Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India wins Big - Again India is #1

4 posters

Go down

India wins Big - Again India is #1 Empty India wins Big - Again India is #1

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:06 pm

India beat the crap out of England today and showed who is the real #1

With Virender, Sachin, Harbhajan, India could have won by more than 200+ runs.

Go India.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

India wins Big - Again India is #1 Empty Re: India wins Big - Again India is #1

Post by .|Sublime|. Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:14 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:India beat the crap out of England today and showed who is the real #1

Go India.

It had nothing to do with the Indian team but everything to do with the vastu correcting Bal Ganesh installed outside the stadium.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/will-bal-ganesh-break-the-jinx/192561-60-121.html

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:22 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:India beat the crap out of England today and showed who is the real #1

Go India.

This series is being advertised as the "payback series". Flat track bullies on their favourite tracks paying back in style!

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:28 am

blabberwock wrote:

Go India.

This series is being advertised as the "payback series". Flat track bullies on their favourite tracks paying back in style!

Track is not flat for everyone?
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:38 am

artood2 wrote:
blabberwock wrote:

Go India.

Track is not flat for everyone?

It is flat for everyone but our wonderful batsmen are world champs on such tracks - baseball style hitting is their forte.

If there's something in the track that calls for technique and superior batting skills, our heroes flop.

Any more questions, R2?

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:19 am

I have a few more questions but I will let it go due to lack of depth issues.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:36 am

artood2 wrote:I have a few more questions but I will let it go due to lack of depth issues.

False modesty is not becoming. Do ask. There are many cricket experts here.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:58 am

"It is flat for everyone but our wonderful batsmen are world champs on such tracks - baseball style hitting is their forte.

If there's something in the track that calls for technique and superior batting skills, our heroes flop."

Really? So Indian cricketing pitches are somehow not cricketing pitches but England's pitches are OK? How did you make that determination? Are Indian pitches contrary to ICC rules? Contrary to spirit of cricket? The entire history of Indian cricket is illegal and illegitimate or un cricket like?

Cricket is played on different surfaces and in different weather conditions. A good player and team adapts to the conditions. Great teams of the past such WI and Australia have won in India on same or similar pitches.

There is a difference between bad pitches like Delhi in recent years or Kanpur test pitch against SA. They should not be confused with ordinary Indian pitches which are low bounce and ball comes of slow after pitching. Indian semi arid conditions does not provide for swing bowling except in Kolkatta.

Winning in India is tough for teams because they face a team that is well seasoned in local conditions. Any one who knows cricket should know the fact that playing fast bowling requires skills and excellent reflexes but playing spin requires far greater skills and footwork.The current Indian team is no fluke is proven over the past several years. Their failure against england against a well trained top of the game England team exposes their limitations.

India's win at Hyd is as legal, legit, and real cricket as England's win at Lords. While I am not in the camp that believes India can win 5-0 against this english team, India will certainly offer a stiffer challenge to England in India. If England team has to claim greatness, then they have to prove their worth in India. If england can't win against a really weak Indian team with many batting stars missing and with the weakest International bowling resources, they they are not as good as they claim to be.

If India wins the series by any margin it is sweet revenge. They started off well but they got lot of work to do. This Indian team has a really weak, very weak bowling unit.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:02 am

truthbetold wrote:"It is flat for everyone but our wonderful batsmen are world champs on such tracks - baseball style hitting is their forte.

If there's something in the track that calls for technique and superior batting skills, our heroes flop."

Really? So Indian cricketing pitches are somehow not cricketing pitches but England's pitches are OK? How did you make that determination? Are Indian pitches contrary to ICC rules? Contrary to spirit of cricket? The entire history of Indian cricket is illegal and illegitimate or un cricket like?

Nothing what you've said counters my statement - the current indian batsmen (the ODI/T20 heroes) cannot play well against quality bowling on pitches with seam/swing or vicious spin (am not talking about the test team). They batted first here. Let me see them handle quality spin batting second.

Cricket is played on different surfaces and in different weather conditions. A good player and team adapts to the conditions. Great teams of the past such WI and Australia have won in India on same or similar pitches.

Amen. The current Indian team cannot adapt to different weather conditions. Your point? How did you jump to the conclusion that I said England are the world champions or a better team? I have said no such thing.

There is a difference between bad pitches like Delhi in recent years or Kanpur test pitch against SA. They should not be confused with ordinary Indian pitches which are low bounce and ball comes of slow after pitching. Indian semi arid conditions does not provide for swing bowling except in Kolkatta.

