Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 Steps to Being Happy, According Pope Francis

+2
truthbetold
FluteHolder
6 posters

Go down

10 Steps to Being Happy, According Pope Francis Empty 10 Steps to Being Happy, According Pope Francis

Post by FluteHolder Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:32 am

http://abcnews.go.com/International/pope-francis-10-steps-happy/story?id=24819442

1. "Live and let live."
2. "Be giving of yourself to others."
3. "Proceed calmly" in life.
4. Have "a healthy sense of leisure."
5. "Sundays should be holidays." Spend Sundays with family and friends.
6. "Create dignified jobs for young people."
7. "Respect and take care of nature."
8. "Stop being negative."
9. "Respect others' beliefs."
10. "Work for peace."
----
It is interesting and if all the previous popes had felt/thought the same about the 9th in the list, the entire South America would have kept their original religion/belief/culture...
It is not too late to do this in that/India/other parts of the world to avoid conflicts..
Original source: http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/1403144.htm 
Soul harvesters should read this.
9. Don't proselytize; respect others' beliefs. "We can inspire others through witness so that one grows together in communicating. But the worst thing of all is religious proselytism, which paralyzes: 'I am talking with you in order to persuade you,' No. Each person dialogues, starting with his and her own identity. The church grows by attraction, not proselytizing," the pope said.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

10 Steps to Being Happy, According Pope Francis Empty Re: 10 Steps to Being Happy, According Pope Francis

Post by Guest Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:55 am

A very sensible pope. That's heartening!

Back to top Go down

10 Steps to Being Happy, According Pope Francis Empty Re: 10 Steps to Being Happy, According Pope Francis

Post by truthbetold Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:08 am

a fundamental question:

aren't these kind of so called good principles around for at least few thousands of years. If there is no evidence in this long human history that at any time any society has embraced and fully followed these principles,  what makes one think they will adopted by current or future generations? 

What is it that gives the believers confidence in the face of such contra indications from the human society for 2 to 3 thousand years (minimum)?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:12 am

I am human. My happiness depends on other humans (or maybe a dog later). If someone is not nice to me I get sad, but luckily I can't be sad for too long. I find ways to be happy by myself too. However, real happiness to me means someone cares for me in some way, even if it's little. And food. Ya good food can make me cry. Maybe sometimes a good book or movie, which means only other humans can make me happy, directly or indirectly.

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:25 am

FluteHolder wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/International/pope-francis-10-steps-happy/story?id=24819442

1. "Live and let live."
10. "Work for peace."
----
It is interesting and if all the previous popes had felt/thought the same about the 9th in the list, the entire South America would have kept their original religion/belief/culture...
It is not too late to do this in that/India/other parts of the world to avoid conflicts..
9. Don't proselytize; respect others' beliefs. "We can inspire others through witness so that one grows together in communicating. But the worst thing of all is religious proselytism, which paralyzes: 'I am talking with you in order to persuade you,' No. Each person dialogues, starting with his and her own identity. The church grows by attraction, not proselytizing," the pope said.

not many of these are seen in the hindu belief system, and if any is seen, it is rarely articulated.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:03 am

10 Steps to Being Happy, According Pope Francis 10428231_10154449057670472_6097428498488740052_o

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:11 am

michelle2 wrote:

not many of these are seen in the hindu belief system, and if any is seen, it is rarely articulated.
>>>
"Road Poda Theriyadavanukku, Theru Konal' - Nicely articulated one for you...

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:31 am

FluteHolder wrote:
michelle2 wrote:

>>>
"Road Poda Theriyadavanukku, Theru Konal' - Nicely articulated one for you...
what's "konal?"

