Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Those stupid vaccine deniers

2 posters

Go down

Those stupid vaccine deniers Empty Those stupid vaccine deniers

Post by Hellsangel Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:35 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/12/nyregion/fear-of-vaccines-goes-viral.html
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Those stupid vaccine deniers Empty Re: Those stupid vaccine deniers

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:02 pm

Hellsangel wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/12/nyregion/fear-of-vaccines-goes-viral.html

lefty analogues of evolution deniers, but more dangerous. a-holes.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:17 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/12/nyregion/fear-of-vaccines-goes-viral.html

lefty analogues of evolution deniers, but more dangerous. a-holes.

Prevention

DTaP vaccination, one of the recommended childhood immunizations, protects children against pertussis infection. DTaP vaccine can be safely given to infants. Five DTaP vaccines are recommended. They are usually given to children at ages 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 15-18 months, and 4-6 years.

The Tdap vaccine should be given around age 11 or 12, and every 10 years thereafter.

During a pertussis outbreak, unimmunized children under age 7 should not attend school or public gatherings, and should be isolated from anyone known or suspected to be infected. This should last until 14 days after the last reported case.

Many health care organizations strongly recommend that adults up to the age of 65 years receive the adult form of the vaccine against pertussis.

My kids got all of those, I believe. I take them to their doc every year, and don't question him regarding immunization. He is a good mix of conservative and necessary, and follows the state mandate. Schools ask for immunization record (even dental hygiene record) every time they go into a new school anyway.

However, I don't think as adults we get any of those, but am wondering if we now should. I only remember getting tetanus shot 10+ years ago coz it was a requirement of for the green cars.

Flu shots are not mandatory in NJ for kids. So far I haven't gotten around it. I do debate over it every year, and the moment just passes. Not for or against it. Kids are not that young, and no one with us is that old. I once suggested it to my dad, and he brushed it off. Besides, it doesn't protect you against all possible strands and mutations anyway. We may or may not get flu every year, and even if we do, it's usually quickly recoverable, maybe that's why never felt the urgency to join the mad rush that it becomes every Fall/Winter. Most of them (flu virus) are not fatal in nature, so why not let the body build up its own immunity. OTOH, if you can't afford to (or don't want to) lose 2-4 days coz of it, then maybe a good idea to go for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down