Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bang bang shoot shoot news

2 posters

Go down

bang bang shoot shoot news Empty bang bang shoot shoot news

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:43 pm

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-gun-ownership-record-low-20150310-story.html

Only 14 percent of adults under age 35, but 31 percent of those over age 65, say they personally own a gun. That gap has increased over time — in 1980, younger adults were only slightly less likely than older ones to report that they owned a gun.

Gun ownership rates also vary by race, with 4 in 10 white Americans living in households with a gun compared with less than 2 in 10 blacks and Hispanics.

Blacks and Hispanics are also more likely than whites to support requiring a permit to own a gun, although large majorities among all three groups support requiring a permit.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

bang bang shoot shoot news Empty Re: bang bang shoot shoot news

Post by Hellsangel Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:44 pm

Oh! I thought you were talking about the peaceful protests in Ferguson. My apologies.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:48 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Oh! I thought you were talking about the peaceful protests in Ferguson. My apologies.

not one comment about the DOJ report on the openly racist local government or police department, but out like a flash with the snark after the shooting eh?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:01 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:Oh! I thought you were talking about the peaceful protests in Ferguson. My apologies.

not one comment about the DOJ report on the openly racist local government or police department, but out like a flash with the snark after the shooting eh?

I bet the same can be said of all the Libbies here, including yourself who jumped up and down on the DOJ report, but are silent on 'gun violence' in Ferguson now.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:06 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

I bet the same can be said of all the Libbies here, including yourself who jumped up and down on the  DOJ report, but are silent on 'gun violence' in Ferguson now.

you typically have nothing to say about shootings. the only reason this interests you is because you suspect the perpetrator to be from a group that the gun lobby usually likes to rant about, and is usually shown as a counter example to the gun toting white southerner.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:13 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

I bet the same can be said of all the Libbies here, including yourself who jumped up and down on the  DOJ report, but are silent on 'gun violence' in Ferguson now.

you typically have nothing to say about shootings. the only reason this interests you is because you suspect the perpetrator to be from a group that the gun lobby usually likes to rant about, and is usually shown as a counter example to the gun toting white southerner.  

Oh. I don't care what group the perpetrator is from. The point is law enforcement is always at risk.
Case in point.
When armed law enforcement is at risk, it is stupid to deny that right to the civilian population.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:16 pm

anyway, back to the original post. despite the NRA's unrelenting efforts, their cause doesn't interest young people as much. that at least is heartening. the majority of gun owners are paranoid older folks who have an apocalyptic vision of the world, and who have been led to believe that the government is going to take everything away from them, and they need a gun to defend themselves from said government.

millenials and other younger folks thankfully seem to have a more rational world view.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:26 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:anyway, back to the original post. despite the NRA's unrelenting efforts, their cause doesn't interest young people as much. that at least is heartening. the majority of gun owners are paranoid older folks who have an apocalyptic vision of the world, and who have been led to believe that the government is going to take everything away from them, and they need a gun to defend themselves from said government.

millenials and other younger folks thankfully seem to have a more rational world view.

Yippie kay yay!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down