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:33 am

michelle2 wrote:
FluteHolder wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/International/pope-francis-10-steps-happy/story?id=24819442

1. "Live and let live."
10. "Work for peace."
----

Michelle/swapna/flimflam

Your ignorance is only matched by your arrogance.  windbag.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:16 pm

michelle2 wrote:

1. "Live and let live."
10. "Work for peace."
----

Ok..Flimmy Iyer. Let us see you have the guts to answer this. Rank the following in descending order regarding respect for others' religious beliefs, based on their behavior over the last 1000 years:

Christianity
Islam
Budhism
Hinduism
Judiasm
Sikhism
Jainism
Zorastrianism

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:00 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
michelle2 wrote:

[size=48]1. "Live and let live."[/size]
[size=48]2. "Be giving of yourself to others."[/size]
[size=48]3. "Proceed calmly" in life.[/size]
[size=48]4. Have "a healthy sense of leisure."[/size]
[size=48]5. "Sundays should be holidays." Spend Sundays with family and friends.[/size]
[size=48]6. "Create dignified jobs for young people."[/size]
[size=48]7. "Respect and take care of nature."[/size]
[size=48]8. "Stop being negative."[/size]
[size=48]9. "Respect others' beliefs."[/size]
[size=48]10. "Work for peace."[/size]
[size=48]----[/size]
[size=48]It is interesting and if all the previous popes had felt/thought the same about the 9th in the list, the entire South America would have kept their original religion/belief/culture...[/size]
[size=48]It is not too late to do this in that/India/other parts of the world to avoid conflicts..[/size]
[size=48]Original source: http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/1403144.htm [/size]
[size=48]Soul harvesters should read this.[/size]

Ok..Flimmy Iyer. Let us see you have the guts to answer this. Rank the following in descending order regarding respect for others' religious beliefs, based on their behavior over the last 1000 years:

Christianity
Islam
Budhism
Hinduism
Judiasm
Sikhism
Jainism
Zorastrianism

I rank Hinduism last (the worst) on the basis of respect for others. have you heard of the caste system, a hindu belief, according to which the majority of people were not only not respected, but were oppressed, treated with derision, and forced to literally carry away the excrement from your homes, generation after generation.

for how long has this gone on? 3,500 years? is your belief in caste still in effect? for evidence, glance up and tell me the third word, now in bold text, that you typed in this post.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:05 pm

swapna wrote:

Christianity
Islam
Budhism
Hinduism
Judiasm
Sikhism
Jainism
Zorastrianism

I rank Hinduism last (the worst) on the basis of respect for others. have you heard of the caste system, a hindu belief, according to which the majority of people were not only not respected, but were oppressed, treated with derision, and forced to literally carry away the excrement from your homes, generation after generation.

for how long has this gone on? 3,500 years? is your belief in caste still in effect? for evidence, glance up and tell me the third word, now in bold text, that you typed in this post.

I have understood your friggin mind like the back of my hand. I knew you would go against Hinduism citing casteism. That is why I asked you to look at the religion as a whole vs respect for other religion.

Now go back and rank it...over the last 1000 years...(iSlam did not come into the picture until 600 AD. forget queens inglis. learn to answer the question. Anything else - no matter how elaborate it is - you will get a big zero for your answer.

One more chance now..

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:07 pm

swapna wrote:
michelle2 wrote:

[size=48]1. "Live and let live."[/size]
[size=48]2. "Be giving of yourself to others."[/size]
[size=48]3. "Proceed calmly" in life.[/size]
[size=48]4. Have "a healthy sense of leisure."[/size]
[size=48]5. "Sundays should be holidays." Spend Sundays with family and friends.[/size]
[size=48]6. "Create dignified jobs for young people."[/size]
[size=48]7. "Respect and take care of nature."[/size]
[size=48]8. "Stop being negative."[/size]
[size=48]9. "Respect others' beliefs."[/size]
[size=48]10. "Work for peace."[/size]
[size=48]----[/size]
[size=48]It is interesting and if all the previous popes had felt/thought the same about the 9th in the list, the entire South America would have kept their original religion/belief/culture...[/size]
[size=48]It is not too late to do this in that/India/other parts of the world to avoid conflicts..[/size]
[size=48]Original source: http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/1403144.htm [/size]
[size=48]Soul harvesters should read this.[/size]

Christianity
Islam
Budhism
Hinduism
Judiasm
Sikhism
Jainism
Zorastrianism

You are refusing to answer his question. He specifically said respect for other's religious beliefs (implicitly referring to those religious beliefs that another person holds,  rooted in a religion that is  different from one's own religion).  Kindly give a direct answer to his question.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down