Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

in support of anna hazare

+9
MaxEntropy_Man
Miss.Blah
artood2
truthbetold
.|Sublime|.
Merlot Daruwala
SomeProfile
charvaka
Another Brick
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

in support of anna hazare Empty in support of anna hazare

Post by Another Brick Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:25 am

no sh!t. all facts.

how some people want to feel good about themselves and achieve that (false) sense of accomplishment -

1) a few people in my ORG are not having their lunch today. and they have vowed not to eat anything but fruits to keep their engine running for as long as hazare is in custody.

2) hahahaha, excuse me, hahaha, some people, hahaha, are turning off the lights between 8 PM and 9 PM tonight. hahaha. priceless.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

in support of anna hazare Empty Re: in support of anna hazare

Post by charvaka Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:27 am

lol!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:34 am

yessir! it is all happening out here. now some people are talking of a bike-march (as if the traffic situation in this part of the city is not bad enough).

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:40 am

At least bike march is a lot better than "I will forgo lunch and eat fruits only" and "I will turn off lights for one hour."
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:56 am

Hope some enterprising young females will do a shameless parade, for reals this time.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:58 am

SomeProfile wrote:Hope some enterprising young females will do a shameless parade, for reals this time.

yes, i hope they take inspiration from poonam pandey and then act on it. stripping our clothes in support of anna - winner. govt can't look away then, can they?

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:04 am

Another Brick wrote:
SomeProfile wrote:Hope some enterprising young females will do a shameless parade, for reals this time.

yes, i hope they take inspiration from poonam pandey and then act on it. stripping our clothes in support of anna - winner. govt can't look away then, can they?
in support of anna hazare 3077217049
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:34 am

charvaka wrote:
Another Brick wrote:

in support of anna hazare 3077217049

Glad to see you regain your sense of humor. I thought all that light-hearted haha-ing by AB at all those earnest young men and women expressing solidarity with His Holiness Hazareji following his arrest and ongoing fast in police custory would have provoked similar levels of moral outrage and fury as last time...
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:36 am

i do not understand the humor here - maybe it is because of idealism.
they are trying to sustain a movement that hazare started. the educated class in the country needs to stand up and make noise about corruption. the problem is that living in india makes one jaded and cynical.

i would like to see jayaprakash narayan of lok satta party take a more vocal stand in this whole issue. he is charismatic and if he can make a difference that would be a big boost to the cause.

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:49 pm

Anna Hazare movement seems to have sparked some protions of Indian middle class and netizens. Good. World is also paying attention in view of Arab spring and India's reputation of being a highly corrupt nation.

Is Anna the answer to Indian's determined political class? Evidence does not seem to show that. But the impressive thing about Anna's stand up is his courage to speak against the national govt without a real party apparatus or major organization behind him. No lumpen element to throw stones at slightest provocation.

Congress's unimaginative anti democratic reaction only fuels people's anger.
Anna can take this movement forward if he changes tactics. He should take the action from Delhi and take it to the people. he can arrange a major demonstration in each major city (say one a week). people should be encouraged to protest in novel, non violent ways(Bike rides, light off, wearing a certain color etc.) and should be asked to involve women and children. If he remains focused on Delhi, his movement will die over a period of time. He may do better than Ramdev. But he should learn from Jai Prakash Narayan of 1970s.

Go Anna.

Last edited by truthbetold on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added missing words.)

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:22 pm

truthbetold wrote:Anna can take this movement forward if he changes tactics. He should take the action from Delhi and take it to the people. he can arrange a major demonstration in each major city (say one a week). people should be encouraged to protest in novel, non violent ways(Bike rides, light off, wearing a certain color etc.) and should be asked to involve women and children. If he remains focused on Delhi, his movement will die over a period of time.

at this point, i think it is correct to focus on Delhi - people are watching the govt bungle their way through this mess they created. anna's master stroke was refusing to come out of tihar jail. if he had agreed, the govt could very well have put him on a plane and sent him away from delhi. people are questioning the govt - why was he arrested in the morning and what had changed in the situation that the govt wanted him released in the evening?

judging by the reaction seen across the country after his arrest,
awareness to respond is definitely there and people are definitely engaged. the question now is to see if
the movement has enough steam to sustain itself over the long term. this
will be a long fight and the educated have to continue to stand up and
fight. when one person fasts or turns off the lights for an hour it
seems like a joke - but these small steps can make a big difference when
whole cities engage in non violent means of protest.

