Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H1Bs from India taking away jobs from qualified Americans

+4
Impedimenta
swapna
southindian
pravalika nanda
8 posters

Go down

H1Bs from India taking away jobs from qualified Americans Empty H1Bs from India taking away jobs from qualified Americans

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:22 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/04/us/last-task-after-layoff-at-disney-train-foreign-replacements.html?_r=0

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

H1Bs from India taking away jobs from qualified Americans Empty Re: H1Bs from India taking away jobs from qualified Americans

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:28 am

why don't middle-class indians working for companies like infosys and tata stay there? when you take the smog, dirt and rapists out india is a terrific democracy to live in if you're educated and middle-class. in the olden days people had no choice but to move to america but not now, india is full of opportunities. indians should stay in india.
these h1bs have no loans to pay, no responsibilities, they get spoonfed and coddled their entire life and then they just saunter into these jobs. and then they still complain about not having maids. in india the caste system allows them to have maids and cheap labor (talk about capitalism), so why not stay in india?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

H1Bs from India taking away jobs from qualified Americans Empty Re: H1Bs from India taking away jobs from qualified Americans

Post by southindian Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:43 am

Psst... Psst...

The H1B jobs are offered by companies in USA. The H1B Indians don't cross the border in USA from Mexico.

*whisper* Talk to the companies in USA with your suggestions.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:49 pm

when you take the smog, dirt, rapists and northindians out, india is a terrific democracy to live in if you're educated and middle-class. 
see amendment in red text above.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:15 am

not sure about anything else but you got the "complaint about not having a maid" part right. So, what's for lunch?

I'm having thai.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:28 am

Impedimenta wrote:not sure about anything else but you got the "complaint about not having a maid" part right. So, what's for lunch?

I'm having thai.

elumichcha saaththamidhu, muLaikeerai with jeeragam, pachai kaththirikAi payaththam paruppu kootu, thachimammu with mAvadu.

Now,

nalamthAnae? romba naaLaachchu!

adhu enna 'thAi' - angae enna saapdreenga? green/red curry based entree eh? illai basil kalandhadha?

viswaroopam- ley, the very first line of kamalahAsan to Andrea maadhiri " ...neenga sonnaa dhaan correctA irukkum...

so that I can check it out next time.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:52 am

garam_kuta wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:not sure about anything else but you got the "complaint about not having a maid" part right. So, what's for lunch?

I'm having thai.

elumichcha saaththamidhu, muLaikeerai with jeeragam, pachai kaththirikAi payaththam paruppu kootu, thachimammu with mAvadu.

Now,

adhu enna 'thAi' - angae enna saapdreenga? green/red curry based entree eh? illai basil kalandhadha?

viswaroopam- ley, the very first line of kamalahAsan to Andrea maadhiri " ...neenga sonnaa dhaan correctA irukkum...

"thai" endraal "amma" illaya?

ayyo, ippodhu enna fashion peyaru! "andrea" thamizh peNNudaya peyara? sollungal.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:08 am

swapna wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

I'm having thai.

Now,

ayyo, ippodhu enna fashion peyaru! "andrea" thamizh peNNudaya peyara? sollungal.

aam...thAi endrAl amma... i asked because of G3's association with  "thai thai thakka thai..." Very Happy

on andrea.....

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:20 am

[quote="garam_kuta"]
swapna wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

I'm having thai.

Now,

aam...thAi endrAl amma... i asked because of G3's association with  "thai thai thakka thai..." Very Happy

watch ~ 9:40 andrea and kamal haasan that i referred to...
on andrea.....

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:34 pm

Being in IT, and for someone who did come to US on H1 a long time ago, and then facing this:

When I came to US in late 90's, my boss used to be a bartender, before she joined IT. I was shocked.

How? The demand was such. You could not be an engineer, but you could be a manager.

Fast forward 12 years. 

I met this middle aged guy while working for Federal Govt. He did not come out as very bright. You know the kind who cannot spell even the word "receive" correctly? They look at you, to dictate to them, when they type their email to someone, because they have no idea what they are talking about?

