Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Letter from President Obama to a Tamil activist

2 posters

Go down

Letter from President Obama to a Tamil activist Empty Letter from President Obama to a Tamil activist

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:04 pm

Letter to Dr. Maraimalai.

Thank you for writing. I was touched by your kind words, and I appreciate your support for our shared values.

I believe we all have the power to make the world we seek. Our diversity and differences, when joined together by a common set of ideals, make us stronger. If we hold firm to our principles and back our beliefs with courage and resolve, then hope will overcome fear, and freedom will continue to triumph over tyranny—because that is what forever stirs in the human heart.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Letter from President Obama to a Tamil activist Empty Re: Letter from President Obama to a Tamil activist

Post by FluteHolder Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:19 pm

For some reason, I remember the following saying...

-'Koorai Eari Kozhi Pidikkadhavan, Vaanam Eeari Vaikundam Poraanam..'

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Letter from President Obama to a Tamil activist Empty Re: Letter from President Obama to a Tamil activist

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:39 pm

In 1975, DMK minister under Chief Minister Karunanidhi asked the top US diplomat in Chennai, "Will US support Tamil Nadu if it declares independence." Unfortunately just a few months before, US withdrew from Vietnam ending its disastorous involvement in Asia. US was in no mood to enter a new war in asia. Diplomat said "no".

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down