Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

life in space

5 posters

Go down

life in space Empty life in space

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:37 pm

http://news.discovery.com/space/videos/astronauts-resort-to-pills-to-get-some-shut-eye-video-140819.htm

** the sun rises and sets every 90 mins???? can someone explain that?
** imagine being in space on sleeping pills! it's so scary I'd need some propofol if i am ever sent there. but how exhilarating to be awake, i really loved the visuals in the  movie "gravity." I'm sure they choose astronauts with resting heart rates of 50bpm, cuz imagine when you go up there it must be so scary that your heart rate will double, so it would be hundred, which would still be acceptable. i wonder what meds they have in their medical kit.

** i don't have the link to this but i was reading a link the other day about a Russian space mission with geckos to study fertility/sex and they all came back frozen to death!

** which reminds me - my date was weird: i talked about a study on sex and the dude was like "huh?" hedge fund guy.. i should've known he was going to be super-conservative and not get it. hopefully he won't want to see me after this. i hate to prolong this stuff.

Last edited by pravalika nanda on Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ...)

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

life in space Empty Re: life in space

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:47 pm

oh, i found the article, it's pretty funny, you're gonna laugh your head off.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/09/02/345309084/russian-space-experiment-on-gecko-sex-goes-awry

congratulations, fruit flies!

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:29 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
** which reminds me - my date was weird: i talked about a study on sex and the dude was like "huh?" hedge fund guy.. i should've known he was going to be super-conservative and not get it. hopefully he won't want to see me after this. i hate to prolong this stuff.

filling in for flute-ji who has not been on top of things here lately...

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:37 am

Actually I wanted to post this first Smile

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:25 am

oh, me too! in that other thread about "backward" indian culture. you beat me to it.

by the way, i am beginning to wonder if his beard is a fake one. deeply disappointed, if so.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:22 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:http://news.discovery.com/space/videos/astronauts-resort-to-pills-to-get-some-shut-eye-video-140819.htm

wait wait, did this date consist of dinner or lunch? I am only asking for the menu. pretty please. you owe me that, woman.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:13 pm

bw wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

filling in for flute-ji who has not been on top of things here lately...

watched the response to the first two questions: why ask this dummy these questions. he's never been on a date. he may have sexually abused women but surely this narcissist would know very little about love other than self-love. note the questioner's disenchantment.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:16 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:http://news.discovery.com/space/videos/astronauts-resort-to-pills-to-get-some-shut-eye-video-140819.htm

wait wait, did this date consist of dinner or lunch? I am only asking for the menu. pretty please. you owe me that, woman.
it was some guy my family hooked me up with, I told him I was busy and could do only coffee and dessert, so that's what it was.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:18 pm

bw wrote:oh, me too! in that other thread about "backward" indian culture. you beat me to it.

by the way, i am beginning to wonder if his beard is a fake one. deeply disappointed, if so.
bw, what, no tears, even small ones for the geckonauts who froze to death? and any idea about the question on the sun?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:19 pm

FluteHolder wrote:Actually I wanted to post this first Smile

this guy has a seriously disgusting face. do you really listen to him or do you just laugh at him?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:27 pm

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:32 pm

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:18 pm

Sheldon cooper[I do understand he is a TV character :-(] speaks to Raj koothrapalli about this in the big bang theory. Anyway, it has to do with the amount of time it takes the space station to circumnavigate the Earth. it takes 90 mins and hence they see about 15 to 16 of each in a 24 hour period. Google said the same. It sometimes pays to be a BBT junkie.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:26 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
FluteHolder wrote:Actually I wanted to post this first Smile
this guy has a seriously disgusting face. do you really listen to him or do you just laugh at him?

Is your judgement based on the dating/hookup mindset you seem to carry now?

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:30 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
bw wrote:oh, me too! in that other thread about "backward" indian culture. you beat me to it.

bw, what, no tears, even small ones for the geckonauts who froze to death? and any idea about the question on the sun?

oh, i don't have much compassion for geckos, lizards and other such creatures. i am reminded of the translucent lizards seen beside tube lights in india. have you encountered those? they gave me the creeps.

as for the sun question, it depends on the time taken by the space shuttle to orbit the earth.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:45 pm

Impedimenta wrote:

Sheldon cooper[I do understand he is a TV character :-(] speaks to Raj koothrapalli about this in the big bang theory. Anyway, it has to do with the amount of time it takes the space station to circumnavigate the Earth. it takes 90 mins and hence they see about 15 to 16 of each in a 24 hour period. Google said the same. It sometimes pays to be a BBT junkie.
awesome, thanks

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down