Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anna Hazare agitation a Fascist movement: Mahesh Bhatt

5 posters

Go down

Anna Hazare agitation a Fascist movement: Mahesh Bhatt Empty Anna Hazare agitation a Fascist movement: Mahesh Bhatt

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:55 am

Mumbai, Aug 23 : Noted filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt has condemned the Anna Hazare-led agitation for a Jan Lokpal bill, terming it as a 'Fascist' movement.

Mr Bhatt said, ''Anna is selling a fake dream like we filmmakers do as the reality is different''.

He
alleged that the movement is backed by organisations like RSS and BJP.
''I have been inundated with threatening responses after I tweeted
against Hazare,'' he further alleged in a statement released yesterday.

The
filmmaker said the youth backing Mr Hazare are non-introspecting and
had not studied the issue at all. ''The proposed Jan lokpal bill will
have no accountability and will not conform to democratic society,'' he
claimed.

However, members of 'India against corruption' have termed the allegations as 'baseless'.

http://www.newkerala.com/news/2011/worldnews-52883.html

Back to top Go down

Anna Hazare agitation a Fascist movement: Mahesh Bhatt Empty Re: Anna Hazare agitation a Fascist movement: Mahesh Bhatt

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:57 am

http://fenilandbollywood.com/2011/08/22/i-get-abused-by-anna%E2%80%99s-supporters-mahesh-bhatt/

Back to top Go down

Anna Hazare agitation a Fascist movement: Mahesh Bhatt Empty Re: Anna Hazare agitation a Fascist movement: Mahesh Bhatt

Post by Another Brick Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:02 am

do you think he has any right to say anything about this issue? i ask because he is known to steal hollywood films without giving any credit to the original work. he is a shameless liar who has made money from stealing.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:06 am

Another Brick wrote:do you think he has any right to say anything about this issue? i ask because he is known to steal hollywood films without giving any credit to the original work. he is a shameless liar who has made money from stealing.

do you think hazare supporters have the right to shower abuses on him because he expresses a certain view? Is this their idea of democracy? to shower abuses on someone who happens to disagree with you on something?

--------

You don’t seem to be much in favour of Hazare’s protests…
First, I want to clarify that I am not against corruption. But tell me, can corruption be addressed through ‘your’ bill or ‘my’ bill? Anna’s bill is just as impractical and dangerous as the government’s bill. The nation
must question Anna’s bill as much as the government’s. The bill
proposes to create a power that is dangerous. Democracy must destabilise
power, not augur it in the wrong hands. I get abused online by Anna’s
supporters so badly when I criticise his agenda.
Arre bhai, just because
I am not with you, does it mean I am against you?

http://fenilandbollywood.com/2011/08/22/i-get-abused-by-anna%E2%80%99s-supporters-mahesh-bhatt/

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:08 am

Not only that...the guy who slept with every heroine, and responsible for the death of Parveen Babi and a Paki-lover along with the likes of Arundirty Roy has no right to blabber about anything. He has as just much right as his fellow Bollywood criminals like Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:11 am

Rashmun wrote:
Another Brick wrote:do you think he has any right to say anything about this issue? i ask because he is known to steal hollywood films without giving any credit to the original work. he is a shameless liar who has made money from stealing.

do you think hazare supporters have the right to shower abuses on him because he expresses a certain view? Is this their idea of democracy? to shower abuses on someone who happens to disagree with you on something?

no, they don't. but then he should know better. what does he expect from faceless strangers in the e-world? why is he even dignifying their comments/abuse?

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:11 am

-------
Arth (Hindi: अर्थ, in English: The Meaning) is a 1982 film directed by Mahesh Bhatt, starring Shabana Azmi, Kulbhushan Kharbanda, Smita Patil, Raj Kiran and Rohini Hattangadi. It features a memorable soundtrack by Ghazal duo, Jagjit Singh and Chitra Singh.

