Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modi says to children -- Play hard, work hard

Go down

Modi says to children -- Play hard, work hard Empty Modi says to children -- Play hard, work hard

Post by southindian Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:01 am

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Prime-Minister-Narendra-Modi-addresses-students-on-Teachers-Day/liveblog/41784168.cms

PM Modi mingles with students after his Teachers' Day address

Modi says to children -- Play hard, work hard 41795004

04:48 PMPrime Minister Modi concludes his interaction with students

04:47 PMTake inspiration from the life of Dr Radhakrishnan: PM

04:45 PMA teacher must play an important role through a person's life. A teacher-student relationship must always be nurtured: PM

04:44 PMMy message would be, keep the child in you alive. Keep smiling and playing: Prime Minister Modi

04:44 PMWe have created a separate ministry for skill development: PM on the importance of skill development. PM also refers to the 'Nano car' as an example

04:38 PMThe final question - Are you thinking about giving an impetus to skill development?

Modi says to children -- Play hard, work hard 41793821

04:37 PMA girl from Delhi asks - Can you tell us about what further steps you will take on girl child education? PM replies - Schools need to be close to the home to promote girls' education. Quality is also important. PM also stresses on the importance of technology in spreading education

04:34 PMA student asks the PM - You ask people to save electricity. What do you expect from us and what can we do? PM replies - It's expensive to make electricity, easy to save electricity. Modi then gives suggestions to save electricity, like use of energy-saving bulbs, tube lights etc. We need to all come together as a nation together make the effort

04:25 PMWatch: Google can give you information, but not knowledge, says Modi

Modi says to children -- Play hard, work hard 41792833

04:24 PMA student from Delhi - Is politics difficult? How do you handle stress so well? PM replies - I believe that politics is not a profession. It is a service. And so there is no stress. The people of India are my family. Their happiness is my happiness and their sorrows are my sorrows. I want to keep working more

04:21 PMWe must start living in harmony with nature: PM

04:20 PMWatch: We can all spare some time to educate children, Modi says

Modi says to children -- Play hard, work hard 41792383

04:18 PMA student from Assam askes Modi about climate change and the environment. PM replies - Saving electricity, planting trees...small actions help in serving the nation

04:17 PMPM Modi felicitates a student

Modi says to children -- Play hard, work hard 41792029

04:15 PMServing the nation does not only mean doing grand things. Doing small things is a big service to the nation: PM

04:13 PMI would want you all to become good students and give importance to cleanliness: PM

04:12 PMWe have to encourage girl child education, if one girl studies, two families benefit: PM

04:12 PMI am really glad you are asking a question on education that too from a land where there has been lot of blood due to Maoists, PM replies

04:11 PMStudent from Dantewada asks a question on education. In reply, PM lauds Chhattisgarh CM Raman Singh for his efforts towards education in Dantewada, Bastar

04:10 PMWatch: Smriti Irani's address at the start of the interaction

Modi says to children -- Play hard, work hard 41791817

04:06 PMAmused children interact with Prime Minister Modi

Modi says to children -- Play hard, work hard 41791432

04:03 PMA question from a student from Leh - Did you and your friends indulge in pranks during school days? PM replies - Can there be any child who does not play mischief? Childhood experiences are very important. Modi then goes on to narrate an incident from his childhood

04:00 PMA question from Kerala - Who would you concentrate on, an intelligent student who is lazy or an average student who is hardworking? PM replies - A teacher should not discriminate. All children belong to the teacher. And every child has some talents. If I was a teacher, I would not discrimate at all

03:58 PMJapanese focus on respect, cleanliness and discipline: PM

03:57 PMA question to PM - You saw a school in Japan. What difference did you find in the set up there and here? PM replies - In Japan, they give importance to learning. And I saw parents do not drop their children to school. Parents treat all children equally

03:53 PMA question from a student from Imphal, Manipur - How can I become the PM of India? Modi replies - Start preparing for 2024 elections...and it also means till then I do not have any threat. India is a democracy and anybody can become the PM. Yes, when you are taking oath as the PM do call me for the ceremony

