Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

important things in life

+7
Impedimenta
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Maria S
truthbetold
confuzzled dude
Merlot Daruwala
Propagandhi711
11 posters

Go down

important things in life Empty important things in life

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:56 pm

important things in life 3ab6ced0-3ab8-11e4-aa1f-23df14f47235_AP695818860281

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

important things in life Empty Re: important things in life

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:13 am

Very true. Food, water, farmhand and baby - life's complete with these four.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:16 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Very true. Food, water, farmhand and baby - life's complete with these four.

too late in the night to decipher sarcasm but for the kid it's the mother that cares enough to do what she's doing.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:21 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:Very true. Food, water, farmhand and baby - life's complete with these four.

too late in the night to decipher sarcasm but for the kid it's the mother that cares enough to do what she's doing.
Cares enough or left with no choice but bring him to work. I suspect it's the latter.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:36 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:

Oh didn't realize it was your post-drink sensitive side talking. I thought you were celebrating a bent over woman as usual. My bad.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:49 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Cares enough or left with no choice but bring him to work. I suspect it's the latter.
CD

That mother's care is part of nature and nurture for ever. look around. animals do that too.  

Day care is a rather modern invention.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:53 am

Kudos to the mom! She had the baby just a few months ago and she's back to the laborious work already, along with her baby.

PS: The baby is so damn cute!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:54 am

Mr. DUT,

You cared enough to pay attention, pause, ponder and post this pic, and that is important:) 

Both mom and child are fortunate- they have each other..a mother who "made" the choice to carry the child on her back (perhaps felt it's most safe and she can mentally feel free not worrying), and the child who has a caring mom who is physically strong with apparent survival skills!

It is also a short term thing..hopefully the child will take care of the mother..in the long term.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:01 am

10-12-17 years later that boy will be too old to come with her and maybe go to some school. He may do good in school until 8th grade or so, but school would not interest him anymore and he will drop out. She may have to continue working 2-3-4 shifts to bring money home as her husband is now an out-of-work full time alcoholic who beats her up just coz she is beautiful and goes out on her own. Son will resent her being out all day day too and before you know it he is a charsee now. Child labor is not allowed but nearby factories need cheap labor. So he will start working there at 100/day and buy drugs from that. Mother will try to rehabilitate him. Whole family will by keeping him home but he will still find a way to get out for one puff. He refuses to get admitted in rehab; and says that he will leave all that if she quits her jobs and stays home with her all the time, just making her feel guiltier for her actions. We all know this is a lie. But she will do it . So now she is thinking of taking off from work for 2-3 months and take him to her brothers' village where he may work in their farm with them and where these friends and drugs won't be there. Thus she will be sacrificing her own income and the family that's so dependent on her will suffer too. It's still to be known if the boy will come back on line.

That's the story of the help at my rents place. Rich poor or middle class. All parents try to do their best within their means. Biggest pain on earth is to see your baby suffer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:46 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Oh didn't realize it was your post-drink sensitive side talking. I thought you were celebrating a bent over woman as usual. My bad.

I dont got to put my fake sensitive side on display in the hopes of wrangling dates from SUCH aunties when I'm travelling. you know, for some fun on the side.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:50 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:

Of course...He has no eyes for such small niceties. Maualana Gaywala would have gone into silent hiding if this woman had been raped by a Jehadi.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:53 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Of course...He has no eyes for such small niceties.  Maualana Gaywala would have gone into silent hiding if this woman had been raped by a Jehadi.  

aiyoo @ you and MD. just enjoy the simplicity of the picture. it's beautiful. and powerful. look at you both, calling each other names. lets get you two together and feed you some spicy butter chicken, sorta flows well with the book i am reading - the case of the deadly butter chicken.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:50 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:

Of course...He has no eyes for such small niceties.  Maualana Gaywala would have gone into silent hiding if this woman had been raped by a Jehadi.  

ha ha ha..knowing Propa, it ain't no rocket science. with all due respect to her and the baby, this got his attention, I bet, only because she is at least on 3,  if not on all four!

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:35 am

garam_kuta wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

ha ha ha..knowing Propa, it ain't no rocket science. with all due respect to her and the baby, this got his attention, I bet, only because she is at least on 3,  if?not on all four!

You bad bad man. Don't you know, Propa is a sensitive soul these days, admiring babies, championing persecuted minorities across the world and demanding open borders in India? Soon you'll see him at candle-lit vigils etc. He thinks this stands a better chance of bagging some tail than his earlier Bittuesque act. Stop picking on him and wish him well in this new venture.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:32 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

ha ha ha..knowing Propa, it ain't no rocket science. with all due respect to her and the baby, this got his attention, I bet, only because she is at least on 3,  if?not on all four!

