Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Karan Thapar offers some tips on clothing and mannerisms to Narendra Modi

2 posters

Go down

Karan Thapar offers some tips on clothing and mannerisms to Narendra Modi Empty Karan Thapar offers some tips on clothing and mannerisms to Narendra Modi

Post by Guest Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:16 pm

So maybe he’ll accept with good grace the few tips I wish to offer. First, I like a PM who’s conscious of his appearance and keen to show himself off at his best. In fact, I’m a bit of a peacock myself. If I could, I too would change my clothes several times a day. Those are plus points for me. But brown is not a colour Mr Modi should wear on formal occasions.
Charcoal-grey and navy blue suits or black — though it’s a bit stark — are always preferable. If you want a touch of colour bring it out with your tie or the handkerchief in your breast pocket. Brown suits are for Sundays or lunches in the country.
There is, however, a deeper reason for avoiding brown. It doesn’t suit our complexion. Brown on brown looks dull, if not dreadful. If he thinks about this, Mr Modi will surely agree.
My other tip is to do with Mr Modi’s rhetoric. I hesitate to fault a man whose choice of words is captivating but there’s a turn of phrase he must cease using before it becomes irritating and off-putting.
Mr Modi must stop calling himself a chhota aadmi. He may have been one once but no longer. Today repetition of that phrase sounds like false humility.
Joking about chaiwallahs is a different matter. But, hereafter, let others speak of his lowly origins. The man at the top of the pole can’t claim to be small and insignificant.
The Modi-era has undoubtedly begun. It could easily stretch into a decade. Bright pastel-coloured Nehru jackets — oops, maybe that’s not what he calls them! — and enthralling speeches — are the promise we look forward to. I hope Mr Modi won’t let brown suits and misplaced humility spoil it for us.

- See more at: http://www.hindustantimes.com/comment/karanthapar/time-to-ditch-the-brown-suits-and-annoying-humility/article1-1271748.aspx#sthash.44Np6A8e.dpuf

Back to top Go down

Karan Thapar offers some tips on clothing and mannerisms to Narendra Modi Empty Re: Karan Thapar offers some tips on clothing and mannerisms to Narendra Modi

Post by southindian Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:29 pm

Okay.

You admire Modi more than anyone on this forum. Forward this article to Modi's inbox.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Karan Thapar offers some tips on clothing and mannerisms to Narendra Modi Empty Re: Karan Thapar offers some tips on clothing and mannerisms to Narendra Modi

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:40 pm

Should Modi have shaved his beard completely during the last U.N. / U.S. trip, considering the partially cut beard gave him the look of many MiddleEastern / Muslim leaders (men)?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down