Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What right do I have to risk the lives of my staff to make a point?

+8
Propagandhi711
MaxEntropy_Man
nevada
bw
FluteHolder
southindian
Hellsangel
confuzzled dude
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What right do I have to risk the lives of my staff to make a point? Empty What right do I have to risk the lives of my staff to make a point?

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:24 pm

The free expression vs. violent reaction debate was particularly pointed for Stephen Pollard, the editor of the Jewish Chronicle, a British publication. In a series of tweets after the Paris killings, Pollard argued for not publishing.

“Easy to attack papers for not showing cartoons,” he tweeted. “But here’s my editor’s dilemma. Every principle I hold tells me to print them . . . what right do I have to risk the lives of my staff to make a point?”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/news-organizations-wrestle-with-whether-to-publish-charlie-hebdo-cartoons-after-attack/2015/01/07/841e9c8c-96bc-11e4-8005-1924ede3e54a_story.html?hpid=z1

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

What right do I have to risk the lives of my staff to make a point? Empty Re: What right do I have to risk the lives of my staff to make a point?

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:27 pm

Does that mean Arianna Huffington is very callous?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

What right do I have to risk the lives of my staff to make a point? Empty Re: What right do I have to risk the lives of my staff to make a point?

Post by southindian Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:53 pm

Born: 1839
Died: 2015

"The pen is mightier than the sword"

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/the-pen-is-mightier-than-the-sword.html
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:57 pm

southindian wrote:Born: 1839
Died: 2015

"The pen is mightier than the sword"

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/the-pen-is-mightier-than-the-sword.html

Nah! Didn't die.

What right do I have to risk the lives of my staff to make a point? B6xNVoGCUAAggQq

Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:32 pm

I was listening to a programme in NPR this afternoon about the blasphemy. One islamic scholar was saying there is 'NO mention of blasphemy in Quran' against any mocking/funny comment on Islam or Prophet. The advice given in quran is to move away from the environment where/when it is mocked or made fun of. He also told that the 'fatwa' was introduced in medieval times.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:40 pm

Charbonnier, whose pen name was “Charb,” was one of those killed Wednesday. In 2012, speaking to The Associated Press, he defended his magazine’s right under France’s laws safeguarding the freedom of expression to print crude, lewd caricatures of Islam’s founder.

“Muhammad isn’t sacred to me,” he said. “I don’t blame Muslims for not laughing at our drawings. I live under French law. I don’t live under Quranic law.”

At that time, though, the French government, as well as the White House, openly questioned not the magazine’s right to print, but its good judgment. At least 30 people had already been killed in violent protests over an amateur U.S anti-Islam video that portrayed the religion’s founder as a fraud, womanizer and child molester.

“Is it pertinent, intelligent in this context to pour oil on the fire?” French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius asked then. “The answer is no.”

In the wake of Wednesday’s bloodbath, such calls for editorial restraint vanished. French President Francois Hollande, speaking outside Charlie Hebdo’s office, said the gunmen had targeted journalists striving to “defend their ideas, and to defend precisely the freedom that the Republic protects.”
http://indianexpress.com/article/world/europe/charlie-hebdo-attack-clash-in-paris-on-whether-to-limit-press-freedom/99/

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:43 pm

Keep insinuating that it's the magazine's own damn fault, Comrade. And keep insisting that you're not being apologetic.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:53 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Keep insinuating that it's the magazine's own damn fault, Comrade. And keep insisting that you're not being apologetic.
When you take off those glasses of hatred, you will realize that it is called discussion, being neutral.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:02 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:Keep insinuating that it's the magazine's own damn fault, Comrade. And keep insisting that you're not being apologetic.
When you take off those glasses of hatred, you will realize that it is called discussion, being neutral.