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:40 pm

.|Sublime|. wrote:at this point, i think it is correct to focus on Delhi - people are watching the govt bungle their way through this mess they created.
I agree with you. Hazare has done well to stay put. It is telling that even the usual defenders of police excesses are not arguing that Hazare's arrest was the right thing to do.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:00 pm

Charvaka/Sublime,

I am glad to hear that Anna's movement is generating much public support. Indian TV suggest the same.

Since Anna has started this fast at Delhi, I am with you on staying put in Delhi.
I am talking about the long term issue of sustaining the movement.

Corruption is not making any retreat any time soon. Congress is corrupt to its core and it cannot get away from it even if it tries. It will divert, obfuscate, lie and threaten to wiggle out these difficult corners. Congress cannot and willnot pass a lok bill of any consequence. How can you ask the culprit to give his right to self defence? The fight is not against some unknown entity. The fight against corruption is a fight against congress.

So Anna needs to sustain the movement beyond the immediate failure on Lok Pal Bill. He needs to go to different parts of the nation and encourage people's participation. He needs to build nation wide awareness on the need to act on corruption. Jai Prakash Narayan did it in 1970s with very poor health. Anna could reignite that fire.

Action is better than words. Large sections of masses can only participate for limited time and in limited action. So various forms of protest should be followed to get people to act and to widen the movement. If you read the Independence struggle, Gandhi always favored simple non voilent ways because they allow wider participation for long periods of time.

Truth is on Anna's side. If he can rally the masses, Indian spring may come in fall.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:07 pm

The fight is not against Congress. It is about accountability of the executive/judiciary. Other parties are also involved in corruption and one of the reasons for so much support for Anna is that people view him as being dissociated from the political clan.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:22 pm

artood2 wrote:The fight is not against Congress. It is about accountability of the executive/judiciary. Other parties are also involved in corruption and one of the reasons for so much support for Anna is that people view him as being dissociated from the political clan.

The fight is against congress. It ruled the nation for 60 years. Congress represents all the other major parties including BJP. RJD and Mulayam, Mayawati , Karunanidhi are solidly behind congress. Parties like TDP are mirror reflections of Congress just with a different personality running the show. Congress as the ruler of the nation for 60 years takes the cake and represents the entire political class. That is why Anna Hazare's movement is not for winning elections but to change the nation dynamics. Jai Prakash Narayan's movement created viable opposition to congress in 1970. Now Anna's movement has to give voice to people by bending the elected representatives will to create a strong anti corruption bill. One can only hope it will produce some changes to Indian political dynamics.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:28 pm

Congress does not represent all major parties and it is not responsible for their scams (heck it has plenty of scams of its own). It is not responsible for Madhu Koda, Lalit Modi, JJ, Mayawati or Kanimozhi. The idea is to have accountability for people in power and it may be cong, bjp or any other party. Once you make it a partywise battle it will fizzle out quickly.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:47 pm

artood2 wrote:Congress does not represent all major parties and it is not responsible for their scams (heck it has plenty of scams of its own). It is not responsible for Madhu Koda, Lalit Modi, JJ, Mayawati or Kanimozhi. The idea is to have accountability for people in power and it may be cong, bjp or any other party. Once you make it a partywise battle it will fizzle out quickly.

agree completely. fight is not just with the congress. it is politically advantageous for the BJP and other parties to protest anna hazare's arrest now because they can then say that congress is for corruption. of course the BJP can now say that after they forced yeddyurapa to resign, they are no longer corrupt.

btw r2d2, how come you know so much about indian politics? do you live in india? not explicit but near?

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:03 pm

.|Sublime|. wrote:
btw r2d2, how come you know so much about indian politics? do you live in india? not explicit but near?

