Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian doctor arrives in Australia

+7
Propagandhi711
b_A
swapna
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
southindian
goodcitizn
indophile
11 posters

Go down

Indian doctor arrives in Australia Empty Indian doctor arrives in Australia

Post by indophile Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJHbbAQmpJQ

indophile

Back to top Go down

Indian doctor arrives in Australia Empty Re: Indian doctor arrives in Australia

Post by goodcitizn Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:26 pm

It was not his inten-son. LOL!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:34 pm

I have spring fever, my husband is a heart surgeon,......  Laughing

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:44 pm

if they are indeed tourists, 200 dollars is quite a hit. that's 11,000 rupees.

but man, performance of the video. how did she manage to cough like that?

edit: if this was UK, they would have put her in quarantine as well, for checking out if her cough is highly contagious.

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:48 pm

indophile wrote:I have spring fever, my husband is a heart surgeon,......  Laughing
What I disliked about this guy is that he goes to the extent of saying Indians typically do this shaming all Indians.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:52 pm

indophile wrote:I have spring fever, my husband is a heart surgeon,......  Laughing

that was suffering, not spring, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:53 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
What I disliked about this guy is that he goes to the extent of saying Indians typically do this shaming all Indians.
Yeah, that's why that "AH" comments appears as text in the video.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:59 pm

Are they always that harsh and strict and fine the passengers in Australia? Is it the same in US too? I thought they just throw the food away and don't allow the passengers to take them. Will they always fine them too?

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:12 pm

I think they fine them if they act too smart, show airs (my husband is a heart surgeon), and argue, when they are caught with their pants down lying on a govt. form.

I heard a story (can't vouch for its authenticity) that has some entertainment value. This Telugu couple arrives in New York, and the custos guy asks about a packet which makes him sneeze. The wife replies in colloquial terms, "gunpowder" for kandipodi. Immediately the bomb squad was summoned to "defuse" the plastic packet.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:46 pm

What's the problem in declaring on the form? I bring all food items (except vegetables) including pickles and declare on the form as "processed food". Never had any problems at US customs.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:48 pm

southindian wrote:What's the problem in declaring on the form? I bring all food items (except vegetables) including pickles and declare on the form as "processed food". Never had any problems at US customs.

same here... also I guess their apples were most likely for the plane. would have been better off dumping them in the plane itself, before getting out.

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:52 pm

southindian wrote:What's the problem in declaring on the form? I bring all food items (except vegetables) including pickles and declare on the form as "processed food". Never had any problems at US customs.
If they declared, at least they had not lied.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:57 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

same here... also I guess their apples were most likely for the plane. would have been better off dumping them in the plane itself, before getting out.
Yeah, they could've dumped the apples in the plane. Their problem was, they did not declare any food item, and there was a spread of food items when the inspector checked. They tried to explain it away saying, "we are Indians......."

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

I feel most Indian seniors feel sheepish being interrogated at customs if they declare. I also know many, many Indians in US asking their parents/relatives to check "no food items" on declaration form. Those children don't want their parents/relatives to face delays at customs in US.

On the contrary, my parents once spent 20 minutes asking immigration officer about his family/children and their jobs, when he asked them who's going to come receive them at the airport. All the while I waited outside feeling worried.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:15 pm

southindian wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

I feel most Indian seniors feel sheepish being interrogated at customs if they declare. I also know many, many Indians in US asking their parents/relatives to check "no food items" on declaration form. Those children don't want their parents/relatives to face delays at customs in US.

On the contrary, my parents once spent 20 minutes asking immigration officer about his family/children and their jobs, when he asked them who's going to come receive them at the airport. All the while I waited outside feeling worried.

from what I r'ber you don't have to declare anything if it's not in that 'not allowed' list.

