boards, has lofty, scholarly pursuits and does just enough time after time to get smacked over the head by other posters. Maybe Rashmun is the brainchild of a bored family man trying to get some kicks out of riling up people.

Oh God! Another member of the tribe.

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:07 pm

Rashmun wrote:
nevada wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
nevada wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

You can never be a part of a tribe Rashmun, because you are unique, one of a kind!

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:17 pm

nevada wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
nevada wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
nevada wrote:

You can never be a part of a tribe Rashmun, because you are unique, one of a kind!

There are many people like me who have no desire to seek the comfort of belonging to a tribal clique. Uttar Pradeshis have no regional chauvinism in them as I have pointed out.

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:43 pm

Rashmun wrote:
nevada wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
nevada wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

There are many people like me who have no desire to seek the comfort of belonging to a tribal clique. Uttar Pradeshis have no regional chauvinism in them as I have pointed out.
Did you type that with a straight face ?

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:17 pm

b_A wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
nevada wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
nevada wrote:

Did you type that with a straight face ?

Absolutely. One piece of evidence that proves this is the fact that Uttar Pradeshis chose Pandit Nehru, who was a Kashmiri, as their Supreme leader.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:37 pm

so are you going play today or what ? 

reminder: i said dont.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:03 pm

seven wrote:so are you going play today or what ? 

I am following your advice for today.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:04 pm

Rashmun wrote:
seven wrote:so are you going play today or what ? 

I am following your advice for today.
good kid.

i dont think it's the kind of pain that will go away by exercising ur muscles more. i took tennis lessons but i need to make my arms stronger...do push ups etc. then i can play maybe.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down