Take a poll, Comrade, if you're fair and neutral.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:22 pm

i think the real discussion should be on why does one even have to wonder whether it is prudent or not to exercise one's freedom of speech.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40 pm

So now it is a given that the pieceful will slaughter any publications that make fun of their religion.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:05 pm

i have no problem with the idea that freedom of speech is sacrosanct and that the islamic terrorists deserve our scorn, and that they need to be caught and punished to the highest extent allowed by law. but when these same freedoms are curtailed by state actors, say china, somehow the world response seems more muted. realpolitik (paging kris) seems to take over. shouldn't we, citizens and residents of western democracies apply consistent standards?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:16 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i have no problem with the idea that freedom of speech is sacrosanct and that the islamic terrorists deserve our scorn, and that they need to be caught and punished to the highest extent allowed by law. but when these same freedoms are curtailed by state actors, say china, somehow the world response seems more muted. realpolitik (paging kris) seems to take over. shouldn't we, citizens and residents of western democracies apply consistent standards?

Agreed. But this is the usual diversionary tactics employed by apologists.

This happened in France, a western democracy. Not China, not Iran.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:29 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i have no problem with the idea that freedom of speech is sacrosanct and that the islamic terrorists deserve our scorn, and that they need to be caught and punished to the highest extent allowed by law. but when these same freedoms are curtailed by state actors, say china, somehow the world response seems more muted. realpolitik (paging kris) seems to take over. shouldn't we, citizens and residents of western democracies apply consistent standards?

I agree. it's first order of business for citizens of france to bomb china for curtailing freedom of press before finding those responsible for killing a dozen frenchies.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:39 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

I agree. it's first order of business for citizens of france to bomb china for curtailing freedom of press before finding those responsible for killing a dozen frenchies.

ooh, rush me to the burn unit, the sarcasm is unbearable!
i wasn't talking about the frenchies. i was talking about neutral observers like ourselves.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:50 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

i wasn't talking about the frenchies. i was talking about neutral observers like ourselves.

so you're saying we should have a round of condemnation for chinese before talking about islamic killings just so we're square on the hypocrisy front? sounds like a plan we could all agree on.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:06 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

so you're saying we should have a round of condemnation for chinese before talking about islamic killings just so we're square on the hypocrisy front? sounds like a plan we could all agree on.

No. After this round of frenzied, limpwristed breastbeating, just remember to expend at least a fraction of the effort the next time China or Saudi Arabia throw some blogger into the dungeons. Or closer home, when vandals trash a multiplex for showing PK.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:17 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
I do not understand how one can be neutral when the subject matter involves pre-meditated cold blooded murder.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:24 am

rawemotions wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
I do not understand how one can be neutral when the subject matter involves pre-meditated cold blooded murder.

True. These sickular types just lack passion or courage. On the other hand, we brave NRI Patriots are so hot-blooded, steam is rising out of our arteries at this barbaric assault on French journalists' freedom of speech.

Come one, come all. Let us now indulge in some collective limpwristed breastbeating to let off the steam.

And once that is done, let us go trash another multiplex or two which are showing PK and show those Muslims that we are no less tough when it comes to protecting our religion against sickular insults. Jai Shri Ram. Bharat Mata ki Jai.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:42 am

It is interesting the Indian origin psuedos passionately oppose protests against vandalism when Amir khan's PK and mf Husain's paintings were attacked, but suddenly offer restraint against offending Islamic images.

Freedom of expression is cherished because it protects the freedom of few when they express views provocative to other sections of society. There are legal avenues to correct mistakes. No sane society agrees that shooting down is one of them.

This particular case it is important for the rest of the press and democratic world to come together and say this particular action is protected and will be repeated.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:00 am

China  is max oblivious to facts?  Every time us president or Secretary of State goes there, they bring up multitude of freedom related issues. Same with Saudi arabia.
The fight for rights of people around the world is a long drawn affair. It is a slow process over decades.
It certainly will not advance the cause of freedom if you restrain your freedoms in the face of terror actions. It only emboldens them. They have the human resources to sacrifice to cause more terror. Will you retreat every time?
Not even the disorganized and weak Indian government would suggest that.
The choice for democratic people is to stand firm and increase pressure on terrorists by isolating them. Solution is to separate Muslim masses from Islamic terrorists.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:16 am

truthbetold wrote:It is interesting the Indian origin psuedos passionately oppose protests against vandalism when Amir khan's PK and mf Husain's paintings were attacked, but suddenly offer restraint against offending Islamic images.

