Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dead smell

4 posters

Go down

dead smell Empty dead smell

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:16 am

in the kitchen... from the oven area to be more specific. I had kept a rat trap inside it which I later found missing. I thought maybe the cleaning lady must have broken/thrown it or something.

Well, I have looked at every place in the area. I even took out the bottom of the oven to look at the floor and behind the oven, nothing.

The smell gets stronger when I open the oven. In the bottommost portion, I see some gaps that run about 1 inch wide. My guess now is that maybe the mouse fell in there before dying.

I tried to pry open the bottommost part, but not able to. It seems shut in place by some other border thingy.

help?

Back to top Go down

dead smell Empty Re: dead smell

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:00 am

arre who all professionals can i call? a dozen reads and no help yet. Mad

maybe i should go back to india... f this country, no help whatsoever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:27 am

You'll want to pull out the oven. What make/model is it?

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:29 am

Bittu wrote:You'll want to pull out the oven. What make/model is it?

i thot of pulling out the oven, but instead i took out the cover in the bottom. There is nothing under or behind the oven. I think the dead mouse is inside the oven. The oven is GE XL44.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:32 am

Ah there are screws all the way in the back. Let me see...

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:37 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:in the kitchen... from the oven area to be more specific. I had kept a rat trap inside it which I later found missing. I thought maybe the cleaning lady must have broken/thrown it or something.

I tried to pry open the bottommost part, but not able to. It seems shut in place by some other border thingy.

help?

First MOVE the oven out - as though you are replacing it (Ovens are usually light). The bottom thingie should come out.. try to slightly lift/shake at the point when it gets stuck. You should be able to open the back plate with simple star/flat screw driver. there might be some insulation etc.

But, how did the rat even come into the kitchen and into the oven? There must be a hole on the kitchen wall - may be where the gas line comes out of the wall ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:43 am

found it, phew... unscrewed the base plate, and there it was, along with the trap. The poor thing had a tough end it seems. Dropped two grills down, into the gap, before breathing his last, he fought like a brave soldier...

After the formal screaming at sight, put on the gloves and threw it out. Need to clean the rest of the oven, but have other fires to put out first. This will be tackled wednesday onwards.

It's so funny bitts, the fear of your line of questioning, and later yelling (at me and at women in general), made me take out all the grills and look closely.

edit: oh, and didn't have to move out the oven.

Last edited by Natalia Romanova on Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:49 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:47 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:
It's so funny bitts, the fear of your line of questioning, and later yelling (at me and at women in general), made me take out all the grills and look closely.

glad to be of help.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:04 am

Am guessing your husband must be hung like a mule to get away with not taking care of odd smells in the house

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:06 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:Am guessing your husband must be hung like a mule to get away with not taking care of odd smells in the house

LOL, no he won't be here before Friday... this could not have waited until then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:10 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:Am guessing your husband must be hung like a mule to get away with not taking care of odd smells in the house

LOL, no he won't be here before Friday... this could not have waited until then.

A supportive wife woulda said no comment at least instead of telling the world he's hung like a cricket.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:13 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote:

A supportive wife woulda said no comment at least instead of telling the world he's hung like a cricket.

lol! I mean no comments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Faustianbargain7 Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:21 am

Male mules don't reproduce. Check wiki.

Faustianbargain7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down