Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

synthetic engine oil

5 posters

Go down

synthetic engine oil Empty synthetic engine oil

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:25 pm

been using mobil one for the longest for my car and just switched to this oil called lubro moly synthetic from germany. holy crap what an improvement. highly recommend if you have a performance vehicle or just want longevity and smoothness from the engine.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

synthetic engine oil Empty Re: synthetic engine oil

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:35 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:been using mobil one for the longest for my car and just switched to this oil called lubro moly synthetic from germany. holy crap what an improvement. highly recommend if you have a performance vehicle or just want longevity and smoothness from the engine.

Razz too many contradictions in your post.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:43 am

I am aware of the Lubro Moly brand and use their products on my car but haven't tried their synthetic oil as I have been happy with Mobil 1. Next time I do the oil change, I'll try LM and see if it is better. Thanks for the suggestion.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:30 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:I am aware of the Lubro Moly brand and use their products on my car but haven't tried their synthetic oil as I have been happy with Mobil 1. Next time I do the oil change, I'll try LM and see if it is better. Thanks for the suggestion.
I wonder what the word "synthetic" means in this case, i.e. what is being synthesized here? Does it involve the mixing of a couple of regular oils to create  the "new" synthetic oil, or is it the product derived from different non-oily substances / liquids? It could also be oil derived from the recycled furnace oil, which some people claim is also a good lubricant.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:39 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:I am aware of the Lubro Moly brand and use their products on my car but haven't tried their synthetic oil as I have been happy with Mobil 1. Next time I do the oil change, I'll try LM and see if it is better. Thanks for the suggestion.
I wonder what the word "synthetic" means in this case, i.e. what is being synthesized here? Does it involve the mixing of a couple of regular oils to create  the "new" synthetic oil, or is it the product derived from different non-oily substances / liquids? It could also be oil derived from the recycled furnace oil, which some people claim is also a good lubricant.

google is your best friend

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:45 am

dont ask for them in regular oil change places (heck I'd never get an oil change at jiffy lube, walmart type places to begin with) but if you see a mechanic specializing in german cars (I remember you have a benz?), they should have it. make sure they flush out the older, non-synthetic oil first. also there are reports of oil leaks increasing when synthetic oils are used but I dont know what's the story there or if it's even true. for now my car feels like it's got 20 more hp than earlier, it's amazing. expensive for sure, like 11 bucks per quart & the filter is 20 bucks

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:17 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:

dont ask for them in regular oil change places (heck I'd never get an oil change at jiffy lube, walmart type places to begin with) but if you see a mechanic specializing in german cars (I remember you have a benz?), they should have it. make sure they flush out the older, non-synthetic oil first. also there are reports of oil leaks increasing when synthetic oils are used but I dont know what's the story there or if it's even true. for now my car feels like it's got 20 more hp than earlier, it's amazing. expensive for sure, like 11 bucks per quart & the filter is 20 bucks

You could have synthetic oil leaks out of your crankshaft seals - if your car has 75K miles or more and if it was not maintained well.

if that happens, donate your high-end vehicle to me and get a higher-end vehicle.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:46 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

You could have synthetic oil leaks out of your crankshaft seals - if your car has 75K miles or more and if it was not maintained well.

if that happens, donate your high-end vehicle to me and get a higher-end vehicle.

might have been true in early days of synthetic oil like 30+ yrs ago when seal swell characteristics of mineral vs synthetic were quite different. 

not properly maintained, with worn seals and gaskets, any car will start leaking oil, regardless of type of oil you use. higher the mileage more the risk. that's not gonna be me

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:38 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:been using mobil one for the longest for my car and just switched to this oil called lubro moly synthetic from germany. holy crap what an improvement. highly recommend if you have a performance vehicle or just want longevity and smoothness from the engine.
junnu may be even better for your car.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:56 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

I have been doing my own oil changes. Autohausaz.com sells German auto products. I just checked - they do carry Lubro Moly synthetic oil. If your purchase is $75, they ship for free. I switched to synthetic oil long time ago and experienced no leaks. So, switching to Lubro Moly won't be a problem.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down