Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bride rejects groom in UP after he fails simple arithmetic test

+6
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Propagandhi711
southindian
Impedimenta
Vakavaka Pakapaka
MaxEntropy_Man
10 posters

Go down

bride rejects groom in UP after he fails simple arithmetic test Empty bride rejects groom in UP after he fails simple arithmetic test

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:02 am

http://news.yahoo.com/groom-fails-math-test-indian-bride-walks-wedding-065433753.html
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

bride rejects groom in UP after he fails simple arithmetic test Empty Re: bride rejects groom in UP after he fails simple arithmetic test

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:44 am

Looks like BIMARU bhaiyyas are destined to become either naishtika brahmacharis or, if they are Sikular in outlook, CONmen who worship the sacred haath!

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

bride rejects groom in UP after he fails simple arithmetic test Empty Re: bride rejects groom in UP after he fails simple arithmetic test

Post by Impedimenta Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:49 am

LOL, maybe he lied to get out of the marrying :-)

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:09 am

What's the focus of discussion here again? That the bride rejected the groom or the groom failed a simple math test or that they hail from UP (read north india) or the ills of the Indian arranged marriage system?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:37 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/groom-fails-math-test-indian-bride-walks-wedding-065433753.html

I just gave a test for my wife and she was wrong. Can I divorce her now?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:40 am

LOL. What can I say about these northindians. This could never happen in southindia.

Truly enjoyed the amicable settlement and exchange back of gifts.... so uncharacteristically northindian.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:47 am

Kinnera wrote:What's the focus of discussion here again? That the bride rejected the groom or the groom failed a simple math test or that they hail from UP (read north india) or the ills of the Indian arranged marriage system?
It shows that the Indian woman, even in a remote village, can have the final say in getting married to a man selected by her parents in arranged marriage. Btw I have heard about several cases in our area (H.P. villages) where the grooms were rejected / dropped by the brides' families and the weddings canceled just a few days before  the wedding dates because there were doubts about the grooms' professional qualifications etc.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:53 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Kinnera wrote:What's the focus of discussion here again? That the bride rejected the groom or the groom failed a simple math test or that they hail from UP (read north india) or the ills of the Indian arranged marriage system?
It shows that the Indian woman, even in a remote village, can have the final say in getting married to a man selected by her parents in arranged marriage. Btw I have heard about several cases in our area (H.P. villages) where the grooms were rejected / dropped by the brides' families and the weddings canceled just a few days before  the wedding dates because there were doubts about the grooms' professional qualifications etc.
That was a pleasant surprise.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:56 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
More power to women! A cousin of mine broke the engagement because the groom asked her not to cut her hair short after marriage. Said he liked his wife to be a traditional indian wife with long hair.

Another rejected the groom coz he forced her to take alcohol along with him at a restaurant eventhough she complained about a queasy stomach and that she was in mood to take it.

Another broke the engagement coz the guy didn't turn up at the airport to pick her up coz 'he forgot about it.'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:00 am

Kinnera wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:
More power to women! A cousin of mine broke the engagement because the groom asked her not to cut her hair short after marriage. Said he liked his wife to be a traditional indian wife with long hair.

Another rejected the groom coz he forced her to take alcohol along with him at a restaurant eventhough she complained about a queasy stomach and that she was in mood to take it.

Another broke the engagement coz the guy didn't turn up at the airport to pick her up coz 'he forgot about it.'

a batchmate of mine got rejected after engagement coz she didn't like his friends. "you friends are so cheap. tumhari sangat aisi hai to tum kaise hoge'. Bam. (I secretly lol'ed coz he was really the awara banjara type back then)

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:10 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/groom-fails-math-test-indian-bride-walks-wedding-065433753.html

I just gave a test for my wife and she was wrong.  Can I divorce her now?

it depends...what test was it?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:12 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

a batchmate of mine got rejected after engagement coz she didn't like his friends. "you friends are so cheap. tumhari sangat aisi hai to tum kaise hoge'. Bam. (I secretly lol'ed coz he was really the awara banjara type back then)
Actually, i heard about a guy breaking the engagement with the girl because he didn't like her FB pix with her male friends. She seems 'too close to them.'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:16 am

Kinnera wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Actually, i heard about a guy breaking the engagement with the girl because he didn't like her FB pix with her male friends. She seems 'too close to them.'

i love how everything is so public about relationships, especially in india... e'one weighs in the reasons and find a justification.

my parents wanted to take up some local peeps and 'explain' to them why we got divorced. I was like, 'nothing doing.. you are not gonna badmouth the father of my kids'. So they backed out and say nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:45 am

Kinnera wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

Wait....either he rejected her coz of her pix, or asked her to take them down and she was like, 'get lost, dork' and broke the engagement. The issue was her FB pix. Either way, the girl was happy i was told.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:13 pm

>>>Okay. That's it, that's it! This needs to stop. If this catches on, we as a species are going to become extinct in short order.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:24 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:

i love how everything is so public about relationships, especially in india... e'one weighs in the reasons and find a justification.
>>>>This is the bane of our society. Very early on I realized that information should always be provided on a 'need to know' basis. 

P.S. Of course, I play the Indian card with my sons. Anytime they invoke privacy rights, I tell them they were born Indian (birth certificate notwithstanding) and they don't have any such rights:)

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:31 pm

Kris wrote:

>>>Okay. That's it, that's it! This needs to stop. If this catches on, we as a species are going to become extinct in short order.

maybe some ppl dont need to reproduce...you ever think about that?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:02 pm

Kris wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

>>>>This is the bane of our society. Very early on I realized that information should always be provided on a 'need to know' basis. 