Well the point in argument is not about Indian politics but about accountability of politicians. And as a great personality recently said being outside of my country gives me an acute sense of behavior pattern that I had taken for granted. (not there but close?)
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:11 pm

.|Sublime|. wrote:
artood2 wrote:Congress does not represent all major parties and it is not responsible for their scams (heck it has plenty of scams of its own). It is not responsible for Madhu Koda, Lalit Modi, JJ, Mayawati or Kanimozhi. The idea is to have accountability for people in power and it may be cong, bjp or any other party. Once you make it a partywise battle it will fizzle out quickly.

agree completely. fight is not just with the congress. it is politically advantageous for the BJP and other parties to protest anna hazare's arrest now because they can then say that congress is for corruption. of course the BJP can now say that after they forced yeddyurapa to resign, they are no longer corrupt.

well to answer your question honestly, i have no interests in sports, arts or other usual stuff so I pretty much used to read political news for amusement. But again, I read and I know. I do not feel it. Being cynical and jaded and is feeling it. or may be it is just sille's math and I got a 12.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:19 am

artood2 wrote:The fight is not against Congress. It is about accountability of the executive/judiciary. Other parties are also involved in corruption and one of the reasons for so much support for Anna is that people view him as being dissociated from the political clan.
Accountability is the key concept. I don't think Hazare's campaign is or ought to be against just the Congress party. Had the BJP been in power right now, I would be worried about the corruption of that party. Take that systemic lack of accountability, and combine it with the shameless and hamfisted political tactics of Congress -- be it in the midnight lathi-charge or the arrest of Hazare -- and you risk generating widespread disaffection with the system. Whenever the government of a democracy suppresses unarmed peaceful protests and gets away with it, it is bad for the future of democracy in the country.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:22 am

so the govt. does a flip flop on anna hazare, he he. first the stick, now the carrot and perhaps a stick again later and more carrots.

edit. i'm referring to the latest development, namely that anna has been given permission to fast in jp park.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss.Blah Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:09 pm

Another Brick wrote:no sh!t. all facts.

how some people want to feel good about themselves and achieve that (false) sense of accomplishment -

1) a few people in my ORG are not having their lunch today. and they have vowed not to eat anything but fruits to keep their engine running for as long as hazare is in custody.

2) hahahaha, excuse me, hahaha, some people, hahaha, are turning off the lights between 8 PM and 9 PM tonight. hahaha. priceless.

LOL

Miss.Blah

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:20 am

some slogans inspired by the latest bollywood hits -

rahul kare to raas-leela
anna kare to character dheela?

ek anna singham
baaki saare chewing gum

congress badnaam huwi
anna tere liye

lage raho anna bhai

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:29 am

latest ROFLOL!!age material -

"(sic)" applies to the entire passage.

"I've planned for a "swipe bhrashtachar off india by swiping plastic off xyz hill. this is my way of supporting hazare. come with candles, protest peacefully before cleaning up the hill. i need 1 hour of your time. you need a broom and a dustbin. LETS's DO IT!!"

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:02 am

ha ha ha. this beats this effort pants down: link

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:08 am

Another Brick wrote:latest ROFLOL!!age material -

"I've planned for a "swipe bhrashtachar off india by swiping plastic off xyz hill. this is my way of supporting hazare. come with candles, protest peacefully before cleaning up the hill. i need 1 hour of your time. you need a broom and a dustbin. LETS's DO IT!!"

Candles again!! So they plan to start "swiping" plastic off xyz hill after a candle-lit protest, in the dark??

Ah, these bright sparks of young urban India, they bring tears to my eyes. If only IQ was a measure of earnestness alone, these guys would be geniuses.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:10 am

what's with these models and their readiness to undo their clothing? zundos, all of them.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:12 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Another Brick wrote:latest ROFLOL!!age material -

Candles again!! So they plan to start "swiping" plastic off xyz hill after a candle-lit protest, in the dark??

Ah, these bright sparks of young urban India, they bring tears to my eyes. If only IQ was a measure of earnestness alone, these guys would be geniuses.

sir, don't ask tough questions. these people mean business. protest means candles. darkness or not. protest without candles is like samosa without aloo. you light a candle. you protest. you clean up the hill. you have done your part. you are happy. you are happy X 2 if the local daily gives you a column.

Edit - BTW, i am not making these up. there is an online forum on our intranet site where people discuss various topics. i find such gems there. this one was posted in the morning. current status : the OP is disappointed that only five people responded to her.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:20 am

Another Brick wrote:what's with these models and their readiness to undo their clothing? zundos, all of them.