The only time I was questioned was last time. He asked if I am carrying food, I said only processed food. He repeated that after me, hesitated a few seconds, and then let us go. I thought he might coz there were people whose bags were being opened and checked on a couple of counters by us. Luckily this time I really had just that - 3-4 packets of sweets, and of namkeen from market. I don't remember if I carried any homemade namkeen, but even that comes under cooked/processed food.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:20 pm

Fine of JUST $220 ?

They should have fined 22) for each item. He is after all a Heart Surson and has no intension and agrees 100% that is his mistake... and he also represents all Indians.

So he should be fined 220/ item + penalty of another 200 / item.

As a reward and appreciation to him, quarantine the woman for 10 days and check for Ebola, malaria, and bird flue viruses, which should make the heart surson very happy and free.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:32 pm

goodcitizn wrote:

unethical behaviour, in particular, dishonesty, is common among hindu indians. 

may I remind you that you once.claimed falsely that you are a graduate of delhi university, while you only attended st. stephen's college for a year or so, on an exchange program with madras christian college. your degree is from madras university.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:40 pm

swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

unethical behaviour, in particular, dishonesty, is common among hindu indians

may I remind you that you once.claimed falsely that you are a graduate of delhi university, while you only attended st. stephen's college for a year or so, on an exchange program with madras christian college. your degree is from madras university.
Old man, I completely agree with you.

We Hindus also carry false identities like... FlimaFlam, swapna, michelle2, Jeremiah, Jebediah and such. We are like that only.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:41 pm

swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Really....was that before your ancestors converted to Syrianism or after that ?

Do you think the muslim hindus are also equally unethical?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:51 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Really....was that before your ancestors converted to Syrianism or after that ?

Do you think the muslim hindus are also equally unethical?
I think he lost that lying gene when he converted from Hindu religion.

Baptism to Christianity is a miracle.

We now know George W Bush is a Hindu. He invaded Iraq. So is Bill Clinton, who is also a Hindu and so are ALL Congressmen and Senators. Smile 

Oh Boy! ALL Americans are Hindus.

Dammit.... I thought I work with Christians here.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:05 pm

southindian wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

We Hindus also carry false identities like... FlimaFlam, swapna, michelle2, Jeremiah, Jebediah and such. We are like that only.
is vinod kumar southTHiNDian your real name then?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:09 pm

swapna wrote:
southindian wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

is vinod kumar southTHiNDian your real name then?
Nope!

I'm a Malyali Syrian Christian whose ancestors converted to Christianity....which helped them lose the lying gene.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:13 pm

swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

What nonsense! I am the one who told you that I went to St. Stevens on a cultural exchange program for a few months during my masters at Christian College. I never claimed that I graduated from Delhi University nor do I think it is in any way superior to Madras University. Go correct some spellings and grammar, not revel in rubbish.

And dishonesty is amongst all Indians - hindus, christians and muslims. This despicable behavior has zilch to do with religion.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:27 pm

swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

I know that your filthy mind is impervious to logic but how do you explain the case of Mathew Martoma, a catholic syrian christian of Indian origin
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/insider-trading-mastermind-mathew-martoma-sentenced-9-years-article-1.1932636

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathew_Martoma

"He graduated from Merritt Island High School in 1992.[6] He graduated from Duke University and then attended Harvard Law School but was expelled in 1999[7] for grade manipulation and dishonesty."
PS: His real name is Ajai Mathew Mariamdani Thomas. Is he related to you? He shares all of your traits.

Last edited by b_A on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:29 pm

swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

May I also remind you that you are the last person qualified to take the moral ground accusing only the hindus of being dishonest whereas you unashamedly shared personal information about Tiana repeatedly despite her many requests to stop stalking and doing that. Not only is it repugnant to reveal someone's personal identity but it is even worse to blatantly deny doing it. When it comes to discussing honesty, you FAIL.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:38 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

What nonsense! I am the one who told you that I went to St. Stevens on a cultural exchange program for a few months during my masters at Christian College. I never claimed that I graduated from Delhi University nor do I think it is in any way superior to Madras University. Go correct some spellings and grammar, not revel in rubbish.