The semi-autobiographical film was written by Mahesh Bhatt about his extramarital relationship with actress Parveen Babi.[1] It is one of the 25 Must See Bollywood Movies as compiled by Indiatimes Movies.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arth_%28film%29

Encyclopedia Britannica's "Encyclopedia of Hindi Cinema" described Saaransh as Mahesh Bhatt's "finest film — moving, mellow, and mature — as the viewer feels the pain and despair of an elderly couple..."[1] The film's lead pair, Anupam Kher and Rohini Hattangadi were praised for their portrayals, described by The Tribune as "immortal performances".[2]

Saaransh won three Filmfare Awards: Best Actor (Anupam Kher), Best Story (Mahesh Bhatt), and Best Art Direction (Madhukar Shinde). It was nominated for four other awards, including Best Movie, Best Director (Bhatt), Best Actress (Rohini Hattangadi) and Best Supporting Actress (Soni Razdan). The film won one National Film Award for Best Lyrics.

The film was India's official submission for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film, though it did not make it to the final run. Among other awards, Bhatt received a special prize at the Moscow International Film Festival, and was a nominee for the Golden Prize.[3]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saaransh

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:12 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Not only that...the guy who slept with every heroine, and responsible for the death of Parveen Babi and a Paki-lover along with the likes of Arundirty Roy has no right to blabber about anything. He has as just much right as his fellow Bollywood criminals like Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt.

saar! for someone south of H'bad, you are well versed with the b'wood gossip, i must say.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:13 am

Another Brick wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

no, they don't. but then he should know better. what does he expect from faceless strangers in the e-world? why is he even dignifying their comments/abuse?

these are not just any strangers. they are hazare supporters. by abusing mahesh bhatt for expressing his views, they are revealing the intolerant nature of the movement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:17 am

Rashmun wrote:

-------
Arth (Hindi: अर्थ, in English: The Meaning) is a 1982 film directed by Mahesh Bhatt, starring Shabana Azmi, Kulbhushan Kharbanda, Smita Patil, Raj Kiran and Rohini Hattangadi. It features a memorable soundtrack by Ghazal duo, Jagjit Singh and Chitra Singh.

The semi-autobiographical film was written by Mahesh Bhatt about his extramarital relationship with actress Parveen Babi.[1] It is one of the 25 Must See Bollywood Movies as compiled by Indiatimes Movies.[2]

Encyclopedia Britannica's "Encyclopedia of Hindi Cinema" described Saaransh as Mahesh Bhatt's "finest film — moving, mellow, and mature — as the viewer feels the pain and despair of an elderly couple..."[1] The film's lead pair, Anupam Kher and Rohini Hattangadi were praised for their portrayals, described by The Tribune as "immortal performances".[2]

Saaransh won three Filmfare Awards: Best Actor (Anupam Kher), Best Story (Mahesh Bhatt), and Best Art Direction (Madhukar Shinde). It was nominated for four other awards, including Best Movie, Best Director (Bhatt), Best Actress (Rohini Hattangadi) and Best Supporting Actress (Soni Razdan). The film won one National Film Award for Best Lyrics.

The film was India's official submission for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film, though it did not make it to the final run. Among other awards, Bhatt received a special prize at the Moscow International Film Festival, and was a nominee for the Golden Prize.[3]

i am not denying that he has made some original films. but of late, all his films are frame-to-frame, shameless copies of hollywood films. nothing wrong in remakes, but everything wrong in making them without giving credit to the original work.

here - http://www.topyaps.com/top-10-bollywood-movies-copied-from-hollywood/

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:19 am

Another Brick wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

-------

i am not denying that he has made some original films. but of late, all his films are frame-to-frame, shameless copies of hollywood films. nothing wrong in remakes, but everything wrong in making them without giving credit to the original work.

here - http://www.topyaps.com/top-10-bollywood-movies-copied-from-hollywood/

i agree that in more recent times he is into making money and is not coming up with original ideas (as far as i know) but this accusation can be made against the majority of bollywood film makers. that does not mean they do not have the right to express their view on Anna Hazare and his Lok Pal bill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:23 am

Rashmun wrote:
these are not just any strangers. they are hazare supporters. by abusing mahesh bhatt for expressing his views, they are revealing the intolerant nature of the movement.

