Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Names on the airline tickets

3 posters

Go down

Names on the airline tickets Empty Names on the airline tickets

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 11:23 am

My travel agent did a mistake while booking the airlines tickets. She has put our (my son's and mine) first names as last and last names as first names.Will that be an issue?

Back to top Go down

Names on the airline tickets Empty Re: Names on the airline tickets

Post by Hellsangel Wed May 11, 2011 11:24 am

No
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 11:26 am

Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 11:30 am

afaik the names on tickets shd be exactly the same as on the passport, specialyl when travelling abroad, and I think you are. you can call the airlines and get it corrected now.

been like 10 years since we used a ticket agent... do they send e-ticket to you, or do they send the paper tix like the old times... miss those... seemed so 'important'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed May 11, 2011 11:32 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:afaik the names on tickets shd be exactly the same as on the passport, specialyl when travelling abroad, and I think you are. you can call the airlines and get it corrected now.

Not necessary to correct it. I know plenty of people who traveled with their names inverted.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 11:32 am

Another question: Once the tickets are confirmed, you pay the fare amt to the travel agent (the one who you dealt with only through emails and phones. don't know his exact physical address), can he/she cancel the tickets and pocket the money? Heard of such scams, but not sure if it is feasible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed May 11, 2011 11:33 am

kinnera wrote:Another question: Once the tickets are confirmed, you pay the fare amt to the travel agent (the one who you dealt with only through emails and phones. don't know his exact physical address), can he/she cancel the tickets and pocket the money? Heard of such scams, but not sure if it is feasible.
If you have a confirmation number, you can look it up on the airline site to confirm it.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 11:39 am

I have the confirmation # and I confirmed it on the airline site. The agent also can have access to that acct as he also has the confirmation # and my names. Wondering if he can cancel that once he receives the fare amt from me? Heard that it happened to someone who bought their tickets from him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed May 11, 2011 11:43 am

I doubt your agent will cancel the tickets unless he has it in for you.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 11:48 am

Ante? ardham kaaledu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed May 11, 2011 11:53 am

Unless he wants to intentionally spite you, he will not cancel it.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed May 11, 2011 12:17 pm

kinnera wrote:My travel agent did a mistake while booking the airlines tickets. She has put our (my son's and mine) first names as last and last names as first names.Will that be an issue?
I would talk to the airline about correcting the mistake. There may be a problem, particularly on your flight back to the US. Airlines have to report passenger names, and those reported names have to match exactly with the names in the passports.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed May 11, 2011 12:19 pm

charvaka wrote:
I would talk to the airline about correcting the mistake. There may be a problem, particularly on your flight back to the US. Airlines have to report passenger names, and those reported names have to match exactly with the names in the passports.

As long as it is just that the first and last names are inverted, there should be no problem. I know of plenty of people who have had their names printed that way on the ticket (including me)
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed May 11, 2011 12:20 pm

kinnera wrote:Another question: Once the tickets are confirmed, you pay the fare amt to the travel agent (the one who you dealt with only through emails and phones. don't know his exact physical address), can he/she cancel the tickets and pocket the money? Heard of such scams, but not sure if it is feasible.
I believe it is feasible. That is why I avoid travel agents (had a bad experience with one that we got through a reference.) These days buying direct from the airline is cheapest and gives you most flexibility when it comes to changes and cancellations.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 11, 2011 1:56 pm

Usually, as long as all the components are there - it is easy to explain even if someone questions. Of course, the ticketing agent might get it wrong - of course, you are likely to get your own boarding pass.

Call the Airline - they can correct it. If it is expedia or something like that call them as well. Even if they dont no big problem.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down