Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stupid Cricket rhetoric

2 posters

Go down

Stupid Cricket rhetoric Empty Stupid Cricket rhetoric

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:51 pm

"When you play for India there is a lot of expectation and people expect us to win everything but that's not possible"

"One billion expectations"

"Burdening one billion expectations"

-> Whoever first said the above knows nothing about Indian cricket, a wannabe cricket expert. If anything it's lot lot easier to represent Indian cricket team bcz you won't be reprimanded for poor performances rather will be persisted with for longer periods. After losing 3 tests in succession, where margin of loss is getting worse with each loss, Dhoni has the gall to bring up expectations angle? Have we hit rock bottom yet or we will reach new lows in 4th test.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Stupid Cricket rhetoric Empty Re: Stupid Cricket rhetoric

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:36 pm

All will be well soon - the Championship League involving the hit-and-giggle heroes will be on soon and this series will be blissfully forgotten. There must be some home series after that, I guess, that we will win easily.

Dhoni gives weird interviews - he gets asked one thing but goes on about something else. For instance, he was asked yesterday what the Indian team's plan was for the second innings. He went on and on about how the bowlers couldn't contain the batsman.

Oh well. I will check back on Indian Cricket after 5 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:43 pm

I am not so sure we have to be down on India so much. For every foreign tour, there is an India tour. The flat track bullies will come to life and score many hundreds. However, Indian bowling has been a problem for a long time and it has degenerated to not even test class. I am not sure that problem can be cured by Indian conditions. (fact is Indian fast bowlers have been more successful on foreign soil in helpful conditions).

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:04 am

truthbetold wrote:I am not so sure we have to be down on India so much. For every foreign tour, there is an India tour. The flat track bullies will come to life and score many hundreds. However, Indian bowling has been a problem for a long time and it has degenerated to not even test class. I am not sure that problem can be cured by Indian conditions. (fact is Indian fast bowlers have been more successful on foreign soil in helpful conditions).

Because I can't remember when was the last time we lost this badly, 3 tests in a row, performance getting worse by each encounter. Is this the weakest bowling attack in recent memory, probably not, but our performance makes us believe us that it is. This is worst series loss since we suffered 0-2 drubbing in NZ '02/'03, where our batters averaged in single digits.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:02 am

blabberwock wrote:
Dhoni gives weird interviews - he gets asked one thing but goes on about something else. For instance, he was asked yesterday what the Indian team's plan was for the second innings. He went on and on about how the bowlers couldn't contain the batsman.

LOL I guess he meant NO PLAN.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down