I was shocked again. 

Hard core Americans, who will NOT be hired as Clerks in India, based on their qualifications.

But then I hit this new wave of H1s from India, being in IT.

To many, I wondered - Which College did you even go to?

Suddenly, there were 1000s of them, not in Federal Govt (which requires Security Cleared Citizens), but at other places.

Shabbily dressed, with very low IQ, which I am sure is not enough for them to get them admission to any Indian B. Tech. College.

How are they here in US?

They always come up with some vague, random Engineering college name in India, that they graduated from.

Hmm.

Some of them so bad, that I got reminded of my first American manager again - They cannot speak ONE sentence clearly, and will never find a job even in India.

But guess what, they are here!

Because someone they are related to, is here, who got them here!

That is H1 to you in 2015.

Geez,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:45 am

Are you saying, with their influx, they sullied the image of the indians in the US?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:15 am

pravalika nanda wrote:why don't middle-class indians working for companies like infosys and tata stay there? when you take the smog, dirt and rapists out india is a terrific democracy to live in if you're educated and middle-class. in the olden days people had no choice but to move to america but not now, india is full of opportunities. indians should stay in india.
these h1bs have no loans to pay, no responsibilities, they get spoonfed and coddled their entire life and then they just saunter into these jobs. and then they still complain about not having maids. in india the caste system allows them to have maids and cheap labor (talk about capitalism), so why not stay in india?

Ha... ha..

India is neither terrific nor a great democracy but is a good source of cheap labor. One can get a cook with a salary for less than 100$ per month, and a maid for housekeeping for less than 50$.

You are right about caste system providing cheap labor.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:16 pm

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:why don't middle-class indians working for companies like infosys and tata stay there? when you take the smog, dirt and rapists out india is a terrific democracy to live in if you're educated and middle-class. in the olden days people had no choice but to move to america but not now, india is full of opportunities. indians should stay in india.

Ha... ha..

India is neither terrific nor a great democracy but is a good source of cheap labor. One can get a cook with a salary for less than 100$ per month, and a maid for housekeeping for less than 50$.

Caste System field is more level now. i know of my many relatives (well to do) employing brahmin stay at home cooks and one letting a couple of college Tambrahmi girls live and study in return for tutoring their kids.

you are right. the use of cheap labor now runs across the spectrum and fields.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:29 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Ponniyin Selvan wrote:

Ha... ha..

Caste System field is more level now. i know of my many relatives (well to do) employing brahmin stay at home cooks and one letting a couple of college Tambrahmi girls live and study in return for tutoring their kids.

Well to do folks even in olden days employed Brahmin cooks mainly due to the reason that they are perceived to have clean habits.

I am talking about the general public who can afford cooks and maids in India because physical labor is cheap.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:31 pm

Ponniyin Selvan wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Ponniyin Selvan wrote:

Ha... ha..

Well to do folks even in olden days employed Brahmin cooks mainly due to the reason that they are perceived to have clean habits.

I am talking about the general public who can afford cooks and maids in India because physical labor is cheap.

You are "implying" Tamil Nadu caste system. If you mean cheap labor, then it is true. Just look at the scores of Biharis and UPites taking up all the construction and other low-skilled jobs. So, the caste system indeed has become a level playing field.

There will NEVER be a perfectly flat playing field - in any society.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:57 pm

garam_kuta wrote:Are you saying, with their influx, they sullied the image of the indians in the US?

saamiyAr, with your vast experience and acute observations, do you endorse the above?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:49 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:Are you saying, with their influx, they sullied the image of the indians in the US?

saamiyAr, with your vast experience and acute observations, do you endorse the above?

The company guys who contract out are not taking these people for granted anymore. At the hiring - contracting level - it is now well known that Desi H1Bs do a lot of trickery. The result is they play safe by contracting with the biggies - with conditions and preconditions, and dont hesitate to send the bad apples back.

Of course, one good thing is Americans are also getting dumber, and the public does not know about these 3rd rate H1Bs.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down