Freedom of expression is cherished because it protects the freedom of few when they express views provocative to other sections of society. There are legal avenues to correct mistakes. No sane society agrees that shooting down is one of them.

This particular case it is important for the rest of the press and democratic world to come together and say this particular action is protected and will be repeated.

there is no restraint. i want these guys captured and handed the highest punishment that french law allows.  what more do you want me to say other than that i am in violent agreement with you?  that however does not negate the other point i made, i.e. when state actors, say saudi arabia cuts off arms and limbs for similar offences because someone violated some islamic proscription or some woman screwed around outside marriage, the usual suspects don't have such a frenzied response. i don't see obama making public speeches offering the woman his support or denouncing the saudi govt as terrorists. in this case the saudi govt is acting exactly like the kuachi brothers or whatever their name is. why? the easy but meaningless answer is realpolitik (paging kris).

the simple truth is that there is nothing absolute about our moral outrage.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:20 am

To be fair, I thought your favorite videographer raised the issue of the Pope refusing to meet with the Dalai Lama.

Or are you forgetting?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:20 am

truthbetold wrote:It is interesting the Indian origin psuedos passionately oppose protests against vandalism when Amir khan's PK and mf Husain's paintings were attacked, but suddenly offer restraint against offending Islamic images.

It is very interesting to see you repeat the same like a broken record without taking other factors into account. In MF Hussain's case he did apologize. The US & French govt's in the past questioned magazine's judgment. You are (as usual) mis-portraying this discussion as support of shooting down cartoonists but it is not. This discussion is about future.

What should this beer company do, discontinue that brand? would that be trampling on free expression?

A brewery that drew condemnation in the US and India for its beer that carries the name and likeness of Gandhi says it has received threats and is seeking a way to end the uproar.

New England Brewery of Connecticut posted on its Facebook page yesterday that the Gandhi-Bot beer was intended "to include the things and people in the world that have inspired us." It says it's now looking for a way to "amend this situation."

The company said it's been the target of unspecified threats and "some truly hurtful assumptions" about its employees.
http://www.outlookindia.com/news/article/US-Brewery-Receives-Threats-Over-Beer-Named-GandhiBot/876394

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:34 am

state mandated terrorism:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Saudi_Arabia#List_of_crimes

let's petition the US govt to offer support to saudi fornicators, adulterers, sodomizers, and homosexuals.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:36 am

confuzzled dude wrote:

It is very interesting to see you repeat the same like a broken record without taking other factors into account. In MF Hussain's case he did apologize. The US & French govt's in the past questioned magazine's judgment. You are (as usual) mis-portraying this discussion as support of shooting down cartoonists but it is not. This discussion is about future.

What should this beer company do, discontinue that brand? would that be trampling on free expression?

A brewery that drew condemnation in the US and India for its beer that carries the name and likeness of Gandhi says it has received threats and is seeking a way to end the uproar.

New England Brewery of Connecticut posted on its Facebook page yesterday that the Gandhi-Bot beer was intended "to include the things and people in the world that have inspired us." It says it's now looking for a way to "amend this situation."

The company said it's been the target of unspecified threats and "some truly hurtful assumptions" about its employees.
http://www.outlookindia.com/news/article/US-Brewery-Receives-Threats-Over-Beer-Named-GandhiBot/876394
And the objection in case of MF were to the life threats not about protests

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:04 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
The free expression vs. violent reaction debate was particularly pointed for Stephen Pollard, the editor of the Jewish Chronicle, a British publication. In a series of tweets after the Paris killings, Pollard argued for not publishing.

“Easy to attack papers for not showing cartoons,” he tweeted. “But here’s my editor’s dilemma. Every principle I hold tells me to print them . . . what right do I have to risk the lives of my staff to make a point?”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/news-organizations-wrestle-with-whether-to-publish-charlie-hebdo-cartoons-after-attack/2015/01/07/841e9c8c-96bc-11e4-8005-1924ede3e54a_story.html?hpid=z1

Wasn't or isn't this how your pieceful Ummah been achieving their "Goals" for a 1000 years ? non-muslims simply avioded - read minimize or save themelves - by 'giving" away their wives, sisters, and daughters, in the hope they would leave the rest alone - yeah rite.