Zundos or not, more stripping is good. Clothes are a symbol of the corruption of our innocence - we need to go back to our uncorrupted past.

Btw, if she's promising to strip if the Govt doesn't accept Anna's demands, doesn't that make her anti-Anna?? If Dolly Bindra had said the same, such a threat would have made her pro-Anna.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:23 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Btw, if she's promising to strip if the Govt doesn't accept Anna's demands, doesn't that make her anti-Anna?? If Dolly Bindra had said the same, such a threat would have made her pro-Anna.

hahaha. true. can't imagine sibal, PC et al. facing that.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:19 am

C.R. Rajendran, a resident of Kottayam, Kerala, has started a fast on a 24-feet-tall coconut tree in support of Mr. Hazare. Mr. Rajendran, who sits on two planks of wood under an umbrella, has refused to break his fast before Anna Hazare breaks his fast.

http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2011/08/25/the-weird-and-wonderful-ways-to-support-hazare/

comments on this blog should entertain me tomorrow.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:27 am

haha..these coconut tree dwellers crack me up.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:34 am

i am undoing top two buttons of my shirt and closing my left eye shut while driving back home - in support of hazare.

MD, HK, Rekz, Nutmeg and other RIs, it's time you lent your support to this cause. WAKE UP! GO ANNA!

Last edited by Another Brick on Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:35 am

thanks for posting. there is also a bhishma pitamaha amongst the protestors it seems.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:41 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:thanks for posting. there is also a bhishma pitamaha amongst the protestors it seems.

good for mr bhishma genX ji. his pic made it to WSJ. rajendran gave no such opportunity to WSJ photographer from 24 ft above.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:41 am

Another Brick wrote:i am undoing top two buttons of my shirt and closing my left eye shut while driving back home - in support of hazare.

MD, HK, Rekz, Nutmeg and other RIs, it's time you lent your support to this cause. WAKE UP! GO ANNA!

Sir, I'll have you know that I'm already a moral crusader by my own right. I've decided to launch a crusade against the rampant use of high-beam lights by drivers on the other side of the road, despite existing laws which I have concluded are toothless.

I've decided that this illegality is the MOST important issue for India today, and my demand is that the Government immediately tables an amended version of the Motor Vehicles Act in Parliament that will give significant enforcement powers to the RTO to prosecute the miscreants.

Given below are the key points of MY amended Motor Vehicles Act:

1. The amendment will create a new constitutional authority called Central Transport Officer (CTO) who will oversee the Regional Transport Offices
  2. The CTO will be given whatever resources he needs in terms of manpower and budget to equip his offices with the technology needed to track down and prosecute law-breakers
  3. Only people of the highest integrity, who have never ever driven on high-beam, can be appointed to the post of CTO. He or she is not answerable to anyone except the President of India.
  4. The CTO will have authority to prosecute anybody - be it a SC judge or the Prime Minister - who drives with the headlights on high beam
  5. The CTO can hand down punishment up to ten years of rigorous punishment for egregious misuse of the high beam. This sentence cannot be reviewed or reduced by any other court.

The new India which will emerge as a consequence of implementing my law, will not tolerate the tyranny of high-beams. The next time you get blinded by a high-beam, you can just dial 102 you'll immediately see an RTO helicopter rush to the spot using your GPS coordinates and pick up the miscreant and throw him or her in prison without bail.

Friends, this is the third freedom struggle. If the Government refuses to table my amendment by Monday, I plan on launching an indefinite feast in support of my demands during which I'll pig out on every meal until my demands are met.

But my sacrifice will be in vain without your participation in this struggle. I appeal to you all to join hands and take the protest to the doorsteps of your MPs, pigging out on heaps of chicken biryani in front of their homes until they realize the duty the owe to you, the citizenry and to me, your humble moral crusader, and agree to support my amendment. Together, we can make our feast bring about change in our country.

Everyone repeat after me, Merlot is India, India is Merlot. Bon Appetit.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:52 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Sir, I'll have you know that I'm already a moral crusader by my own right. I've decided to launch a crusade against the rampant use of high-beam lights by drivers on the other side of the road, despite existing laws which I have concluded are toothless.

