Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unanimously elected Gen Sec of party

5 posters

Go down

Unanimously elected Gen Sec of party Empty Unanimously elected Gen Sec of party

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:38 pm

..This is true internal democracy...Con(i) can learn something from...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Unanimously elected Gen Sec of party Empty Re: Unanimously elected Gen Sec of party

Post by Hellsangel Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:43 pm

Where are the pictures of the Amma worshippers at her feet?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Unanimously elected Gen Sec of party Empty Re: Unanimously elected Gen Sec of party

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:44 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Where are the pictures of the Amma worshippers at her feet?

she ate them.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:49 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

she ate them.

Elephants dont eat humans....only stamp on them.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:48 pm

Oh, fat jokes aside..it is something to see the unprecedented way in which, Ms. Jayalalitha has risen to en masse' political power..

Will be interesting to see the verdict in the corruption case against her soon. Will be quite surprising if she is convicted, but, stranger things have happened.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:53 pm

Maria S wrote:Oh, fat jokes aside..it is something to see the unprecedented way in which, Ms. Jayalalitha has risen to en masse' political power..

Will be interesting to see the verdict in the corruption case against her soon. Will be quite surprising if she is convicted, but, stranger things have happened.

What is unprecedented about jayalalita's rise to en masse' political power?
Even if we limit the discussion to India, which attribute is unprecedented?
Movie actor, think mgr, ntr
woman, think Indira, nadini satpathy ( former orissa cm),
fat, every other Indian politician carries similar weight
Corruption, even there karunanidhi and laloo beat her

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:58 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

she ate them.

Elephants dont eat humans....only stamp on them.

but whales do... sorry could not resist... just a joke. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:24 pm

TBT,

Every powerful leader you listed is different, and comparisons are limited.

No leader in TN, including MGR and Karunanidhi..created a wall between themselves and the public, and the media in TN is afraid to criticize JJ. The careers of many people, even actors like Vadivelu, who campaigned against her took a huge hit, and can never fully recover. It is an "one woman show" - with a certain dictatorial dominance, we have not seen in TN.

As a woman, can't help but be amused to see her commanding presence, and how the "strongmen" bow down - terrified of her ability to destroy them.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:36 pm

Maria S wrote:TBT,

No leader in TN, including MGR and Karunanidhi..created a wall between themselves and the public, and the media in TN is afraid to criticize JJ. The careers of many people, even actors like Vadivelu, who campaigned against her took a huge hit, and can never fully recover. It is an "one woman show" - with a certain dictatorial dominance, we have not seen in TN.

As a woman, can't help but be amused to see her commanding presence, and how the "strongmen" bow down - terrified of her ability to destroy them.

there's nothing amusing about a corrupt, dictatorial elephant. sorry.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:50 pm

Maria S wrote:TBT,

Maria

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/unprecedented

without previous instance; never before known or experienced;unexampled or unparalleled:
an unprecedented event.

I am just pointing to the fact that she is not unprecedented.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:14 pm

So TBT, you have a problem with my usage of ONE English word! I don't need an English lesson! You are entitled to your opinion.

In my view, Jayalalitha is one of a kind, and the unique way she uses her political power is unprecedented - never before known in TN.

Sari Max, I can understand if it is not amusing to you.

This is a tough bunch of folks, I better say Good Night, before it gets worse!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:19 pm

Maria S wrote:So TBT, you have a problem with my usage of ONE English word! I don't need an English lesson! You are entitled to your opinion.

In my view, Jayalalitha is one of a kind, and the unique way she uses her political power is unprecedented - never before known in TN.

Sari Max, I can understand if it is not amusing to you.

This is a tough bunch of folks, I better say Good Night, before it gets worse!
 Too sensitive.  Some people can only give but cannot receive.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:50 pm

Apparently, you are taking what I said in a light hearted way, much too seriously. 

There is nothing you said which was personal or disrespectful for me to become sensitive.

Let me be serious and say, I disagree with you, and I do know a lot in depth about the political history and current happenings in TN, and I stand by my statement about JJ.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down