Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

special category to AP

4 posters

Go down

special category to AP Empty special category to AP

Post by truthbetold Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:05 pm

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Hyderabad/special-category-status-to-ap-in-a-fortnight/article6575507.ece?homepage=true

Naidu is trying to get center to finalize the special category status to AP for few months. Finally there seems to be some movement.  This will help attract additional investments from with in India and from outside India.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

special category to AP Empty Re: special category to AP

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:21 pm

Yeah. Nirmala is making sure that the file is in proper order so that the "jealous" MPs (you know who they are) won't create fuss. 

As I wrote earlier, just wait for another month or so. Several big announcements are coming!

So, are you investing in Swarnaandhra? :-)

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:30 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Yeah. Nirmala is making sure that the file is in proper order so that the "jealous" MPs (you know who they are) won't create fuss. 

As I wrote earlier, just wait for another month or so. Several big announcements are coming!

My only investment in current AP is emotional energy.  

My personal view is that vijayawada area is in a huge real estate bubble.  I will stay away from such euphoria for practical reasons. 

I would not mind buying a small cottage on the banks krishna or godavari away from cities for my retirement. May be near pulichintala on krishna or near polavaram on godavari. 

I read somewhere that Nirmala may get a promotion to cabinet rank.  Glad to see quality people being rewarded.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:33 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Yeah. Nirmala is making sure that the file is in proper order so that the "jealous" MPs (you know who they are) won't create fuss. 

How are you so sure, sir? Are you an ex-president of TANA/Babu's benami?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:38 pm

truthbetold wrote:

My personal view is that vijayawada area is in a huge real estate bubble.  I will stay away from such euphoria for practical reasons. 

I would not mind buying a small cottage on the banks krishna or godavari away from cities for my retirement. May be near pulichintala on krishna or near polavaram on godavari. 

I read somewhere that Nirmala may get a promotion to cabinet rank.  Glad to see quality people being rewarded.

How about near Srungavarapukota or Simhachalam (panasa pallu, pinapple, scenic views, Appalammas, etc.)?

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:49 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
truthbetold wrote:

How about near Srungavarapukota or Simhachalam (panasa pallu, pinapple, scenic views, Appalammas, etc.)?
Simhachalam is a great suggestion. Araku is another option. 

Vishakapatnam is a wondeful option but I doubt if I can afford a decent place anywhere in the city at the rate it is growing.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:55 pm

Our town is just 70 miles northwest of Araku. There is another place called Anantagiri near Araku. It's about 6000 ft above sea level, and that is the town at the second highest elevation in that area (There is another small place which is the highjest, at about 6500 ft). Borra caves with mountains of black marble are very close to Anathagiri.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:57 pm

You can't buy in Araku (unless you marry a tribal girl). Simhachalam (towards Kothavalasa) isn't that expensive. Srungavarapukota is not a bad idea - close to Araku, not that far from Vizag and land is CHEAP (and you can smell sampenga poolu everyday).

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:59 pm

indophile wrote:Our town is just 70 miles northwest of Araku. There is another place called Anantagiri near Araku. It's about 6000 ft above sea level, and that is the town at the second highest elevation in that area (There is another small place which is the highjest, at about 6500 ft). Borra caves with mountains of black marble are very close to Anathagiri.
Is Anantagiri inside the tribal area? If not, it is a great place to invest in.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:24 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
indophile wrote:Our town is just 70 miles northwest of Araku. There is another place called Anantagiri near Araku. It's about 6000 ft above sea level, and that is the town at the second highest elevation in that area (There is another small place which is the highjest, at about 6500 ft). Borra caves with mountains of black marble are very close to Anathagiri.
Is Anantagiri inside the tribal area? If not, it is a great place to invest in.
Don't know. Back in the 40s it was tiger country. Nowadays you may see an occasional leopard. Tigers are long gone.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:02 pm

Like both sringavarapu kota and anatha giri suggestions. one of the other uncoventional places would be the villages near polavaram dam.  Once the plan is finalized,  I am sure you can find places near papi kodalu.  With improved communications and infrastructure, 3 hours from capital,  that would be a great place.  I spent time at all the places mentioned above but there is no better place than papi kondalu in the entire AP.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:23 pm

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/141213/nation-current-affairs/article/no-special-status-telangana-state-andhra-pradesh

*ahem* tik tok tik tok

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:36 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/141213/nation-current-affairs/article/no-special-status-telangana-state-andhra-pradesh

*ahem* tik tok tik tok
Read the article, not just the title.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:43 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

*ahem* tik tok tik tok
I did...
However, with regard to the central government’s assurance of granting special status to AP and Telangana states, which cannot be brought under the purview of the Act since it is for the National Development Council to consider.

and

HYDERABAD: Even as the Centre is sending out indications that it cannot accord special category status to the truncated Andhra Pradesh by bypassing relevant rules, TDP MPs from Seemandhra raised their voice and made it clear that they would not compromise on getting a special status to the state as was promised by the then UPA government while passing the AP Reorganisation Bill-2014
http://www.newindianexpress.com/states/andhra_pradesh/Spl-Status-for-Andhra-Pradesh--TDP-MPs-to-Exert-Pressure-on-Centre/2014/12/13/article2569160.ece

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:49 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

*ahem* tik tok tik tok
I did...
However, with regard to the central government’s assurance of granting special status to AP and Telangana states, which cannot be brought under the purview of the Act since it is for the National Development Council to consider.

and

HYDERABAD: Even as the Centre is sending out indications that it cannot accord special category status to the truncated Andhra Pradesh by bypassing relevant rules, TDP MPs from Seemandhra raised their voice and made it clear that they would not compromise on getting a special status to the state as was promised by the then UPA government while passing the AP Reorganisation Bill-2014
http://www.newindianexpress.com/states/andhra_pradesh/Spl-Status-for-Andhra-Pradesh--TDP-MPs-to-Exert-Pressure-on-Centre/2014/12/13/article2569160.ece
Yes, it is the development council that decides. You just have to wait.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:55 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Yes, it is the development council that decides. You just have to wait.
With out of control Babu asking for 4 lakh crore to build state capital the chances are that Modiji will show his middle finger to Naidu (siamese) twins.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:25 pm

Apparently Mr Modi himself is sceptical about the implementation of the various assurances provided at the time of the passage of the AP Reorganisation Bill in Parliament as well as some of the provisions of the Act. “It is difficult to convince the PM. It seems he has made up his mind not to grant special status and industrial incentives to the two states as these are bound to generate a lot of opposition from other states,” a source said
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/141215/nation-current-affairs/article/pm-modi-yet-approve-%E2%80%98special-status%E2%80%99-industrial-incentives

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:29 pm

Hyderabad: Though Union ministers are routinely giving assurances on giving special status to Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, so far there have been no specific orders on the matter, sources said.

According to sources, the Prime Minister has received letters from the Chief Ministers of Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Odisha and West Bengal objecting to the Centre granting any favours to the two Telugu-speaking states.

In the last six months, representatives of the AP government, including the Chief Minister, have approached the Union commerce ministry for the special status and special incentives around 16 times.

“Each time we were assured that it would be done and was being worked out; but to our knowledge, nothing has been moved in the ministry,” a source said. Apparently when ministry officials enquired with the PMO regarding this, the latter asked them “not to proceed unless specifically told”.
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/141215/nation-current-affairs/article/five-states-object-special-status-telangana-and-andhra-pradesh

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down