Friends, this is the third freedom struggle. If the Government refuses to table my amendment by Monday, I plan on launching an indefinite feast in support of my demands during which I'll pig out on every meal until my demands are met.

hahaha. most commendable. i know i will benefit from this crusade for i always get mad when i see high beam on. i shall lend you my total support by wearing a brown shoe on my left foot and black on my right. i will up the ante in coming weeks by suspending my wrist by a thread around my neck.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:05 am

Another Brick wrote:i will up the ante in coming weeks by suspending my wrist by a thread around my neck.

And let's fox the cops by spreading word through FB and Twitter so thousands of people start gathering at the highway outside Hinjewadi with their wrist suspended by a thread around their necks (and holding lit up candles with their free hand). We'll show them what the masses can achieve when we set our minds on bringing about change.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:06 am

sonia to manmohan - anna anshan khatam karne ka kya lega?
manmohan - tumhari aage se aur meri piche se lega
sonia - thik hai, anna ko bulao.
manmohan - ghanta thik hai. poora desh bol raha hai -- MAIN ANNA HUN.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:09 am

Lastly, I challenge all those cynics who drive around with high-beams, who keep putting forth lame anti-Merlot arguments on various internet boards including SUCH and explain why they are against India and are trying to subvert the will of the Indian people.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:17 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Another Brick wrote:i am undoing top two buttons of my shirt and closing my left eye shut while driving back home - in support of hazare.

I've decided that this illegality is the MOST important issue for India today, and my demand is that the Government immediately tables an amended version of the Motor Vehicles Act in Parliament that will give significant enforcement powers to the RTO to prosecute the miscreants.

Given below are the key points of MY amended Motor Vehicles Act:

1. The amendment will create a new constitutional authority called Central Transport Officer (CTO) who will oversee the Regional Transport Offices
  2. The CTO will be given whatever resources he needs in terms of manpower and budget to equip his offices with the technology needed to track down and prosecute law-breakers
  3. Only people of the highest integrity, who have never ever driven on high-beam, can be appointed to the post of CTO. He or she is not answerable to anyone except the President of India.
  4. The CTO will have authority to prosecute anybody - be it a SC judge or the Prime Minister - who drives with the headlights on high beam
  5. The CTO can hand down punishment up to ten years of rigorous punishment for egregious misuse of the high beam. This sentence cannot be reviewed or reduced by any other court.

The new India which will emerge as a consequence of implementing my law, will not tolerate the tyranny of high-beams. The next time you get blinded by a high-beam, you can just dial 102 you'll immediately see an RTO helicopter rush to the spot using your GPS coordinates and pick up the miscreant and throw him or her in prison without bail.

But my sacrifice will be in vain without your participation in this struggle. I appeal to you all to join hands and take the protest to the doorsteps of your MPs, pigging out on heaps of chicken biryani in front of their homes until they realize the duty the owe to you, the citizenry and to me, your humble moral crusader, and agree to support my amendment. Together, we can make our feast bring about change in our country.

Everyone repeat after me, Merlot is India, India is Merlot. Bon Appetit.

We all know that Merlot drinks alcohol. He also eats meat. Therefore his moral character is in question. How can he lead a crusade against high beams when, as I already said, his moral character is in question?

We also know that one day during his high school years, Merlot rode in a bus which had its high beams on throughout the time Merlot was on the bus. Merlot did not say anything to the driver. This shows that Merlot does not really care about high beams, and he has no right to talk about other people who drive with high beams.

I think the BJP, RSS and the USA are behind Merlot in his agitation against high beams. Communal Harmony must be protected, and Foreign Hand be avoided.

Finally, eminent hockey player Dhanraj Pillay claims that some of Merlot's supporters heckled him when he was driving with high beams. Pillay says this is fascist. Pillay tweeted that high beams are there for a purpose. Also, note that Pillay is of Tamil extraction, so any Tamilians who speak in favor of Merlot, stop right now.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:32 am

also mahesh bhatt, senthil the waiter who brought me my uthappa in the udipi restaurant near the vellore bus stand, and krishnan sundaram who was one of the students who listened to my seminar at bharathidasan university, actor dharmendra, jayalalitha, and dearest malini ammAL all said merlot of questionable moral character. so he cannot lead this movement.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:36 am

you guys laughed and were in approval when merlot wrote about food but you are now heckling him. this must be the new charvako-Entropy method I've been hearing about on this other, competing forum that doesnt reprogram toasters and such.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:30 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Lastly, I challenge all those cynics who drive around with high-beams, who keep putting forth lame anti-Merlot arguments on various internet boards including SUCH and explain why they are against India and are trying to subvert the will of the Indian people.

