Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gay husband arrested on the New wife's complain in BLR

5 posters

Go down

Gay husband arrested on the New wife's complain in BLR Empty Gay husband arrested on the New wife's complain in BLR

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:43 pm

...Rights activists said the case could represent a dangerous precedent, because the sexual acts involved had been consensual and because the woman had invaded her husband's privacy.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Gay husband arrested on the New wife's complain in BLR Empty Re: Gay husband arrested on the New wife's complain in BLR

Post by nevada Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:01 pm

Moral of the story - don't be a cheap bastard.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Gay husband arrested on the New wife's complain in BLR Empty Re: Gay husband arrested on the New wife's complain in BLR

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:18 pm

nevada wrote:Moral of the story - don't be a cheap bastard.

Thats not nice. This is not the time to criticize Al-Akbari Loosandan

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:56 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

...Rights activists said the case could represent a dangerous precedent, because the sexual acts involved had been consensual and because the woman had invaded her husband's privacy.

>>>I can see the grounds for a divorce on the basis of adultery, but the case on the basis of his preference doesn't make sense. If anything, this should be a test case to challenge the constitutionality of it, I would think. The other part I don't understand is the reference to the law going back to archaic british roots. Are they saying the local kings, who presumably had their own religion-based laws, were tolerant of it in a legal sense? This is hard to believe considering the conservatism of the society. At best, they may been silent on the issue, but I doubt that they were liberal about it. Doesn't a lot of hindu law derive from manu's code?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:59 pm

Kris wrote:

>>>I can see the grounds for a divorce on the basis of adultery, but the case on the basis of his preference doesn't make sense. If anything, this should be a test case to challenge the constitutionality of it, I would think. The other part I don't understand is the reference to the law going back to archaic british roots. Are they saying the local kings, who presumably had their own religion-based laws, were tolerant of it in a legal sense? This is hard to believe considering the conservatism of the society. At best, they may been silent on the issue, but I doubt that they were liberal about it. Doesn't a lot of hindu law derive from manu's code?

Criminalization of same-sex relationships was a British imposition. The Mughals were merry swingers. Our own mythology seems to imply acceptance, what with Vishnu morphing into Mohini and seducing etc.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:21 pm

weird case. could have just divorced and moved on.

otoh, hope this canalizes banning of that archaic law.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:29 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Kris wrote:

Criminalization of same-sex relationships was a British imposition. The Mughals were merry swingers. Our own mythology seems to imply acceptance, what with Vishnu morphing into Mohini and seducing etc.

>>>I meant I didn't know about how this was handled in a legal sense in the pre-brit era. The illegality in british law based on biblical morals is acknowledged in the west. I didn't know if this was used as a convenient passing of the buck in current Indian discussions to seem enlightened.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:33 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

weird case. could have just divorced and moved on.

otoh, hope this canalizes banning of that archaic law.
>>>If there are lawyers involved, they will throw everything into the mix. If it is illegal, it isn't off= limits. This may about leveraging all this to get more alimony/better settlement/out -of- court settlement. We are not talking ethics here, we are talking money Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:17 pm

Kris wrote:

>>>...the case on the basis of his preference doesn't make sense. 

he deceived her and ruined her life by presenting himself as a heterosexual male and agreeing to marry her.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:01 am

swapna wrote:
Kris wrote:

he deceived her and ruined her life by presenting himself as a heterosexual male and agreeing to marry her.

Really??
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:15 am

swapna wrote:
Kris wrote:

EXACTLY...that is my point as well. He can do whatever he wants with whoever he wants. But knowing the responsibilities involved in a marriage with a woman he should not have married. He should be charged CRIMINALLY for deceiving a woman into a marriage by falsifying his sexual preferences. If he had stated his hoomosexuality and still had she married her, that is a different issue - but, that is not what hppened here. His parents also should be charged.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down