03:50 PMI am a taskmaster. I work hard and I expect hard work: Prime Minister Modi

03:48 PMWhat is my biggest gain? That on TV for the entire day you children are all over: PM

03:47 PMPrime Minister Modi also praises the media for highlighting Teachers' Day in its coverage

03:46 PMMy battery gets charged after meeting the youth: PM

03:46 PMA student asks - What will you gain after talking to us?. Modi replies - If I had to gain things I would not come. Everything is not about 'labh.' Work without any 'labh' and the joy is different

03:45 PMWork hard, play hard, sweat a lot: PM

03:44 PMYes we should dream, but not to become someone, we should dream to do something: PM

03:43 PMAnother student asks - Did you ever think as a child that you will be PM of India and known all over the world? PM replies - No, I never thought. In school I did not even fight election to be a monitor

03:42 PMA students asks - Have your experiences or your teachers shaped you more. PM replies - Education, teachers and values are as important as my experiences

03:40 PMModi says that his experience as CM helped him a lot

03:39 PMPrime Minister's reply: Have not got time to see Delhi. It is only home to office and office to home. I do not think there is much change. Yes, I have to work as hard, perhaps rise earlier. Also have to be more conscious with words

03:38 PMQuestion to PM from a student of Class XI - How did you feel after coming to Delhi from Gandhinagar?

03:37 PMPrime Minister Modi ends his address and begins taking question from students

03:35 PMReading biographies will help you explore the truth, students should read biographies of great personalities: PM

03:35 PMPrime Minister also refers to the 'Google guru' during his address

Modi says to children -- Play hard, work hard 41788944

03:30 PMAs students I am sure you have several dreams. If you are determined to move ahead nothing can stop you. Our youth are talented: PM

03:27 PMI said it on August 15 that we need to ensure that no school lacks toilet facilities for girl students: PM

03:27 PMPrime Minister Modi interacts with a student a short while ago

Modi says to children -- Play hard, work hard 41788153

03:23 PMDr Radhakrishnan did not celebrate his own birthday. He celebrated a day for teachers: PM

03:22 PMWhat is the reason why a lot of people do not want to become teachers. We must think about this. The world needs good teachers: PM

03:22 PMIndia is a youthful nation. Can't we think of exporting good teachers? Why can't our children think I want to be a good teacher: PM

03:20 PMModi's address being beamed live in 18 lakh government and private schools

03:17 PMPrime Minister Modi begins his address on Teachers' Day

03:16 PMMore students sharing glimpses into the life of Dr Radhakrishnan

03:12 PMAnother student talks about Dr Radhakrishnan and remembers his contribution to the nation

03:10 PMA student from a school in Civil Lines, Delhi is talking about Dr Radhakrishnan; the student then gets blessings from the Prime Minister

03:06 PMSmriti Irani conveys her greetings on the occasion

03:05 PMHRD minister Smriti Irani addresses teachers and students on Teachers' Day

02:43 PM"Tributes to Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan. Teacher, scholar and statesman, he remains an inspiration for the entire nation"
- Narendra Modi's tweet

02:43 PM"Teachers' Day greetings! We salute all teachers, who tirelessly light the lamp of knowledge"
- Narendra Modi's tweet

02:41 PMTeachers' Day is celebrated to mark the birth anniversary of educationist and scholar Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, the first vice president and the second President of India.

02:39 PMSchools have been asked to report back (through a Google form) on the arrangements made, and also on how it went off, after the show is over.

02:39 PMMany day schools have changed their schedule on Friday to later in the day to accommodate this change and also asked the transport vehicles to adhere to the changed timing.

02:38 PMPM will address about 1,000 students from various Delhi schools at the Manekshaw Auditorium here, which will be broadcast live by all Doordarshan channels to over 18 lakh government and private schools in the country, as well on radio. Live streaming on the web would also be available.

02:38 PMModi will address the students from 3 pm to 4.45pm through satellite link and live telecast on Doordarshan and the human resource development ministry website.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down