Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paging Indo ...

+4
Propagandhi711
swapna
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
goodcitizn
8 posters

Go down

Paging Indo ... Empty Paging Indo ...

Post by goodcitizn Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:53 pm

What happened to Cryptics?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Paging Indo ... Empty Re: Paging Indo ...

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:56 pm

goodcitizn wrote:What happened to Cryptics?

First find out what happened to Indo...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:19 pm

cryptics left with indo; indo left because he was not adequately "renumerated" for his work.

are you still trying to convince northindians, using rational arguments, that the "imposition" of hindi on thamizhars and other southern indians is unjust, and are the northindians still kicking you in the teeth?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:29 pm

swapna wrote:
cryptics left with indo; indo left because he was not adequately "renumerated" for his work.

are you still trying to convince northindians, using rational arguments, that the "imposition" of hindi on thamizhars and other southern indians is unjust, and are the northindians still kicking you in the teeth?
What does "remunerated" mean?

Why are you digressing to a totally impertinent subject?

Did nurse Raniammai don your diaper a bit too tightly this morning?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:34 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:

What does "remunerated" mean?

Why are you digressing to a totally impertinent subject?

Did nurse Raniammai don your diaper a bit too tightly this morning?
rofl rofl rofl

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:07 pm

he posted once saying he was really busy. either that, or he was disheartened when the "elite" boycotted his cryptics, coz of me, I think. For the first time in my life, I realized what discrimination must feel like. There I was, enthusiastic about learning something new, and there i was, facing all kinds of accusations of cheating and hissy fits, direct and indirect. "sorry, this club is closed to you, go back to your ghetto".

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:54 pm

Indo is a scholarly person with a lot of knowledge in Sanskrit, Hindu traditions and history. If he is feeling bad because of some extremely Sikular behavior of someone on the Coffeehouse, there are several others on this board who admire and appreciate him. If he is reading this post, I urge him to come back and participate. The Coffeehouse isn't the same without Indo.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:25 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

he posted once saying he was really busy. either that, or he was disheartened when the "elite" boycotted his cryptics, coz of me, I think. For the first time in my life, I realized what discrimination must feel like. There I was, enthusiastic about learning something new, and there i was, facing all kinds of accusations of cheating and hissy fits, direct and indirect. "sorry, this club is closed to you, go back to your ghetto."

I don't remember anyone boycotting his cryptics. Of course, I have been on a hiatus and don't know much about the happenings here. As P.G.Wodehouse would say, "Indo was a good egg, a man even in the darkest hour carrying a sunny disposition"! :-)

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:26 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Indo is a scholarly person with a lot of knowledge in Sanskrit, Hindu traditions and history. If he is feeling bad because of some extremely Sikular behavior of someone on the Coffeehouse, there are several others on this board who admire and appreciate him. If he is reading this post, I urge him to come back and participate. The Coffeehouse isn't the same without Indo.

+1.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:13 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

First find out what happened to Indo...
That's why it's important to have someone reliable and close to you on the Internet to post info. about you (the whereabouts and other details e.g. health condition etc.) in case you are no longer visible on the Internet. Hopefully, Indo is okay.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:31 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

he posted once saying he was really busy. either that, or he was disheartened when the "elite" boycotted his cryptics, coz of me, I think. For the first time in my life, I realized what discrimination must feel like. There I was, enthusiastic about learning something new, and there i was, facing all kinds of accusations of cheating and hissy fits, direct and indirect. "sorry, this club is closed to you, go back to your ghetto".

common, BK, man up:) Wink

look at Seven- BTDT, in fact, much worse IMO, but she never acceded to bullying and withdrew.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:20 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:08 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

look at Seven- BTDT, in fact, much worse IMO, but she never acceded to bullying and withdrew.  

oh, personally I think that was my only real victory last year. I did continue solving them, until there was indo willing to post them, and willing to solve them if I posted. The jealousies did bother me, but I reasoned that it was sort of expected. people do think certain domains are only there's and can get possessive/jealous and/or feel threatened. I broke that sanctity, in their mind. So all the reaction and commotion that happened, was to happen. Happens. Unfair, but not uncommon.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:15 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

oh, personally I think that was my only real victory last year. I did continue solving them, until there was indo willing to post them, and willing to solve them if I posted. The jealousies did bother me, but I reasoned that it was sort of expected. people do think certain domains are only there's and can get possessive/jealous and/or feel threatened. I broke that sanctity, in their mind. So all the reaction and commotion that happened, was to happen. Happens. Unfair, but not uncommon.
theirs not there's.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down