Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gov Rick perry

4 posters

Go down

Gov Rick perry Empty Gov Rick perry

Post by Impedimenta Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:14 am

Ok, i've been hearing this non stop on NPR and other news channels as well. perry's claim to have created an economic boom in texas has been torn to shred by skeptics who blame the energy boom rather than his leadership

but from the article in nytimes[paid, hence no link here] it seems that Perry's job creation was because of the economic boom, almost solely. And I basically don't think Perry is as great as a candidate as some others think. But I also think that if obama is going to tout job creation, then Obama's numbers are largely fake, because most of his jobs came about because of the energy boom as well...and NOT just in Texas. So the stimulus didn't create 2 million jobs...the economic boom did. That would imply that the stimulus DIDN'T work. Again in these political debates, logically you have to choose one argument and stick with it. going back and forth means you are not making a logical one, but only a political one which is the case with either of the parties.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Gov Rick perry Empty Re: Gov Rick perry

Post by .|Sublime|. Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:25 am

Impedimenta wrote:but from the article in nytimes[paid, hence no link here] it seems that Perry's job creation was because of the economic boom, almost solely.

Perry rides an energy boom

nytimes is no longer a paid website.

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:50 am

rick perry is a first class faker with some supposed business acumen. you should see his sudden faking of religious beliefs to get bush's evangelical votes. bush is a likable, largely sincere guy, unlike perry. but I would take him in a heart beat if the choice is between perry and nutty bacchman/palin or that crazy black guy. the mormon will not get past the primaries so he's out...

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:07 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:rick perry is a first class faker with some supposed business acumen. you should see his sudden faking of religious beliefs to get bush's evangelical votes. bush is a likable, largely sincere guy, unlike perry. but I would take him in a heart beat if the choice is between perry and nutty bacchman/palin or that crazy black guy. the mormon will not get past the primaries so he's out...

Perry already backtracked on his HPV vaccine for girls to get the votes of Palinists and Churchers. His economic boom was as much due to the oil boom as the Texas economic bust in the 90s - remember everything jobs, real estate, and business crashing around Houston and Dallas with oil $7 /barrel?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:47 am

truly a LOL moment...

“I got tickled by watching Governor Perry announce for governor, for president. He’s a good looking rascal.” — Bill Clinton, talking about Rick Perry this morning at a firefighters’ conference.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down