Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

which airline would you avoid to go to India? why?

+5
Vakavaka Pakapaka
Kayalvizhi
confuzzled dude
Merlot Daruwala
truthbetold
9 posters

Go down

which airline would you avoid to go to India? why? Empty which airline would you avoid to go to India? why?

Post by truthbetold Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:17 pm

based on your experience, which are the worst airlines to fly to India?
Some years back I went to India on Alitaia.  Food is great in Rome airport  and on flight. But the service was lousy. The staff clearly lets you know they do not care.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

which airline would you avoid to go to India? why? Empty Re: which airline would you avoid to go to India? why?

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:23 pm

Air France. They treat you like dirt and if you miss the connecting flt in Paris, you're screwed.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

which airline would you avoid to go to India? why? Empty Re: which airline would you avoid to go to India? why?

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:34 pm

truthbetold wrote:based on your experience, which are the worst airlines to fly to India?
Some years back I went to India on Alitaia.  Food is great in Rome airport  and on flight. But the service was lousy. The staff clearly lets you know they do not care.
Isn't this the case with any airlines in post 9/11 world?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:41 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:based on your experience, which are the worst airlines to fly to India?

No. In Asia, service levels are very good.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:02 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
May be. I will leave that judgement to those who travel more often than me.  
KLM and singapore airlines were good. 
germas were extremely professional and unemotional. 
Air India staff was good but the standards go down as time goes by.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:05 pm

Air India. Not only VERY BAD service but knowledge of Hindi is compulsory for its employees

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:13 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:Air India. Not only VERY BAD service but knowledge of Hindi is compulsory for its employees
KV

Knowledge of hindi is their selling point.  They may lose few like you but get plenty on board.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:13 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:Air India. Not only VERY BAD service but knowledge of Hindi is compulsory for its employees
So, do you travel by LTTE Airlines?

which airline would you avoid to go to India? why? DestroyedPlane

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:40 pm

is that ltte airlines or airforce?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:27 am

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
>>>Air India is inconsistent from what I can recall. For me it has come down to minimal # of stops en route. Emirates works best from the west coast, with just one stop. If the price is too steep, I do Singapore or Cathay.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:59 am

After using various airlines, I have settled on Lufthansa. No lost baggages and decent service. Food is not great but palatable. Chicago, Frankfurt, Bangalore with just a couple of hours layover. Convenient, comfortable and reliable.

Will never travel Air India.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:41 am

Lufthansa and KLM are good with service and schedules (just 3 or 4 hours between connecting flights at Frankfurt or Amsterdam). I've not flown Austrian Airlines, but a friends who did tell me that their service is excellent, good connecting flights, and a few inches more leg room. Emirates and Qutar also appear to be good (word of mouth). Air India is good but not consistent. I still can't understand why they can't fly directly to Hyd and Bangalore from London. Why do they stop in Bombay and make you change planes? This is especially glaring when Lufthansa and KLM have direct flights to Hyd and Bangalore. Even Emirates and Qutar do direct flights - why does AI need to route everything through Bombay?  

The service is okay on British Airways,but it's a long lay over in London (12 hours?). Probably they want you to visit London and spend some money in the city. Air France, I heard, the service sucks, and there is this "I am of a superior culture" thing and the rudeness that comes with it to deal with.

Finally, my nephew once flew Pakistan Airlines from Bombay to New York, with a stop in Karachi, Dubai, and some other "nice" places. His dad wanted him to come quickly, and that was the only airline that had some seats at that time. He vowed never ever fly that airline.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:27 am

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

You can't expect someone to be very professional and emotional at the same time.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down