A brianless sword swinger cannot and should not be given any room for trust. The media world over should put a picture of Muhammad walking a Pig to indicate the whole world has had enough of their shyt.

My next seat passenger was a medico prof from Rotterdam and I was surprised and shocked when he raised the issue of Islamic militarism in Europe on his own. This one is for another thread. You are a candle light when it comes to liberalism of those guys and EVEN THEY are seeing the light unlike the few desi dumb fyucks here.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:24 am

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-30714702 wrote:Unlike Charlie Hebdo, I had not set out to give offence. I am no satirist, and I do not usually enjoy hurting people's feelings. Nevertheless, I too feel that some rights are worthy of being defended - and among them is the freedom of historians to question the origin myths of religions. That was why, when I heard the news from Paris yesterday, I chose to do something I would never otherwise have done, and tweet a Charlie Hebdo cartoon of Muhammad.

The BBC, by contrast, has decided not to reproduce the cartoon for this article. Many other media organisations - though not all - have done the same. I refuse to be bound by a de facto blasphemy taboo.

While under normal circumstances I am perfectly happy not to mock beliefs that other people hold dear, these are far from normal circumstances. As I tweeted yesterday, the right to draw Muhammad without being shot is quite as precious to many of us in the West as Islam presumably is to the Charlie Hebdo killers.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:09 pm

...Looks like Mian Daud and the Maulanas have gone into a mourning period.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:34 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:...Looks like Mian Daud and the Maulanas have gone into a mourning period.

Seriously....looks like it.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:06 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:...Looks like Mian Daud and the Maulanas have gone into a mourning period.

Seriously....looks like it.

Comrade has let up on his Modi-chalisa for sure.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:47 pm

According to a story by CNNers Brian Stelter and Tom Kludt, Zucker opened an editorial meeting this morning with the following message: “‘Journalistically, every bone says we want to use and should use’ the cartoons, Zucker said. But ‘as managers, protecting and taking care of the safety of our employees around the world is more important right now.’”
The New York Times has premised its refusal to republish the most controversial Charlie Hebdo cartoons on the sensibilities of its readers: “Under Times standards, we do not normally publish images or other material deliberately intended to offend religious sensibilities. After careful consideration, Times editors decided that describing the cartoons in question would give readers sufficient information to understand today’s story.” Echoes of the “deliberately” offensive rationale ring out from top managers at the Associated Press and The Post.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2015/01/08/confirmed-fear-of-terrorism-is-driving-cnns-editorial-decisions/?hpid=z5

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:59 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

Wasn't or isn't this how your pieceful Ummah been achieving their "Goals" for a 1000 years ? non-muslims simply avioded - read minimize or save themelves - by 'giving" away their wives, sisters, and daughters, in the hope they would leave the rest alone - yeah rite.

A brianless sword swinger cannot and should not be given any room for trust.  The media world over should put a picture of Muhammad walking a Pig to indicate the whole world has had enough of their shyt.

My next seat passenger was a medico prof from Rotterdam and I was surprised and shocked when he raised the issue of Islamic militarism in Europe on his own.  This one is for another thread. You are a candle light when it comes to liberalism of those guys and EVEN THEY are seeing the light unlike the few desi dumb fyucks here.
I don't hear a peep about 1000s of civilians killed by boko haram or 60+ nonwhite (muslim) journalists that were killed/beheaded by ISIS in Syria but all we hear about is the rise of radical Islam in Europe when in reality only a minuscule of muslim population (about .01%) in Europe are muslim-chaddis. Why don't you bleeding hearts show any concern for these poor people.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:09 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

A brianless sword swinger cannot and should not be given any room for trust.  The media world over should put a picture of Muhammad walking a Pig to indicate the whole world has had enough of their shyt.

