Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How is Modi's US visit furthers....

+3
Kris
confuzzled dude
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
7 posters

Go down

How is Modi's US visit furthers.... Empty How is Modi's US visit furthers....

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:04 pm

....how many CEOs ever met Madam Mohan Singh or Would have met Pappu the Prince

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

How is Modi's US visit furthers.... Empty Re: How is Modi's US visit furthers....

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:09 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Nice photo op sessions. I don't expect any substantive outcome of these sessions. Wonder when will these idiot bhakts learn a thing or two from the Chinese.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

How is Modi's US visit furthers.... Empty Re: How is Modi's US visit furthers....

Post by Kris Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:39 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

Nice photo op sessions. I don't expect any substantive outcome of these sessions. Wonder when will these idiot bhakts learn a thing or two from the Chinese.
>>>Why is that?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:10 pm

Kris wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

>>>Why is that?
Track record; his previous visits to a slew of countries yielded nothing.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:01 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kris wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

>>>Why is that?
>>>>Your personal feelings about him aside, I don't think this short a time frame is indicative of anything, positive or negative. Businesses are not going to jump in headlong on the basis of a few months of interaction. His opponents were in power for decades and didn't exactly engender dynamite growth. Time will tell. As of now, the country is a big market, the rest of the world has some instability issues and he is signaling an 'open for business' approach and there are some Indians who are key decision makers in the business world. The danger of course lies in India not being able to walk the talk on business-friendliness. I think we will have a better idea in a couple of years. It is too early now to turn in the verdict.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:21 am

Kris wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Kris wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

>>>Why is that?
>>>>Your personal feelings about him aside, I don't think this short a time frame is indicative of anything, positive or negative. Businesses are not going to jump in headlong on the basis of a few months of interaction. His opponents were in power for decades and didn't exactly engender dynamite growth. Time will tell. As of now, the country is a big market, the rest of the world has some instability issues and he is signaling an 'open for business' approach and there are some Indians who are key decision makers in the business world. The danger of course lies in India not being able to walk the talk on business-friendliness. I think we will have a better idea in a couple of years. It is too early now to turn in the verdict.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:40 pm

Kris wrote:
Kris, Check the facts first please, don't fall for this buffoon's sloganeering. What did Vibrant Gujarat accomplish in terms of FDIs wrt comparable states like AP, TN or Karnataka? and Surat benefited more from its proximity to Mumbai than anything else.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:57 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kris wrote:
Kris, Check the facts first please, don't fall for this buffoon's sloganeering. What did Vibrant Gujarat accomplish in terms of FDIs wrt comparable states like AP, TN or Karnataka? and Surat benefited more from its proximity to Mumbai than anything else.
>>>I  am not falling for the sloganeering, but what I am saying is to wait and see. I am cautiously optimistic. There are larger forces at work that make India attractive, outside the realm of politics. Listen to Pichai's speech which I posted. To Modi's credit, he is out there pitching it.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:12 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kris wrote:

go with jesus

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:17 pm

saamiyaar is applying so much butter to the northindians and in the process is turnng into a northindian like seven/BK/southindian.
just look at the title of the thread. only northindians and elementary school kids make such mistakes.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:03 pm

Mr PM met with Mark Zuckerberg who came with his parents. PM congratulated his parents for giving birth to him. I personally find that very Mahabharat yug like and extremely sweet. I also hear Modi spoke his piece effectively and said all the right things. A brilliant speaker. 

I wasn's born when Jawahar Lal Nehru became our PM or Indira Gandhi's time. I feel people must have loved their leaders and were proud of them like i feel about Modi.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:41 pm

modi? shrug.
where is the reporter who wrinkled his shirtsleeves? that's what i'm interested in.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:41 pm

seven wrote:Mr PM met with Mark Zuckerberg who came with his parents. PM congratulated his parents for giving birth to him. I personally find that very Mahabharat yug like and extremely sweet. I also hear Modi spoke his piece effectively and said all the right things. A brilliant speaker. 

I wasn's born when Jawahar Lal Nehru became our PM or Indira Gandhi's time. I feel people must have loved their leaders and were proud of them like i feel about Modi.
Really! is he not aware of how Zuckerberg stole the idea of his seniors @ Harvard?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:54 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
seven wrote:Mr PM met with Mark Zuckerberg who came with his parents. PM congratulated his parents for giving birth to him. I personally find that very Mahabharat yug like and extremely sweet. I also hear Modi spoke his piece effectively and said all the right things. A brilliant speaker. 

Really! is he not aware of how Zuckerberg stole the idea of his seniors @ Harvard?
i thought of it too. But then i thought we are not in satyug. so modi is fine in congratulating Mark's parents for giving birth to a smart kid. 

you seem to be an idealist.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:00 pm

seven wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

i thought of it too. But then i thought we are not in satyug. so modi is fine in congratulating Mark's parents for giving birth to a smart kid. 

you seem to be an idealist.
Is that what you're going to teach your kids that get rich, by hook or crook. No, I will NEVER suggest that to my kids.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down