Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deconstructing pictures posted on social media

2 posters

Go down

Deconstructing pictures posted on social media Empty Deconstructing pictures posted on social media

Post by b_A Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:13 pm

http://greatbong.net/2014/06/06/deconstructing-pictures-posted-on-social-media-part-2/

b_A

Back to top Go down

Deconstructing pictures posted on social media Empty Re: Deconstructing pictures posted on social media

Post by michelle2 Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:47 pm

b_A wrote:http://greatbong.net/2014/06/06/deconstructing-pictures-posted-on-social-media-part-2/

do you have an opinion on the article? or do you merely want us to know that you are literate?

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Deconstructing pictures posted on social media Empty Re: Deconstructing pictures posted on social media

Post by Guest Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:46 am

michelle2 wrote:
b_A wrote:http://greatbong.net/2014/06/06/deconstructing-pictures-posted-on-social-media-part-2/

do you have an opinion on the article? or do you merely want us to know that you are literate?

at the risk of sound vain, I *think* that post was yet another attempt to mock my boasting about skydiving and my FB.

Skydiving was on my bucket list from a long time. Back then, even before FB, if anyone asked, would you rather do sky diving or bungee jumping, my answer would be a quick sky diving, and at that time I didn't even know that tandem jumping exists, would have answered even faster.

But never planned for sky diving, the wish was there in the back burner. Back in 2000, when we had done parasailing (and emailed pics of it to all of course), I had thought ok maybe this is the closest I would get to sky diving. 2-3 years ago cousin bil used to say we will go, and I would say yes, but would never commit to a date, so he went by himself. This time, it was niece who was pushing this, so I couldn't dilly dally, and used this as a birthday gift to her this year. Funny side story - after she told her friends about it, one said he wants to go, but his mom won't pay. So she tells him, 'tell your aunt to give this as a birthday gift to you'. lol.

Totally glad we went. Most amazing experience. Not the drop part. Didn't care for it. Was too noisy and sorta uncomfortable. But once the parachute opened and we were floating, most amazing view from up there. It's just you in air (well forget the instructor), flying and scoping the earth like a bird. I just kept saying 'wow' and 'amazing' over and over. I recommend it to every one for the grand view, if not the thrill. I hope someone else here who has done it shares the experience too.

Regarding FB profile, hell yes. Once in a lifetime thing for me, I will definitely boast. Just like I did for kingda ka ride, ziplining and shooting range. I don't think I will go shooting range again, unless I am in a group situation. Ziplining, I can do again.

Am iffy about water sports. I enjoy beach and lying on a board and riding the waves; or just jumping with the waves. Sometimes we go in neck deep, but I don't think I will ever do that alone. XH is a good swimmer, so he would drag me in further and further until the lifeguard whistled. I also like water parks, and have done decent slides, with or without tubes - done the tallest one in hurricane harbor here in nj. But I think that's the extent of it. The one time we went snorkling, I stayed within 20 feet of the boat, while everyone else went far to see the corals. Jet skiing too, the last time we went, I had sat in the back seat, and the back hurt. Lost interest after that, and to me it looked sorta intimidating. Went canoeing once, and I would freak out every time one of the kids moved and shook it. Will see. We are going boating today, let's see how that goes.

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:18 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
michelle2 wrote:

at the risk of sound vain, I *think* that post was yet another attempt to mock my boasting about skydiving and my FB.

etc.

my response was to b_a, not to you.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:25 am

michelle2 wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
michelle2 wrote:

etc.

i too meant's b_a's post not yours... (secret scratch )

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:36 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
michelle2 wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
michelle2 wrote:

etc.

if that were the case, b_a's name would appear immediately below yours within the hierarchy of previous posts within yours. you wasted a secret head-scratch.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:39 am

michelle2 wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
michelle2 wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
michelle2 wrote:

etc.

if that were the case, b_a's name would appear immediately below yours within the hierarchy of previous posts within yours. you wasted a secret head-scratch.

you asked him his opinion or something about that link. i explained you what I think was his intention.

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:07 pm

michelle2 wrote:

Oh I am sorry. I should've known that copy-pasting w/o comment is tolerated by the bigoted northindian ingratiating evil loser only when done by his beloved northindian partner.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down