P.S. Of course, I play the Indian card with my sons. Anytime they invoke privacy rights, I tell them they were born Indian (birth certificate notwithstanding) and they don't have any such rights:)

the first time I decided about separation 6 years ago, it was a big scene... xh's parents came from india... when I told one of our friends, another friend was already visiting us from india with his family and staying with us... that friend said he wants to come over and talk it out. we have been close friends for years, and had discussed issues earlier, so I was like ok. We spent the whole day talking about it... in a room alone with the two of them (and they talked with xh alone too) ... and then later alone with the two wives. The wives group-cried with me as I talked, pretty much all through it, that night when talking, next morning at the breakfast... And we hugged and everything. Husbands said ok, fine do it if you wanna... wives were like, 'we are with you no matter what u do'. That friend went back... the other sat down with me discussing the finances (that I was already going though with our lawyer), helping me put numbers in a spreadsheet, discussing options about the house, child support, alimony, and e'thing else. Until then I had told xh's parents that the kids and I will leave the house, and they were fine with it... over time it began making sense to e'one that xh should leave and I should stay put with the kids until we sell the house. the india-friend also talked with xh, and xh, while didn't want anything, agreed it was a much better option for the kids... should have seen x-fil's face going red with anger when he heard that lol...  

anyway, the second time I asked xh to leave, I emailed e'one and said I don't want to talk about it, so no one better do. and people just replied, sorry and all. (there was a middle second time too, but that time we had lived together barely 5 days, so the reunion didn't count).

third time, I think I didn't even tell anyone.

our divorce date was a Friday... that old friend had invited us for a party on Saturday. I said I will come with the kids, provided he tell other guests beforehand about the divorce, so that no one asks me awkward questions about xh. He made sure the scene was good to me.

after that, people never knew what's the scene... only when we would meet would they know if xh is with us or not.

and they just laugh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:07 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

5 + 3 x 2 = ?

she said 16.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:14 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

5 + 3 x 2 = ?

she said 16.

how old is she and are your kids are out of the house and does she cook, do the chores etc without being whiny abt it? 

if you say 40+, yes the kids are in college, no shes's a horrible cook & lazy then you have a very strong case...infact, what're you still doing with her would be my question to you. the math question is just the last straw.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:24 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

5 + 3 x 2 = ?

she said 16.

how old is she and are your kids are out of the house and does she cook, do the chores etc without being whiny abt it? 

if you say 40+, yes the kids are in college, no shes's a horrible cook & lazy then you have a very strong case...infact, what're you still doing with her would be my question to you. the math question is just the last straw.

She said assumed parenthesis at proper places as she knew i never explained anything properly....

so...in the end.... i lose...as always.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:25 pm

Kris wrote:

Smile. Actually, she got full support from everyone around, even the older folks. He was working in a different city, she was living in a different one. She applied for a job in his city and got a call for the interview. She was going there to attend the interview and he was supposed to pick her up, but forgot. The girl was super pissed and disappointed. Elders were like, 'if he's like this before marriage, imagine how he'd be after. Scrap the engagement!' And this was in India. People are progressing Razz.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:32 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

5 + 3 x 2 = ?

she said 16.

She said assumed parenthesis at proper places as she knew i never explained anything properly....

maybe...just maybe, she wants to get rid of you, saami and this is just one way to do it. Razz. Just think abt it. The kids are out on their own and all grown up. Your divorcing doesn't affect them at all. She can happily walk out with half the property+monthly alimony. Can live the rest of her life without your botheration Razz. A totally win situation for her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

5 + 3 x 2 = ?

she said 16.
That's a computer-like answer ... you probably are not "using" her talent / mind to the full potential (in IT etc., for example).
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:11 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Kris wrote:

maybe some ppl dont need to reproduce...you ever think about that?
>>You may have a point there.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:19 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

5 + 3 x 2 = ?

she said 16.

maybe...just maybe, she wants to get rid of you, saami and this is just one way to do it. Razz. Just think abt it. The kids are out on their own and all grown up. Your divorcing doesn't affect them at all. She can happily walk out with half the property+monthly alimony. Can live the rest of her life without your botheration Razz. A totally win situation for her.
>>>There is some doubt in your mind? Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:21 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Kris wrote:

Smile. Actually, she got full support from everyone around, even the older folks. He was working in a different city, she was living in a different one. She applied for a job in his city and got a call for the interview. She was going there to attend the interview and he was supposed to pick her up, but forgot. The girl was super pissed and disappointed. Elders were like, 'if he's like this before marriage, imagine how he'd be after. Scrap the engagement!' And this was in India. People are progressing Razz.
>>>She could have gotten a cab, you know. Now, there is one more thing to remember. darn it..

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:41 pm

what are other grounds for breaking engagements these days?

not doing a like on fb/instagram picture?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:42 pm

Kris wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Kris wrote:

>>>She could have gotten a cab, you know. Now, there is one more thing to remember. darn it..
actually, the forgetting is just an excuse/last piece of straw for the breakup, i guess. Looks like there were doubts about him even before that incident happened. Other things like, 'he is a weirdo, a total introvert, nvr showed any enthusiasm to talk to her', etc came up later.

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:55 pm

If somehow there was a Hindu-Muslim angle in this story, there would be enough angles in just this one story to fuel discussions here for a year!  clap We wouldn't need any other thread for a few months...

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:50 pm

i liked this comment:
"He couldn't add, so she subtracted herself from the equation.
The two will NOT go forth and multiply.
The families are divided on this issue."

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down