A bunch of us have decided to drive our cars for an hour tonight without any headlights on, just to show our solidarity to your cause. After that, we will gorge on sattu paratha and lasoda chutney all night long. (yeah, we kidnapped HK's cook).

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:12 am

LOL @ dhanraj pillay, senthil the waiter (at komala bhavan?) and MAIN ANNA HOON joke. good laughs in the morning.

on a related note, here's sreesanth (indian bowler) in support of hazare. taken from Faking News.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
London, UK - Indian fast bowler Sreesanth has extended his unconditional support to Anna Hazare in his fight to get the Jan Lokpal Bill passed by the parliament. On lines of Anna’s ongoing indefinite fast, Sreesanth has announced “indefinite bowling”, where he will bowl relentlessly and selflessly, without caring to take wickets, till his “health permits”.
“I had given eight days to my country the day Anna asked us to do so. It’s just the third day today, which means The Oval test, if it lasts full five days, falls completely under this protest period,” Sreesanth told Faking News.

I will be bowling to remove corruption, not any English batsman. Taking wickets is a selfish goal aimed at improving personal records, I’d be bowling for a bigger cause,” Sreesanth explained his plan of action and hoped that he would get support from the aam aadmi.

Sreesanth claimed that he had the passion as well as the stamina to go on this “indefinite bowling” in support of eradicating corruption from public life. It should be noted that Sreesanth had bowled 36 overs all by himself in the third test match against England at Birmingham without taking any wickets.
It’s not yet clear if Sreesanth is acting independently or he has the support of the rest of the team.

“I am sure other bowlers will join me in indefinite bowling,” Sree expressed hope, “But I’m not too sure about the batsmen if they would join the protests by going on an indefinite batting drive.

When asked if he favored bringing BCCI and IPL under the Jan Lokpal’s office, Sreesanth said, “Jai Hind!”

Unconfirmed sources inform that Navjot Singh Siddhu too had expressed desire to go on “indefinite commentary”, but was denied permission by the government as it could cause civil unrest in the country.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:45 am

blabberwock wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:Lastly, I challenge all those cynics who drive around with high-beams, who keep putting forth lame anti-Merlot arguments on various internet boards including SUCH and explain why they are against India and are trying to subvert the will of the Indian people.

A bunch of us have decided to drive our cars for an hour tonight without any headlights on, just to show our solidarity to your cause. After that, we will gorge on sattu paratha and lasoda chutney all night long. (yeah, we kidnapped HK's cook).

>>> One hour is not enough. I am thinking anytime I step out tomorrow (between 6 pm to 6 am India time of course, to show solidarity), I will brave the elements with no headlights on.

Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:52 am

In support of Anna Hazare, one nutcase threatened to jump to death and held up traffic in OMR a couple of days back and was the laughing stock for the radio FM shows in Chennai.

looks like some groups claimed to go nude. Hopefully India starts winning in one day cricket and this tamasha comes to end. Last time this went on from the end of world cup to the start of IPL.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:08 am

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:In support of Anna Hazare, one nutcase threatened to jump to death and held up traffic in OMR a couple of days back and was the laughing stock for the radio FM shows in Chennai.

Sir, you're too cynical. Suicide by jumping is a time-honored technique of emotional blackmail dating back to Sholay, similar to fasting but much better suited for those in a hurry.

It is utterly wrong of those people struck in the traffic jam to begrudge those few extra moments of their (anyway worthless) time spent on the street when a profound national change is taking place right in front of their eyes. By laughing and denigrating the efforts of the protester, you and those radio jockeys have betrayed your anti-India, anti-people sentiments.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:10 am

PS: From your anti-people statements, we conclude that you are a supporter of corruption and a supporter of the Congress government.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:25 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Agent, promise me you will go easy on lady drivers or else i'll take back my support to your crusade.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next