My next seat passenger was a medico prof from Rotterdam and I was surprised and shocked when he raised the issue of Islamic militarism in Europe on his own.  This one is for another thread. You are a candle light when it comes to liberalism of those guys and EVEN THEY are seeing the light unlike the few desi dumb fyucks here.
I don't hear a peep about 1000s of civilians killed by boko haram or 60+ nonwhite (muslim) journalists that were killed/beheaded by ISIS in Syria but all we hear about is rise of radical Islam in Europe when in reality only a minuscule of muslim population (about .01%) in Europe are muslim-chaddis. Why don't you bleeding hearts show any concern for these poor people.

the vast majority of the people who are victims of islamic terrorism are innocent muslims. the wingnuts in the US should understand this well. a rough analogy is their constant harping about the fact that the vast majority of victims of gun crime by black people are black people.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:21 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

I don't hear a peep about 1000s of civilians killed by boko haram or 60+ nonwhite (muslim) journalists that were killed/beheaded by ISIS in Syria but all we hear about is rise of radical Islam in Europe when in reality only a minuscule of muslim population (about .01%) in Europe are muslim-chaddis. Why don't you bleeding hearts show any concern for these poor people.

the vast majority of the people who are victims of islamic terrorism are innocent muslims. the wingnuts in the US should understand this well. a rough analogy is their constant harping about the fact that the vast majority of victims of gun crime by black people are black people.

People here have posted plenty about Saudi Arabia and Boko Haram but it is only when the victims are western or Indian you Libby apologists find your voice against all the posts here.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:44 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Dude:

iSlamis repeatedly killing muslims is primarily an Islamic problem. If the muslims themselves dont find a way to "take care of them" accepting it as a necessary collateral for doing the Mohammadan goal of killing all non-believers, it is none of anyone's business - especially that of non-muslims.

Let them die so others can live.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:16 pm

Dude:

iSlamis repeatedly killing muslims is primarily an Islamic problem. If the muslims themselves dont find a way to "take care of them" accepting it as a necessary  collateral for doing the Mohammadan goal of killing all non-believers, it is none of anyone's business - especially that of non-muslims.

Maoists are repeatedly killing civilians for decades, what is India & Indians doing about it? Does your heart bleed for them like it does for your white masters?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:19 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Dude:

iSlamis repeatedly killing muslims is primarily an Islamic problem. If the muslims themselves dont find a way to "take care of them" accepting it as a necessary  collateral for doing the Mohammadan goal of killing all non-believers, it is none of anyone's business - especially that of non-muslims.

Maoists are repeatedly killing civilians for decades, what is India & Indians doing about it? Does your heart bleed for them like it does for your white masters?

Some kind of a chip on your shoulder, Comrade?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:21 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Dude:

Some kind of a chip on your shoulder, Comrade?
No. that was my observation of this poster.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:11 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

No. After this round of frenzied, limpwristed breastbeating, just remember to expend at least a fraction of the effort the next time China or Saudi Arabia throw some blogger into the dungeons. Or closer home, when vandals trash a multiplex for showing PK.

like I said elsewhere, you got nothing to offer besides some tired old phrases. why dont you go eat some kebabs at muhanullah amanuallah restaurant in solidarity for your saudi blogger, executed kashmiri terrorist & inconvenienced bollywood actor and beat your breast with firm wrists over there while shouting death to amerika & israel?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:19 am

CD

There are many innocent victims of factionalism in rayalaseema. I do not see you ever mentioning them or shedding a tear.  

It is irrational to bring  this topic into this discussion. But it makes a point. 

looks like china and saudi are substitutes for modi and america now. What nonsensical arguments.  There are lot of things that are wrong in the world. Why do we have to drag every unrelated issue into a discussion on islamic terrorism?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:32 am

truthbetold wrote:CD

There are many innocent victims of factionalism in rayalaseema. I do not see you ever mentioning them or shedding a tear.  

