Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flexible vacation policy?

+3
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Hellsangel
nevada
7 posters

Go down

Flexible vacation policy? Empty Flexible vacation policy?

Post by nevada Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:31 pm

Does your employer have flexible vacation policy? I prefer the old fashioned way of earning your time off and spending what is rightfully owed to you.
Flexible vacation seems like a gimmick to me, like vonage pestering you that you are making too many calls in their so called "unlimited minutes" policy.
And then there could be some people who don't take a single day off for years to impress the bosses.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Flexible vacation policy? Empty Re: Flexible vacation policy?

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:33 pm

Vonage did that to you?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:33 pm

what is flexible vacation?

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:39 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Vonage did that to you?
Yeah, did that a few times. I think they have some algorithm that raises a red flag if you call any other number besides numbers you regularly call.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:42 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:what is flexible vacation
There are no earned PTO days. You just take time off when you need it. There is no predetermined limit. But the expectation is that you will be a "responsible" person and only take a "reasonable" amount of time off without disrupting your projects, deliverables etc.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:55 pm

nevada wrote:
There are no earned PTO days. You just take time off when you need it. There is no predetermined limit. But the expectation is that you will be a "responsible" person and only take a "reasonable" amount of time off without disrupting your projects, deliverables etc.

oh ok.. this is what we had in my small company in late 90s before the novel concept of timesheets were introduced. the only rule was to have no vacation in first 3 months, that too I broke.

if this system comes in again, I will lose my favorite timepass to look at my pto balance summary (and team calendar) and dream up vacations and allocate days for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:39 pm

nevada wrote:Does your employer have flexible vacation policy? I prefer the old fashioned way of earning your time off and spending what is rightfully owed to you.
Flexible vacation seems like a gimmick to me, like vonage pestering you that you are making too many calls in their so called "unlimited minutes" policy.
And then there could be some people who don't take a single day off for years to impress the bosses.

I would prefer a flexible retirement policy. I want retirement till 50 or 60 years then work after that.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:20 pm

nevada wrote:Does your employer have flexible vacation policy? I prefer the old fashioned way of earning your time off and spending what is rightfully owed to you.
I never had this issue with Vonage and I call to many countries. I stay connected for hours in Europe, Asia and US and never had such issue with them.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:29 pm

southindian wrote:
I never had this issue with Vonage and I call to many countries. I stay connected for hours in Europe, Asia and US and never had such issue with them.

Avivek, their algorithm probably makes exceptions for the differently-abled. Vonage wouldn't want to be sued under ADA.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:07 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
southindian wrote:

Avivek, their algorithm probably makes exceptions for the differently-abled. Vonage wouldn't want to be sued under ADA.

Harlot Daruwali aunty PMS'ing?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:24 am

nevada wrote:
>>>I don't know if this will work across the board, unless you are not getting paid the time you are taking off. I can see something like this in small groups where there is camaraderie, but it will open up room for political conflicts the group gets bigger.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down