Winning in India is tough for teams because they face a team that is well seasoned in local conditions. Any one who knows cricket should know the fact that playing fast bowling requires skills and excellent reflexes but playing spin requires far greater skills and footwork.The current Indian team is no fluke is proven over the past several years. Their failure against england against a well trained top of the game England team exposes their limitations.

India's win at Hyd is as legal, legit, and real cricket as England's win at Lords. While I am not in the camp that believes India can win 5-0 against this english team, India will certainly offer a stiffer challenge to England in India. If England team has to claim greatness, then they have to prove their worth in India. If england can't win against a really weak Indian team with many batting stars missing and with the weakest International bowling resources, they they are not as good as they claim to be.

If India wins the series by any margin it is sweet revenge. They started off well but they got lot of work to do. This Indian team has a really weak, very weak bowling unit.

I don't know what's the relevance of all this is to my post. I do not think pitches in England are tailor-made for the home team while the indian pitches are.

Sweet revenge? Yes, sure! The world champions couldn't win even a single ODI in England. They managed to tie one. Did you watch Raina against short balls? Also, India batted first here greatly helping their cause.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:29 pm

"I do not think pitches in England are tailor-made for the home team while the indian pitches are."

This is your basic theory. That is an inaccurate statement. In fact English players have stated before Indian tour that they want the pitches to be made fast bowler friendly. There are long term issues such soil types, pitch construction that determine some basic characteristics of the pitch. There are some shorter term actions like amount of grass and moisture on the pitch etc. Every country uses these preparatory actions to help themselves. England did. Cricinfo carried articles on the nature of some of the pitches for the last series. Search and read.

Indian pitches have been the same way forever. Chennai, Delhi have been spin friendly, Kolkatta was seamer friendly etc. Rest of the world is aware of the nature of these pitches and consider them to be difficult to bat. That is part of world cricket's test for greatness. WI and Aus great teams have overcome those odds on both sides of wicket and won series in India in a dominant way. England did not yet do that in recent decades.

What is raina's discomfort against fast raising short balls has to do with India's victory in HYD. Raina did very well in ODIs in England. His ave was around 40. He was much more comfortable and aggressive in ODI's.

Bringing up the well known fact of Indian batting weakness against fast bowling in friendly conditions after an Indian victory is a party pooping attitude. Games are played in India and whoever wins has to win the battle of Indian conditions. Batting first or second is a matter of toss. If you want to search for negatives in a victory parade, it is your choice.

Rain's Stats from India england (2011) ODI:

38 48 29 2 2 131.03 6 caught 1 v England Chester-le-Street 3 Sep 2011 ODI # 3186
40 30 19 3 3 210.52 5 caught 1 v England Southampton 6 Sep 2011 ODI # 3187
21 54 36 1 1 58.33 5 caught 1 v England The Oval 9 Sep 2011 ODI # 3189
84 111 75 7 2 112.00 5 caught 1 v England Lord's 11 Sep 2011 ODI # 3191
15 37 15 0 1 100.00 5 caught 1 v England Cardiff 16 Sep 2011 ODI # 3195

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:14 pm

TBT,

My statements concern only India and not England.

Okay, Raina did so-so in the rain affected ODI series in England where his hoicks paid off. How does this change the fact that he is a flop in bowler friendly conditions? Did you watch him in tests? HYD win/loss is irrelevant to me wrt my overall impression of these 20-20 heroes.

Also, why is India ranked #4 in ODIs despite playing the most number of matches recently?

After the debacle in England, it is hard not to be cynical about the "payback series". One win is not a "party".

BW

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm

blabberwock wrote:
I do not think pitches in England are tailor-made for the home team while the indian pitches are.

You had a lot of good points; until this and now:

rofl BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:41 am

Richard Hed wrote:
blabberwock wrote:
I do not think pitches in England are tailor-made for the home team while the indian pitches are.

You had a lot of good points; until this and now:

India wins Big - Again India is #1 3077217049 BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA lol!

Oh, please! I think they were pretty sporting pitches and if only our Shantakumarans and Praveen Kumars knew how to use it properly. Whatever happened to our world class batsmen?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:58 am

Sporting pitches rofl -- that are TAILOR-MADE for their own strenghts...ewwwvry cricketing nation does that! Smile

BTW I know you're trying to make a point but, Praveen Kumar had an excellent tour and English team has always had world-class batsmen as well. What's your point, again?