And dishonesty is amongst all Indians - hindus, christians and muslims. This despicable behavior has zilch to do with religion.

forgive the old tranny. side effect of hormone injections he started taking late in life is loss of memory

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:39 pm

b_A wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

I know that your filthy mind is impervious to logic but how do you explain the case of Mathew Martoma, a catholic syrian christian of Indian origin
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/insider-trading-mastermind-mathew-martoma-sentenced-9-years-article-1.1932636

"He graduated from Merritt Island High School in 1992.[6] He graduated from Duke University and then attended Harvard Law School but was expelled in 1999[7] for grade manipulation and dishonesty."
PS: His real name is Ajai Mathew Mariamdani Thomas. Is he related to you? He shares all of your traits.

just because mathoma's last name is thomas doesnt mean he's related to a certain koithadathil kuruvilla thomas of arlington texas. it could be a common last name like murthy or sharma

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:46 pm

australia and new zealand have the strictest customs/quarantine requirements and it is all painfully slow and inefficient. once we landed there at 11:00pm or so and by the time the formalities were done, it was past 3:00am.

i am surprised that this uncle and auntie weren't instructed by their children or whoever else they were visiting about this. why do they make these people carry all that junk, i wonder! if they were just tourists and were carrying these to munch on their trips, they deserved this. on another note, auntieji should try for an oscar.

am reminded of the harbhajan incident.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:11 pm

on another note, since this is a TV show (i have watched bits of it), i do wonder if some of these are staged.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:32 pm

bw wrote:on another note, since this is a TV show (i have watched bits of it), i do wonder if some of these are staged.

I cannot believe why desis, in this day and age, bring food items from India or take things to India. Utter stupidity.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:16 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
b_A wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

just because mathoma's last name is thomas doesnt mean he's related to a certain koithadathil kuruvilla thomas of arlington texas. it could be a common last name like murthy or sharma

or as traditional a name of the lanja kodaka subcashTu as "penius" seetharamayya.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:31 am

Thanks for posting. Real eye opener. Every Indian traveling to other countries should watch it.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:30 am

michelle2 wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
b_A wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

or as traditional a name of the lanja kodaka subcashTu as "penius" seetharamayya.

see ##, ^^, && & $$ below

##hahahaha 

^^ tranny is losing it

&& shehe is upset & angry

$$ is not making sense at all

## lololol

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:40 am

goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

may I remind you that you once claimed falsely that you are a graduate of delhi university, while you only attended st. stephen's college for a year or so, on an exchange program with madras christian college. your degree is from madras university.

What nonsense! I am the one who told you that I went to St. Stevens...

** there is no such college in delhi as st. stevens; it's st. stephens. i find it extremely unlikely that you can't spell the name of a college you claim to have attended. did you lie when you said that you attended st. stephen's college for a few months?

** there's more to come.

... on a cultural exchange program for a few months during my masters at Christian College. I never claimed that I graduated from Delhi University nor do I think it is in any way superior to Madras University. Go correct some spellings and grammar, not revel in rubbish.

see ** above for my response.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:36 pm

michelle2 wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

may I remind you that you once claimed falsely that you are a graduate of delhi university, while you only attended st. stephen's college for a year or so, on an exchange program with madras christian college. your degree is from madras university.

What nonsense! I am the one who told you that I went to St. Stevens...

** there is no such college in delhi as st. stevens; it's st. stephens. i find it extremely unlikely that you can't spell the name of a college you claim to have attended. did you lie when you said that you attended st. stephen's college for a few months?

** there's more to come.

... on a cultural exchange program for a few months during my masters at Christian College. I never claimed that I graduated from Delhi University nor do I think it is in any way superior to Madras University. Go correct some spellings and grammar, not revel in rubbish.

see ** above for my response.

So what? I misspelled. Big fucking deal.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:24 pm

hmm i figured so much.. the apostrophe is missing, in both cases; that's how I know clap

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down