You bad bad man. Don't you know, Propa is a sensitive soul these days, admiring babies, championing persecuted minorities across the world and demanding open borders in India? Soon you'll see him at candle-lit vigils etc. He thinks this stands a better chance of bagging some tail than his earlier Bittuesque act. Stop picking on him and wish him well in this new venture.

ha..ha..ha..butt to what end, though? anyways, I wish him wells Wink

mathEnu samAchAra buddhi? yaakae aproopAgogbittidheera?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:58 pm

I thought it was a baby girl.
Looking directly into the camera. Super cute.

I wonder who takes care of orphan babies. Who wakes up at night to feed them clean them etc.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:19 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:10-12-17 years later that boy will be too old to come with her and maybe go to some school. He may do good in school until 8th grade or so, but school would not interest him anymore and he will drop out. She may have to continue working 2-3-4 shifts to bring money home as her husband is now an out-of-work full time alcoholic who beats her up just coz she is beautiful and goes out on her own. Son will resent her being out all day day too and before you know it he is a charsee now. Child labor is not allowed but nearby factories need cheap labor. So he will start working there at 100/day and buy drugs from that. Mother will try to rehabilitate him. Whole family will by keeping him home but he will still find a way to get out for one puff. He refuses to get admitted in rehab; and says that he will leave all that if she quits her jobs and stays home with her all the time, just making her feel guiltier for her actions. We all know this is a lie. But she will do it . So now she is thinking of taking off from work for 2-3 months and take him to her brothers' village where he may work in their farm with them and where these friends and drugs won't be there. Thus she will be sacrificing her own income and the family that's so dependent on her will suffer too. It's still to be known if the boy will come back on line.

That's the story of the help at my rents place. Rich poor or middle class. All parents try to do their best within their means. Biggest pain on earth is to see your baby suffer.
wow, what makes you think the child is going to survive that long? i give this kid 2-3 yrs.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:27 pm

http://www.unicef.org/india/FactsheetMedia(2).pdf

useful factsheet above, hope you guys can open the link. contains info regarding infant mortality rates in india, some improvement apparently and closing of the gap between classes, castes and gender.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:42 pm

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.DYN.MORT

above is the under-5 MR by country. china's numbers are looking sweet, interesting. check out the war-torn nations, they have bad numbers. i suspect their perinatal mortality numbers probably aren't so bad, but due to poor infracstructure and sanitation maybe these kids are succumbing to enteric bacteria or even viruses. and plus they will not have access to basic vaccinations also due to poor shipping, and they probably don't have refrigerators to store the vaccines. they'd probably get ineffective vaccines/meds etc.

but what's the problem with india, man, not like they're war-torn. not to worry, flamman will come up with a list.

anyhow i think it's good to look at this before planning your next vacation.

wonder why the US is lagging behind the UK and others. what data did they use? they probably included a lot of nicu data - American neonatologists are well-trained and probably take on a lot of very sick cases with fatal results.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:03 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:10-12-17 years later that boy will be too old to come with her and maybe go to some school. He may do good in school until 8th grade or so, but school would not interest him anymore and he will drop out. She may have to continue working 2-3-4 shifts to bring money home as her husband is now an out-of-work full time alcoholic who beats her up just coz she is beautiful and goes out on her own. Son will resent her being out all day day too and before you know it he is a charsee now. Child labor is not allowed but nearby factories need cheap labor. So he will start working there at 100/day and buy drugs from that. Mother will try to rehabilitate him. Whole family will by keeping him home but he will still find a way to get out for one puff. He refuses to get admitted in rehab; and says that he will leave all that if she quits her jobs and stays home with her all the time, just making her feel guiltier for her actions. We all know this is a lie. But she will do it . So now she is thinking of taking off from work for 2-3 months and take him to her brothers' village where he may work in their farm with them and where these friends and drugs won't be there. Thus she will be sacrificing her own income and the family that's so dependent on her will suffer too. It's still to be known if the boy will come back on line.

wow, what makes you think the child is going to survive that long? i give this kid 2-3 yrs.

callous!

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:47 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

ha..ha..ha..butt to what end, though? anyways, I wish him wells Wink

mathEnu samAchAra buddhi? yaakae aproopAgogbittidheera?

He is busy at his "regional HQ" in Hubli.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:14 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

I "bagged" more tail than you've had on-the-road dates so dont need to put on an act like your 5 foot nothing self. minddd ittt

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down