Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A separate category should be created for inter-caste marriage couples and their children, and a special quota given to them in employment and education.

2 posters

Go down

A separate category should be created for inter-caste marriage couples and their children, and a special quota given to them in employment and education. Empty A separate category should be created for inter-caste marriage couples and their children, and a special quota given to them in employment and education.

Post by Rishi Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:18 pm

It has been more than 60 years since Independence but we are still divided on the lines of caste. As rightly pointed out by some readers, society will change only when the political class agrees to bring about changes. While the beneficial government schemes announced by some governments for inter-caste couples may be welcome, we are far from achieving a casteless society.

Children of inter-caste couple inherit the caste of one of their parents. Most often, parents want them to inherit the caste that brings more concessions. A separate category should be created for inter-caste marriage couples and their children, and a special quota given to them in employment and education.

K. Kannappan,

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/letters/victims-of-caste/article4898831.ece

Rishi

Back to top Go down

A separate category should be created for inter-caste marriage couples and their children, and a special quota given to them in employment and education. Empty Re: A separate category should be created for inter-caste marriage couples and their children, and a special quota given to them in employment and education.

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:36 pm

Rishi wrote: As rightly pointed out by Some readers have said that society will change only when the political class agrees to bring about changes.
wrong! the caste consciousness of society will disappear when caste is irrelevant to achieving a high standard of living. the swiftest path to such a state is capitalism, free markets, and small government.

q: why do you believe everything you read?

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

A separate category should be created for inter-caste marriage couples and their children, and a special quota given to them in employment and education. Empty Re: A separate category should be created for inter-caste marriage couples and their children, and a special quota given to them in employment and education.

Post by Rishi Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:54 pm

Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:
Rishi wrote: As rightly pointed out by Some readers have said that society will change only when the political class agrees to bring about changes.
wrong! the caste consciousness of society will disappear when caste is irrelevant to achieving a high standard of living. the swiftest path to such a state is capitalism, free markets, and small government.

I certainly do not believe what Mr. Kannappan says. I just copied and pasted to get some reaction here. I think Ponniyin Selvan would want the separate category Mr. Kannappan proposed.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:28 pm

Rishi wrote:
Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:

I certainly do not believe what Mr. Kannappan says. I just copied and pasted to get some reaction here. I think  Ponniyin Selvan would want the separate category Mr. Kannappan proposed.
do you yourself have no opinion at all on what mr. kannappan wrote?

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:43 pm

do you yourself have no opinion at all on what mr. kannappan wrote?

OK. What Mr. Kannappan says is nonsense. The inter-caste parents would not go along with that.

Children of the inter-caste marriage are already reaping the benefits by claiming to belong to the caste that brings more concessions.

Why would their parents agree to put them in a different category which could lead to lesser benefits?

The caste consciousness is here to stay as long as caste based quota and scholarships are there. To expect free market economy will get rid of them is wishful thinking.

If I belong to MBC and could get admission to Madras medical college based on the caste quota, pay low tution and get monthly scholarship, why would I want to give it up?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down