Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That first smell...

+2
Kris
confuzzled dude
6 posters

Go down

That first smell... Empty That first smell...

Post by Guest Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:56 am

Of turning the heat on.

Back to top Go down

That first smell... Empty Re: That first smell...

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:15 am

in car or home?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:57 am

home. kicked it off this morning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:08 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:home. kicked it off this morning.

>>>Only now? I had to leave the windows open last night. The air conditioner is not able to keep up. We have 90 degree weather the last couple of days. Doesn't look like it is much better today

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:01 am

Isn't it too early? It is true that it is already cold here in NE. I generally hold off till max/min records below 65/50 for 3 continuous days before turning heat ON. Helps us acclimatize too.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:02 am

smArtha wrote:

Isn't it too early? It is true that it is already cold here in NE. I generally hold off till max/min records below 65/50 for 3 continuous days before turning heat ON. Helps us acclimatize too.

Was 46-48 this morning. Funnily I turned it on after kids had left for school. Basically, I had slept at 3 am, and was in general in a crappy mood. Heating felt good to the aging bones Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:12 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

Was 46-48 this morning. Funnily I turned it on after kids had left for school. Basically, I had slept at 3 am, and was in general in a crappy mood. Heating felt good to the aging bones Smile

Of what use is the thick skin and fat if they cannot shield the aging bones? Surprised

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:28 am

smArtha wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

Of what use is the thick skin and fat if they cannot shield the aging bones? Surprised

Thick skin? What's that supposed to mean?

Anyway, I mostly feel cold in my arms (and fingers), feet and nose, and neck sometimes. Not much fat there, most days. I wear a hoodie almost thru year when indoors, and also keep my feet covered when at home, either inside a blanket (making a pocket around my feet) or socks. Didn't have socks on today, and didn't want to get inside a blanket as I feared I would sleep again.

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:49 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
smArtha wrote:

Look up 'thick-skinned' to get the pun

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:51 am

smArtha wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
smArtha wrote:

Look up 'thick-skinned' to get the pun

I know what it means. Wanted to clarify it with you.

aside. are you desichatter urf harharmahadev?

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:55 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

I know what it means. Wanted to clarify it with you.

aside. are you desichatter urf harharmahadev?

I was myself before I turned smArtha and intend to be just that.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:28 pm

when we are by ourselves, i rule the thermostat like hitler. nobody turns the thermostat on until temps go below 65 F inside the house. put on a sweater, we live in new england. but have had to make some concessions when old folks are visiting. so it went on last week.

older folks and i are at extreme ends of the thermal comfort spectrum. i like it nice and chilly, they like it hot and toasty.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:31 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:when we are by ourselves, i rule the thermostat like hitler. nobody turns the thermostat on until temps go below 65 F inside the house. put on a sweater, we live in new england. but have had to make some concessions when old folks are visiting. so it went on last week.

older folks and i are at extreme ends of the thermal comfort spectrum. i like it nice and chilly, they like it hot and toasty.

I did not know that Mylapore Mama was an MCP.....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:33 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:when we are by ourselves, i rule the thermostat like hitler. nobody turns the thermostat on until temps go below 65 F inside the house. put on a sweater, we live in new england. but have had to make some concessions when old folks are visiting. so it went on last week.

IMO whoever manages family finances should have control of the thermostat.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:34 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

IMO whoever manages family finances should have control of the thermostat.
Good grief!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:06 pm

yeah inside temp was 63 this morning. I turned it on set to 67.

also: I control the finances, but I like it warmer than the kids do. I also turned it on coz XH works out of the basement whenever he works from home, which was the case today. Thought of making it decently warm until he gets downstairs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down