Does the same rule apply to Pigvijay Sickji AKA Diigy Raja considering that he is a supporter of Mata Soniambaal and also one of her trusted Lieutenants?

(Now, waiting to see how you to apply Rashman Method of twisting to this one)

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:32 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Not only that...the guy who slept with every heroine, and responsible for the death of Parveen Babi and a Paki-lover along with the likes of Arundirty Roy has no right to blabber about anything. He has as just much right as his fellow Bollywood criminals like Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt.

Parveen Babi had broken up with Mahesh Bhatt and gotten together with Kabir Bedi. It was during the time she was with Kabir Bedi that she started having her psychotic episodes. Bhatt is not to blame for the death of Parveen Babi in any way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:37 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Does the same rule apply to Pigvijay Sickji AKA Diigy Raja considering that he is a supporter of Mata Soniambaal and also one of her trusted Lieutenants?

(Now, waiting to see how you to apply Rashman Method of twisting to this one)

when has Diggy abused a film maker for articulating his political views?

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:41 am

Rashmun wrote:
i agree that in more recent times he is into making money and is not coming up with original ideas (as far as i know) but this accusation can be made against the majority of bollywood film makers. that does not mean they do not have the right to express their view on Anna Hazare and his Lok Pal bill.

was it not you who did not quite like ramdev baba and hazare carrying on their campaign because you think they are corrupt themselves? my question stems from there. ignore my question if that wasn't your stand.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:50 am

Another Brick wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

was it not you who did not quite like ramdev baba and hazare carrying on their campaign because you think they are corrupt themselves? my question stems from there. ignore my question if that wasn't your stand.

not liking someone is not the same as abusing them. i would never *abuse* ramdev or hazare if they expressed their views on a blog or an article or even a tweet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:54 am

rashmun, my question was: do you think mahesh bhatt has any right to speak for or against this movement when he is a shameless liar who steals hollywood work without giving any credit to the original work? (because you seem to think that hazare and ramdev have no right to talk against corruption because they are themselves corrupt).

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:55 am

Another Brick wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

with respect to hazare, it was retired supreme court justice sawant who in his investigative report found Hazare's organization guilty of corruption to the tune of Rs 2.20 lakh since it spent that money (some of which was sourced from the govt.) to celebrate Hazare's birthday. Since this could not be done without Hazare's knowledge, Sawant directly pointed the finger at Hazare, with respect to the corruption charge.

Sawant, in his report, also accused Hazare's workers and supporters of extortion, blackmail and other 'criminal activities'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:58 am

Another Brick wrote:rashmun, my question was: do you think mahesh bhatt has any right to speak for or against this movement when he is a shameless liar who steals hollywood work without giving any credit to the original work? (because you seem to think that hazare and ramdev have no right to talk against corruption because they are themselves corrupt).

with respect to your criticism, he has full freedom to speak on this movement because most film makers in bollywood can be accused of stealing some ideas in at least some of their films. Moreover, he has made original films like Arth (which was based on his relationship with Parveen Babi) and Saaransh. Even Hollywood film makers steal ideas for their movies from various sources.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:01 am

rashmun: you have this habit of repeatedly quoting persons in the public sphere about various things. at some point in a discussion, YOU have to take a stand, express YOUR opinion and defend it in a debate and show how YOU arrived at it through a reasoned thought process. at some point it becomes irrelevant what retired supreme court justices and dead tamil poets have said. this is what i, and i suspect many others find frustrating with you.

edited to add: if you don't do that, in the absence of your own opinion, this just becomes an exercise in slander by proxy. that is the most cowardly thing imaginable. i support anna hazare even though i don't think what he and his cohort are proposing is completely operationally perfect. i have also come to know of some very early links with the RSS through recent reading. I (not because some eminent personality told me to) have decided that this is acceptable to me because the causes he is espousing, and the movement he has given birth to, are far more important than such personal discomfort with his prior associations.