[quote="blabberwock"][quote="Richard Hed"]
blabberwock wrote:

Sorry - this is priceless! rofl

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:47 am

blabberwock wrote:
I don't know what's the relevance of all this is to my post. I do not think pitches in England are tailor-made for the home team while the indian pitches are.

Hm.... read what the English captain, bowlers, and groundsmen said/claimed in July before the test series started in England.

Just saying...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:25 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
blabberwock wrote:

Hm.... read what the English captain, bowlers, and groundsmen said/claimed in July before the test series started in England.

Just saying...

I don't know if it was "tailor-made" for the home team. We had Zaheer Khan. Historically, the pitches in England have always helped the pace bowlers more. Other teams have taken advantage of it as well. India, in the past, has done quite well there - RD's team won the series and the series circa 2001/2002 was a very competitive one even though we lost it. Remember the Headingley test?

Have they ever created pitches like the ones we churned out at Kanpur against South Africa (after Steyn ripped through us in Ahmedabad) and the one in Mumbai against the Aussies?

My point was - this particular team lost in England because they performed poorly and couldn't cope with the conditions (except for Rahul Dravid). I do not consider Raina and Dhoni as world class batsmen and for all the hype they get, the deserve the brickbats too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:21 am

blabberwock wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
blabberwock wrote:

Just saying...

I don't know if it was "tailor-made" for the home team. We had Zaheer Khan. Historically, the pitches in England have always helped the pace bowlers more. Other teams have taken advantage of it as well. India, in the past, has done quite well there - RD's team won the series and the series circa 2001/2002 was a very competitive one even though we lost it. Remember the Headingley test?

Have they ever created pitches like the ones we churned out at Kanpur against South Africa (after Steyn ripped through us in Ahmedabad) and the one in Mumbai against the Aussies?

My point was - this particular team lost in England because they performed poorly and couldn't cope with the conditions (except for Rahul Dravid). I do not consider Raina and Dhoni as world class batsmen and for all the hype they get, the deserve the brickbats too.

Look back at personal best-scores of a lot of good cricketers - they have come against India IN INDIA. Graham Gooch's 333; Matthew Hayden's monstrous 100s; Saeed Anwar's ODI 194...cricketers who're great perform in many different conditions.

I have nothing against fair criticism leveled against Indian cricketers esp. when the deserve it. And they do.

You're playing in home-team's pitch conditions....imagine how dull it would be if you played on astro-turf in every country in domed stadiums? That's the reason why cricketer like Steve Waugh considered winning in India against India "the final frontier" for that historically-great Aussie team.

But, to assume that Test playing nations don't fashion pitches (esp during a series from one Test to the next) to their advantage is a fallacy. Evwweryone does that.

And that's the beauty of it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:45 pm

Another great victory for India...

We are #1

Go India....

(Dump SRT and Sehwag and Zaheer and let this group develop - dont screw it up again by succumbing to the Mumbai Mafia and the Media mafia).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:14 pm

Look back at personal best-scores of a lot of good cricketers - they have come against India IN INDIA. Graham Gooch's 333;

Congratulations on conquering the old master and occupying that territory.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Graham+Gooch+333

That is the day I lost all interest in test cricket. Or one of the many such days. or something like that.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:21 pm

artood2 wrote:

Look back at personal best-scores of a lot of good cricketers - they have come against India IN INDIA. Graham Gooch's 333;

That is the day I lost all interest in test cricket. Or one of the many such days. or something like that.

I am very impressed, R2.

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:22 pm

blabberwock wrote:
artood2 wrote:

I am very impressed, R2.

I tell ya, google is the man's best friend.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:23 pm

artood2 wrote:
blabberwock wrote:
artood2 wrote:

I am very impressed, R2.

Yes, internet is the true treasure, I tell ya.

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:55 pm

blabberwock wrote:
artood2 wrote:
blabberwock wrote:
artood2 wrote:

I am very impressed, R2.

what if she is fair if she be not fair for me
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:40 pm

artood2 wrote:
blabberwock wrote:
artood2 wrote:
blabberwock wrote:

I am very impressed, R2.

what if she is fair if she be not fair for me

Change your perspective and she be fair for you too. Have some Venn Pongal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:54 pm

What can I say...look like Captain Dhobi is not outing for the last 6 matches(?) - establishing his leg acy and putting HIS stamp on the team ?

I am suspecting he will spring a surprise in the team selection against the Aussies - after trying the new faces against the Windies.

Lafbhajan, Sehwag, Zaheer - Hathum hogaiya

RD and VVSL - a big ?????

Hope he has the guts to drop TenDuckster.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down