Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fin advisor

4 posters

Go down

fin advisor Empty fin advisor

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:31 pm

http://www.economist.com/news/special-report/21650292-human-wealth-advisers-are-going-out-fashion-ask-algorithm

when i first started my retirement fund the computer picked the stocks and bonds and MFs for me. don't ask me the details, i don't know, i just said yes. but now I set up an appt with a fin advisor at citi who reached out to me. do you guys have fin advisors? how do you manage your money? any advice for me?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

fin advisor Empty Re: fin advisor

Post by truthbetold Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:32 pm

If you cannot do your own home work to support your financial decisions, it is a good idea to have a fin adviser. (most of us cannot do required homework).  

However you cannot avoid the homework to find an adviser.  Check his/her history as charlatans are around every street corner.  Remember Bernie Madoff. Ask for references and check the references.  Ask about his /her past history including any brushes with law.  

Read 'A Random walk down wall street'.  

Good luck.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:58 pm

I am a long term believer of indexing. Index funds beat out most actively managed funds primarily because of very very low expense ratios. This is a no brainer strategy.  I recently sought professional advice only for tax strategies. My investments (the central portion of my portfolio) has been in index funds.  I have never sold anything in my portfolio over my working life yet. I have never been out of the market a single day.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/14/jack-bogle-follow-these-4-investing-rules-ignore-the-rest.html
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:05 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:http://www.economist.com/news/special-report/21650292-human-wealth-advisers-are-going-out-fashion-ask-algorithm

when i first started my retirement fund the computer picked the stocks and bonds and MFs for me. don't ask me the details, i don't know, i just said yes. but now I set up an appt with a fin advisor at citi who reached out to me. do you guys have fin advisors? how do you manage your money? any advice for me?

yea, dont forget to take a good water based lube when going to the apt with the "fin advisor" coz he'll be doing a lot of fucking. I recommend astroglide ultra gentle

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down