Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tickets to India

+4
Bittu
Kumarg
southindian
The Absolute Zero
8 posters

Go down

Tickets to India Empty Tickets to India

Post by The Absolute Zero Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:13 am

Long time no see. Hope all of you are doing great.

Quick question about ticket prices.

On orbitz from my city to Hyd ticket for summer are 1450 RT on united but the caveat is that one leg of each way is from Newark to desh on 15 hour non stop flite. Kids will have a problem sitting that long. Your ideas on this? Kids are 11 and younger. Lufthansa gives 1300 from Chicago to Hyd with a stop over in Munich of Frankfurt. I am leaning towards Lufthansa because of max 8 hr flites and a break in Europe.

The local journey from my city to Newark also would charge extra for bags Which means Orbitz price if 1450 is not accurate. Instead I can drive to Chicago and have direct flite to Europe.

A colleague says if I book in January (not travel in jan) prices wil be cheaper. Is this true?

Thanks in advance to everyone - helpers viewers commenters tag alongs and donogooders. And of course those who think how kanjoos I am. :-)

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Tickets to India Empty Re: Tickets to India

Post by southindian Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:10 am

I saw a route to India for $750.

Would you want to take that for a slight discomfort.

There are 5 hops along the way and reaches in 4 days. Go for it.

Let me know if you are interested.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumarg Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:14 am

btw ALL airlines allow only 1 bag per passenger, do keep that in mind.

Kumarg

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:24 am

Kumarg wrote:btw ALL airlines allow only 1 bag per passenger, do keep that in mind.

"On International Flights" yes. But not on domestic flights in USA. I already mentioned that in my post and why Orbitz price is not accurate.

So if you book tickets in this route as Houston-Atlanta-Frankfurt-Bombay-Hyd, the first leg of Houston-Atlanta will charge for any "checked" bags (unless it is SouthWest Airlines) but will allow cabin bag for free, whereas the international flights and possibly the Indian leg will allow one "checked bag" and one cabin bag (subject to dimensions and weight) free.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:49 am

Kumarg wrote:btw ALL airlines allow only 1 bag per passenger, do keep that in mind.

Not true. I fly Virgin Atlantic to India and they allow 2 checked-in bags plus 1 carry-on.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:50 am

TAZ reading your post gave me a dull feeling in the head, like the start of a headache. Sorry.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:24 pm

if you book in 2012 and travel in 2016, it'll be very cheap. like dirt cheap

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:10 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:if you book in 2012 and travel in 2016, it'll be very cheap. like dirt cheap
Mr. Tagalong is there a discount if you order tea to feel like boxing a kangaroo. Should I suggest you try a donkey first to suit your mentality?

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:30 pm

The Absolute Zero wrote: Should I suggest you try a donkey first to suit your mentality?
Are you politely saying he is an ass man?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:22 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
The Absolute Zero wrote: Should I suggest you try a donkey first to suit your mentality?
Are you politely saying he is an ass man?

Politely? My foot!

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:29 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:Long time no see. Hope all of you are doing great.

On orbitz from my city to Hyd ticket for summer are 1450 RT on united but the caveat is that one leg of each way is from Newark to desh on 15 hour non stop flite. Kids will have a problem sitting that long. Your ideas on this? Kids are 11 and younger. Lufthansa gives 1300 from Chicago to Hyd with a stop over in Munich of Frankfurt. I am leaning towards Lufthansa because of max 8 hr flites and a break in Europe.

The local journey from my city to Newark also would charge extra for bags Which means Orbitz price if 1450 is not accurate. Instead I can drive to Chicago and have direct flite to Europe.

A colleague says if I book in January (not travel in jan) prices wil be cheaper. Is this true?

Thanks in advance to everyone - helpers viewers commenters tag alongs and donogooders. And of course those who think how kanjoos I am. :-)

Go by Lufthansa from Chicago. By the time you get onboard at Newark you will be exhausted and kids will be tired...Then the 15 hr long flight...

Get on board in Chicago - sleep - get out and take a break in Frankfurt - get on board - reach - Hyd.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:00 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:if you book in 2012 and travel in 2016, it'll be very cheap. like dirt cheap
Mr. Tagalong is there a discount if you order tea to feel like boxing a kangaroo. Should I suggest you try a donkey first to suit your mentality?

Any two sentences out of your mouth are bound to contain the keywords cheapest, discount, sale, how do I subject my family to a series of horrors so I can save two sattu annas.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:47 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
The Absolute Zero wrote:

Any two sentences out of your mouth are bound to contain the keywords cheapest, discount, sale, how do I subject my family to a series of horrors so I can save two sattu annas.

In fact, I love this no luggage or 1 baggage rule. Thank god...gone are the days when Desis will insist on tagging along two gigantic boxes for each ticket carrying any and all junk back and forth.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:48 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:Long time no see. Hope all of you are doing great.

** in my view, the key to living well is working really really hard and they having a truly luxurious vacation. why don't you work hard now and galvanize your family to do the same and they you can all fly first or business class and enjoy all the silly frilly things they offer: like all these wonderful makeup samples they offered me, and the nice fun big chairs, and so many little little things to eat, like yogurt parfait and nuts and mousse and i don't know how everything stays together at that altitude, food science i guess. and you're just waited on the whole time, nice headphones, a small satchel with perfume and etc for your transit, and you get lots of drinks. i get messed up fast so i didn't drink but the options are endless. so show your kids the good life and they'll understand that if they work hard they can have it too. give them something to remember. not those sweaty small cabins where eevryone's atnding on line to go the bathroom.

** think of your legacy.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down