Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andhra Pradesh economy

+2
Vakavaka Pakapaka
truthbetold
6 posters

Go down

Andhra Pradesh economy Empty Andhra Pradesh economy

Post by truthbetold Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:12 am

It is really sad to see the way the new state of Andhra Pradesh is struggling to find resources just to stay afloat. Most of revenue of former state is in Hyd and easy money is in cyberabad.  Ap got zilch for its 60 years of investment in capital.  It is building the state, cities and revenue source from scratch.  There is no booming industry like IT industry around 2000. So they have to built the old fashioned way,  from the ground up. 

Central govt gave promised educational institutions and few urban development grants.  But modi failed to deliver on central support.  State expected 20K but got 5k for specific schemes.  That is in proportion to what other states got.  In other words no additional help from center despite promises by then PM  MMS in Parliament and by modi during electioneering.  Limited help was obtained by the work of Venkaiah and Nirmala sitaraman. 

Special status giving tax concessions to investors in new state failed to materialize and Polavaram project made no progress. These two failures are causing serious heartache among Andhra people. 

Amaravati is slowly taking shape.  Design looks green and good.  

Land is expensive and greed is all over the place.  Land price bubble reached its short term peak in early 2015 and since subdued a little bit (it did not burst). 
Land prices will create problems to city development as investor would find it difficult to pay manhatten like prices without corresponding return on investments. 

Pattiseema project ( to link Godavari water, which would be lost to sea,  to Krishna) is very popular and well received. 

State employees are throwing up every excuse in the book to move to Andhra pradesh.  2016 is crucial to this move. AP govt wants to move significant parts of its operation to Vijayawada.  Only time will tell. 

CBN is working hard.  His ratings are high but political experts worry that less than enthusiastic support from Modi govt and huge demand from resources may make his task very difficult if not impossible.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Andhra Pradesh economy Empty Re: Andhra Pradesh economy

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:48 am

Good and realistic analysis. Modi's attitude is surprising. May be he is going by what the local leaders in TS and AP are telling him. It is known that Kishan Reddy hates TDP. Other BJP leaders in TS (Bangaru, for example) also may be peddling the same line. BJP in AP is more or less non-existent. May be, local leaders are exaggerating party's prospects. Meanwhile, the attitudes of TN, Orissa, K'taka (and even WB!) towards AP are close to disgusting. CBN has been trying to do the best he can under the circumstances. I agree, Pattiseema is a band-aid. However, Polavaram has to be finished. It will bring a lot of prosperity to East Godavari & Visakhapatnam districts and protects Krishna, Guntur and Prakasam districts from nasty behavior of KCR and his nephew. CBN is sincerely trying to spread development across the state. May be, he should stop making statements like Amaravati will be the best capital and AP will be the best state, etc. The farmers in my village are ambivalent about future prospects of TDP (mainly because they are worried about water for irrigation). If Polavaram really takes off, they will have more clarity. They now enjoy 24/7 water and electricity and credit CBN for this.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:24 am

AP's post-bifurcation economic struggles are no surprise. What's surprising is the thought process of so called educated SuCHers. Amaravati is fool's gold, CBN is selling and fools are falling for it. AP's dire need is not a world class capital, that too, building it on one of the fertile lands in the country that have been harvesting gold (this is akin to killing the goose that lays the golden egg)

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:39 am

VP

I agree that CBN should stop making bombastic statements and let time tell the story.  Cyberabad is rocking and feeding billions of rupees of revenue into T economy.  

CD will be pleased that the AP capital region is full of non hindu religious stuctures (I hardly saw any muslim sturctures).  Their numbers match or surpass hindu structures.  I was told that this part of the country is one of the earliest parts of India that was occupied by British (as early as 1780s).  Many of these structures came up during the regime of Jagan's father.   Capital will have a strong Jagan's constituency.

The other observation is one of disappointment. Guntur city did not change much since the last time I visited few decades ago.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:59 am

truthbetold wrote:VP

I agree that CBN should stop making bombastic statements and let time tell the story.  Cyberabad is rocking and feeding billions of rupees of revenue into T economy.  

CD will be pleased that the AP capital region is full of non hindu religious stuctures (I hardly saw any muslim sturctures).  Their numbers match or surpass hindu structures.  I was told that this part of the country is one of the earliest parts of India that was occupied by British (as early as 1780s).  Many of these structures came up during the regime of Jagan's father.   Capital will have a strong Jagan's constituency.

The other observation is one of disappointment. Guntur city did not change much since the last time I visited few decades ago.
Is that the primary reason for your & Propa's blind faith to CBN?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:18 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Good and realistic analysis. Modi's attitude is surprising.
Dad says Modi wants to see CBN fail and the Southern States fall. He doesn't want to see any strong leadership to develop in the South and challenge the NotIndians.

As I see it Modi's job was to kick out the Italians. I think his job is near-completion. We have to wait for true governance to emerge after that, Modi may or may not be a part of it.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:19 am

Modi holds the office of the PM, right? Have there been any SI PMs ever?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:21 am

I think CBN is highly gifted and intelligent, like Jaya. But cuz CBN is a guy I htink he has an advantage and could be a potential PM. Modi wants him down and out. That's what we think.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:25 am

pravalika nanda wrote:Modi holds the office of the PM, right? Have there been any SI PMs ever?

ditzy

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:29 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:Modi holds the office of the PM, right? Have there been any SI PMs ever?

ditzy
cured here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Prime_Ministers_of_India

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:30 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

ditzy
cured here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Prime_Ministers_of_India

write it on a sticky: google before posting on SUCH. it comes handy

PS: handy, sticky...haha, I amuse myself sometimes

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:33 am

Oh PVN, the telangana guy for 4yrs and then Gowda, your wife's people, for under a year. I knew they were doing something but I didn't know they were PMs.
Anyhow it's cuz I thought they were doing what VV Giri was doing, holding the office of the president. And my Grandpa knew him personally and he visited my grandpa in the village also.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:45 am

pravalika nanda wrote:Oh PVN, the telangana guy for 4yrs and then Gowda, your wife's people, for under a year. I knew they were doing something but I didn't know they were PMs.
Anyhow it's cuz I thought they were doing what VV Giri was doing, holding the office of the president. And my Grandpa knew him personally and he visited my grandpa in the village also.

whoa! Shocked please do the needful Wink , before you know who, will come around to say ' after all these years living in the US, you write....'

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down