Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Icon of Hollywood Lauren Bacall passes away!

3 posters

Go down

Icon of Hollywood Lauren Bacall passes away! Empty Icon of Hollywood Lauren Bacall passes away!

Post by Obnoxious Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:38 pm

RIP!!

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Icon of Hollywood Lauren Bacall passes away! Empty Re: Icon of Hollywood Lauren Bacall passes away!

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:42 pm

why dont you let it RIP for all of us!!!

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Icon of Hollywood Lauren Bacall passes away! Empty Re: Icon of Hollywood Lauren Bacall passes away!

Post by dominic mistry Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:30 pm

Obnoxious wrote:RIP!!

lithe like a leopard, sharp-looking but with so much warmth and humor in those eyes.

she was in a movie called "the big sleep" which i watched as a kid but i don't remember the storyline. after that i never  watched a movie of hers, i only remember bogart and her in the movie and there was a lot of sexual tension between the two.  looking back i see that she was very young when she shot that movie.
commendable that she held her own working with bogart. you know, she was middle-class jewish girl from the bronx (in the movie business, of all things), i don't think she had much choice but to act confident and succeed.

when you think about it though, i'm not sure that she made that many movies. looks like marriage to bogart killed her career.

anyhow, i miss those days, in those black-and-white movie days, people took their time to say the lines, even if, say there were police sirens in the background, the characters looked at each other and spoke to one another. we don't see much of that now. as an adult that is what i want to see, not movies that look like video games in slow motion... maybe it's time to make that trip to new york and watch a play.

dominic mistry

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:34 pm

dominic mistry wrote:

lithe like a leopard, sharp-looking but with so much warmth and humor in those eyes.

she was in a movie called "the big sleep" which i watched as a kid but i don't remember the storyline. after that i never  watched a movie of hers, i only remember bogart and her in the movie and there was a lot of sexual tension between the two.  looking back i see that she was very young when she shot that movie.
commendable that she held her own working with bogart. you know, she was middle-class jewish girl from the bronx (in the movie business, of all things), i don't think she had much choice but to act confident and succeed.

when you think about it though, i'm not sure that she made that many movies. looks like marriage to bogart killed her career.

anyhow, i miss those days, in those black-and-white movie days, people took their time to say the lines, even if, say there were police sirens in the background, the characters looked at each other and spoke to one another. we don't see much of that now. as an adult that is what i want to see, not movies that look like video games in slow motion... maybe it's time to make that trip to new york and watch a play.

yeah that must have been a huge handicap in the hollywood crowd

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by dominic mistry Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:45 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
dominic mistry wrote:

yeah that must have been a huge handicap in the hollywood crowd
yes, they were all jewish and she is also jewish but no one's going to give you a job if you can't deliver. she had a king-sized ego, you should see the picture of her sitting on top of the paino while Truman was playing it.

and no, jewish girls from the bronx don't typically try to make it to the movies.

also, she happens to have been quite progressive and her opinions are completely in tune with today's times.

anyhow, just an actress and now dead. i don't care, i gotta sleep, good night.

dominic mistry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down