Last edited by MaxEntropy_Man on Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:02 am

so, if a shameless thief such as mahesh bhatt is taking govt's side, what is wrong in supposedly corrupt ramdev taking people's side?

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:05 am

Another Brick wrote:so, if a shameless thief such as mahesh bhatt is taking govt's side, what is wrong in supposedly corrupt ramdev taking people's side?

which is worse--borrowing ideas and incorporating them in your movies or books which btw many if not most film makers and writers do--or hoarding black money? How did Ramdev's trust acquire thousands of crores of money in a few years if black money hoarding is not involved?

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:07 am

what is worse - two lakh spent on one's birthday or looting the nation's 2 lakh crore?

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:11 am

saar, rashmun has gone unhinged of late and has lost all sense of proportion. once can argue he cannot lose what he never had in the first place but such a discussion is speculative.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:12 am

Another Brick wrote:what is worse - two lakh spent on one's birthday or looting the nation's 2 lakh crore?

good point. now my claim with respect to this is that a paragon of honesty, a mascot of an anti-corruption movement, should not himself be accused of corruption (by a retired supreme court justice, not just any person)even involving a hundred rupees.

Moreover, why were his workers and supporters indulging in 'criminal activities' like extortion and blackmail as per the retired Supreme Court justice Sawant's report? Sawant writes in his report that Hazare listened only to his workers and supporters and refused to listen to the grievances of the victims which Sawant felt was inappropriate and improper on Hazare's part. Do you agree with Sawant that Hazare should have at least listened to the people who according to Sawant had been victimized by Hazare's supporters and workers?

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:15 am

Rashmun wrote:these are not just any strangers. they are hazare supporters. by abusing mahesh bhatt for expressing his views, they are revealing the intolerant nature of the movement.
OK, let us try this on for size...

You are not any stranger. You are a Congress supporter. By abusing the family members of CHers for disagreeing with you and your methods, you are revealing the intolerant nature of the Congress party.

Does that fit OK?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:22 am

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:these are not just any strangers. they are hazare supporters. by abusing mahesh bhatt for expressing his views, they are revealing the intolerant nature of the movement.
OK, let us try this on for size...

You are not any stranger. You are a Congress supporter. By abusing the family members of CHers for disagreeing with you and your methods, you are revealing the intolerant nature of the Congress party.

Does that fit OK?

--> Pointing out the fraud of your priest uncle (and other family members according to Seva) who does not know proper sanskrit, does not chant mantras properly, and yet continues to collect fat daksinas does not constitute family abuse in my opinion. this is not something i am making you up. You had yourself divulged this on CH. CH poster Seva has corroborated this.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:34 am

Rashmun wrote:Pointing out the fraud of your priest uncle (and other family members according to Seva) who does not know proper sanskrit, does not chant mantras properly, and yet continues to collect fat daksinas does not constitute family abuse in my opinion. this is not something i am making you up. You had yourself divulged this on CH. CH poster Seva has corroborated this.
You are lying as usual. But never mind, you can continue spreading lies about my family. It's not my family that I was talking about. You abused the parents of multiple posters on old CH, and when I "reprimanded" you for that, gave stupid excuses like "ancient Indian philosophers did the same thing, so I will too."
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:38 am

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Pointing out the fraud of your priest uncle (and other family members according to Seva) who does not know proper sanskrit, does not chant mantras properly, and yet continues to collect fat daksinas does not constitute family abuse in my opinion. this is not something i am making you up. You had yourself divulged this on CH. CH poster Seva has corroborated this.
You are lying as usual. But never mind, you can continue spreading lies about my family. It's not my family that I was talking about. You abused the parents of multiple posters on old CH, and when I "reprimanded" you for that, gave stupid excuses like "ancient Indian philosophers did the same thing, so I will too."

You are lying youself. This exposes your lie:

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/attention-seva-1122843.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:42 am

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

You are lying youself. This exposes your lie:

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/attention-seva-1122843.htm
Seva's declarations about me are the ultimate pramana, I know. His declarations about you of course have no value. Rashmun Method!

Anyway, go join AAAA and have fun!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down