Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drunk man survives in tiger enclosure with 2 tigers

Go down

Drunk man survives in tiger enclosure with 2 tigers Empty Drunk man survives in tiger enclosure with 2 tigers

Post by indophile Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:52 pm

If just a bottle of beer could pump in so much recklessness in one.......

indophile

Back to top Go down

Drunk man survives in tiger enclosure with 2 tigers Empty Re: Drunk man survives in tiger enclosure with 2 tigers

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:26 am

crazy

Back to top Go down

Drunk man survives in tiger enclosure with 2 tigers Empty Re: Drunk man survives in tiger enclosure with 2 tigers

Post by indophile Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:19 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:crazy

He must be just confused and disoriented. I hear Urdu in the background, or am I wrong and it's really Punjabi.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:20 am

I didn't hear it well. I did a general search on youtube and looks like this happened in Gwalior zoo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:26 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:I didn't hear it well. I did a general search on youtube and looks like this happened in Gwalior zoo.

edit - heard it again. sounds like MPite Hindi, even though Gwalior is more Delhi influenced.

"ye aadmi hai kone hai yaar"

MPites have trouble saying the long vowels correctly, meaning they don't. So they will say Kaun as kone, Hain as hey, aur as ore, and so on.

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:14 am

Gwalior is the place where the Kohinoor diamond went to Babar and the Mughals (It was originally snatched from Warangal (in now Telangana) by Allauddin Khilji, and somehow got back to the Gwalior kings). 

Gwalior is the place that Aurangzab imprisoned his last brother Murad and slow poisoned him.

Gwalior and the kingdom surrounding its were a gift to the Shindes by Shivaji's family. Shindes were considered a little inferior by Nepali kings. That led to the massacre of the Nepali king's family by his own son. The son fell in love with a Gwalior princess, and his family disapproved that alliance.

It was from the Gwalior fort ramparts that Jhansi-ki-Rani Lakshmibai directed her last battle against the British.

Gwalior fort witnessed many hangings by the British after the 1857 War of Independence (which is also called Sepoy Mutiny).

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:14 am

Gwalior is the place where the Kohinoor diamond went to Babar and the Mughals (It was originally snatched from Warangal (in now Telangana) by Allauddin Khilji, and somehow got back to the Gwalior kings). 

Gwalior is the place that Aurangzab imprisoned his last brother Murad and slow poisoned him.

Gwalior and the kingdom surrounding its were a gift to the Shindes by Shivaji's family. Shindes were considered a little inferior by Nepali kings. That led to the massacre of the Nepali king's family by his own son. The son fell in love with a Gwalior princess, and his family disapproved that alliance.

It was from the Gwalior fort ramparts that Jhansi-ki-Rani Lakshmibai directed her last battle against the British.

Gwalior fort witnessed many hangings by the British after the 1857 War of Independence (which is also called Sepoy Mutiny).

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:34 pm

Shinde family? How did it change to Sindhiya?

a set of cousins is from Gwalior.

edit: also are you talking of the massacre that happened in 2001 or so? the girl was related to vijyaraje sindhiya, but not exactly from Gwalior royal family.

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:49 pm

Yes, Shinde ended up as Sindhiya of Gwalior. Shivaji's empire was split into 5 pieces - Sindhia of Gwalior, Holkar of Indore, Gaekwad of Baroda, and a couple more (I don't remember the names).

I checked with wiki about what I thought I read 12 years ago about the Nepali royal family massacre. It seems what I said is accurate.

"Also, the fact that Devyani Rana's mother, Usharaje Scindia was of Gwalior royal lineage, wasn't considered impressive by the Nepal royal family"

That is because Nepali royal family was of the Sisodia clan (same as Rana Pratap) which is the most respected clan among Rajputs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepalese_royal_massacre

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:02 pm

Ah ok. Guess I remembered it wrong then. I think vijaya rahe scindia herself had Nepali roots.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down