Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ये भक्ति है या सौदा ? - It is devotion or deal?

3 posters

Go down

ये भक्ति है या सौदा ? - It is devotion or deal? Empty ये भक्ति है या सौदा ? - It is devotion or deal?

Post by FluteHolder Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:28 am

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

ये भक्ति है या सौदा ? - It is devotion or deal? Empty Re: ये भक्ति है या सौदा ? - It is devotion or deal?

Post by Guest Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:46 am

Didn't hear the sermon... The title just reminded me of an old story. XB was always very religious. Whenever he used to go to a big ganesh temple, he used to get the religious thread for me too. Basically, while I was with him, I always had a thread or more on my wrist, as I was religious too. He tried continuing that even after our final breakup (i.e. his engagement), sending it through our common friends. I wouldn't take it, citing some lame excuse that sounded legit enough. He did that 2-3 times, and then stopped.

So anyway, 3-4 months into our final breakup, he called me once to talk on some pretext. At some point during the call he said, 'I always pray to God for you, asking Him for your well being. Do you do it too?'. I said, 'No I am not on talking terms with the God'. LOL. This line was repeated so many times by all my friends.

Back to top Go down

ये भक्ति है या सौदा ? - It is devotion or deal? Empty Re: ये भक्ति है या सौदा ? - It is devotion or deal?

Post by Kris Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:04 pm

1) Gotta admit, this is the most extreme step (the engagement) I have heard to effect a breakup Smile

2) The correct answer to the ex-B would have been ' I pray for my well-being too. Thanks for asking though'.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:19 pm

Kris wrote:1) Gotta admit, this is the most extreme step (the engagement) I have heard to effect a breakup Smile

lol... well we would have continued our multiple breakups and reunions pattern. A third person HAD to step in, and that's what happened with the engagement.

Kris wrote:
2) The correct answer to the ex-B would have been ' I pray for my well-being too. Thanks for asking though'.

lol... he still would have pouted why I wasn't praying for HIM. I am not that generous lol. Actually even now whenever we talk which is 1-2 times a year, he does repeat that he prays for my happiness and cheers whenever XH moves in with me. But he no longer asks if I pray or not. Anyhoos. I think I will call him one of these days. Been ages.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:00 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Kris wrote:1) Gotta admit, this is the most extreme step (the engagement) I have heard to effect a breakup Smile

Kris wrote:

lol... well we would have continued our multiple breakups and reunions pattern. A third person HAD to step in, and that's what happened with the engagement

>>>You know someone else would have moved and not left a forwarding #. In the pre-internet age, that would have worked. Just sayin'/ this 'engagement' thing seems to be  a case of jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. 

Actually even now whenever we talk which is 1-2 times a year, he does repeat that he prays for my happiness and cheers whenever XH moves in with me.

>>>> He really needs to get a hobby. Wait, is this the guy with the wife who tried to run you off the road? I would cease all contact now. Or at least get life insurance and name me the beneficiary.Thx.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:07 pm

Kris wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

Kris wrote:

lol... well we would have continued our multiple breakups and reunions pattern. A third person HAD to step in, and that's what happened with the engagement

>>>You know someone else would have moved and not left a forwarding #. In the pre-internet age, that would have worked. Just sayin'/ this 'engagement' thing seems to be  a case of jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. 

Actually even now whenever we talk which is 1-2 times a year, he does repeat that he prays for my happiness and cheers whenever XH moves in with me.

>>>> He really needs to get a hobby. Wait, is this the guy with the wife who tried to run you off the road? I would cease all contact now. Or at least get life insurance and name me the beneficiary.Thx.

Sad yes. He wants us to be "friends". Both of us say yes to him but avoid it with a passion lol. He didn't get it yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:15 pm

>>>> He really needs to get a hobby. Wait, is this the guy with the wife who tried to run you off the road? I would cease all contact now. Or at least get life insurance and name me the beneficiary.Thx. wrote:
Sad yes. He wants us to be "friends". Both of us say yes to him but avoid it with a passion lol. He didn't get it yet.
>>> Occam's razor tells me he is an Amway salesman. Tread carefully. You may start wishing his wife's attempt on your life had succeeded ..Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:26 pm

Kris wrote:
>>>> He really needs to get a hobby. Wait, is this the guy with the wife who tried to run you off the road? I would cease all contact now. Or at least get life insurance and name me the beneficiary.Thx. wrote:
>>> Occam's razor tells me he is an Amway salesman. Tread carefully. You may start wishing his wife's attempt on your life had succeeded ..Smile

LOL... We came across each other in the village's New Year's party last year. Completely checked each other out while totally looking through each other. Later I told him I wanted to talk but hesitated. He said she said the same that she wanted to talk to me but hesitated. Nope, there was no hesitation. We had looked through each other, there was zero hesitation lol. There was a moment when their SIL, who is my school mate, came to me and we hugged. But the moment we broke the hug and began talking she jumped on her and pulled her away to whisper something in her ears. Got awkward for both of us. Then she left and we continued talking. Hesitation? Nopes.

She hates me actually. No no, not jealousy. She wishes she had never come in the middle of us, knowingly. That way I got to go out and she got stuck with him. Whenever they fight she does remind him of that and says, 'Vidya should THANK me that I saved her from the misery of you. I sacrificed myself to free HER'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:39 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Whenever they fight she does remind him of that and says, 'Vidya should THANK me that I saved her from the misery of you. I sacrificed myself to free HER'.
>>> 'Tis a pity that you let go of this feller who evokes such tender emotions in the fairer sex.

P.S. I have  a hunch she is encouraging this new 'friendship' move. She missed her opportunity the first time with the car. She is hoping she can do it this time with her husband.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:59 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

You could have followed the "Bangalore Strategy" or still can. That way you will get what you missed and at the same time you can take revenge against both your XH and your lover's wife.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down