It is irrational to bring  this topic into this discussion. But it makes a point. 

looks like china and saudi are substitutes for modi and america now. What nonsensical arguments.  There are lot of things that are wrong in the world. Why do we have to drag every unrelated issue into a discussion on islamic terrorism?
Nonsensical are your replies; points I made are very relevant to this discussion

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:41 am

truthbetold wrote:CD

how else are they going to find excuses in the face of the news when they cant deny what's happening?

interesting aside: 16% of french and 7% of britain's muslims apparently support isis...there are no dependable hard numbers but that jives roughly with their percentage of population in their respective countries. also very interesting that shias in the west whose ilk are largely at the receiving end of isis's uh...rule of the law, also support the larger ummah team. this is just the beginning for europe. soon their chain smoking, wine drinking with lifted pinkie lefty intellectuals might find themselves staring at the monster and wondering how to cope without doing what the US did (reduced personal freedoms, belligerent projection of military power overseas, eavesdropping, working with israel....)

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:52 am

Maybe the pinky lefty euros will take another leaf from the great american playbook and arm their population to the teeth. Then the Jean-Paul on the street can stand his ground with Karimullah.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:55 am

Wing nuts are good at distorting facts; remember DC sniper shootings from decade or so ago. They listed them under Islamic terrorist acts just bcz that guy had a Muslim name

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:56 am

or maybe they'll just come crying to uncle sam so the dirty work can be done by the war mongers with their snipers and other gun nuts and tax payers. or yet maybe they'll work sneakily to develop some subterranean humorists within the muslim community and win the war in three or four generations once the ummah develops a sense of humor and says our bad and shakes euro's hand to let bygones be bygones.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:00 am

The "American thinker" is already on the case:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/01/how_do_you_say_second_amendment_in_french.html
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:25 am

Whatever the actual size, France's Islamic minority has become a subject of concern and sometimes fear-mongering. One online poll conducted by Ipsos Mosi last year found that the average person in France thought that Muslims made up 31 percent of the population in the country, rather than 7.5 percent. As political scientist Steve Saideman puts it on his blog: "It is important to understand the real numbers, as fears of swamping generate or exacerbate xenophobia, and in pretty much every case, the populations of Muslims are so small that they are politically powerless."

And when it comes to levels of extremism within France's Islamic community, attitudes are again hard to ascertain. One recent poll suggested that 1 in 6 French citizens supported the Islamic State militant organization. When examined closely, its findings seemed incoherent and possibly flawed. (Incidentally, the earliest indications suggest that the Charlie Hebdo attack was carried out by al-Qaeda followers, who now see themselves as rivals to the Islamic State).

A more reassuring poll from 2006 found that 73 percent of French Muslims were "somewhat" or "extremely" concerned about the threat of Islamist extremism. In 2011, Gallup found that 56 percent of French Muslims felt Western societies "respected" Muslim societies. Given the variety of different backgrounds French Muslims come from, attempting to singularly define their positions may ultimately a difficult, even impossible task.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2015/01/09/map-frances-growing-muslim-population/

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:38 pm

Read this somewhere on the internet:

Insult a Jew and he'll probably give you a better come-back that insults you worse. Insult a Christian, and he'll just quote you a Bible passage forcing you to run. Insult a Buddhist and he'll ignore you and go meditate. Insult a Muslim and he'll kill you, kill your family, kill your dog, your cat, your goldfish, and your plants. SOMEBODY knows that they can't defend the crap they cling to, so they must resort to violence.

Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:59 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Read this somewhere on the internet:

Insult a Jew and he'll probably give you a better come-back that insults you worse. Insult a Christian, and he'll just quote you a Bible passage forcing you to run. Insult a Buddhist and he'll ignore you and go meditate. Insult a Muslim and he'll kill you, kill your family, kill your dog, your cat, your goldfish, and your plants. SOMEBODY knows that they can't defend the crap they cling to, so they must resort to violence.

Is that why there is no mention of this dead police officer by non-muslims.

"I am not Charlie, I am Ahmed the dead cop. Charlie ridiculed my faith and culture and I died defending his right to do so," wrote the Twitter user Dyab Abou Jahjah.

http://magazine.good.is/articles/as-a-muslim-response-to-the-charlie-hedbo-attacks

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/09/europe/paris-charlie-hebdo-attack-jesuisahmed/

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next