Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really harassed by Facebook’s ‘real names’

5 posters

Go down

Really harassed by Facebook’s ‘real names’ Empty Really harassed by Facebook’s ‘real names’

Post by FluteHolder Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:33 pm

Really harassed by Facebook’s ‘real names’ TH_24_Oped_jpg_2594863g

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/facebook-should-scrap-its-regressive-real-names-policy/article7797302.ece?homepage=true

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Really harassed by Facebook’s ‘real names’ Empty Re: Really harassed by Facebook’s ‘real names’

Post by Kayalvizhi Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:45 pm

I am hearimg that Facebbok is asking people who post from India in any language other than Hindi "If you post in Hindi you will get more likes". Yjis is outrageous. Please please go to this page and tell them what you think about it.

https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/268228883256323

You don't have to log into Facebook. You have to give some e-mail address.
Plese write them to stop it.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Really harassed by Facebook’s ‘real names’ Empty Re: Really harassed by Facebook’s ‘real names’

Post by southindian Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:10 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:I am hearimg that Facebbok is asking people who post from India in any language other than Hindi "If you post in Hindi you will get more likes". Yjis is outrageous. Please please go to this page and tell them what you think about it.

You are Hindi's biggest fan.

You discuss it everyday.

:-)
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:29 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:I am hearimg that Facebbok is asking people who post from India in any language other than Hindi "If you post in Hindi you will get more likes". Yjis is outrageous. Please please go to this page and tell them what you think about it.

>>>I don't understand. Is Facebook encouraging people to post in Hindi or are they stating a stat about Hindi posts getting more 'likes'?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:33 pm

As I understand it, when someone posts in Tamil from Chennai, a message comes up and says "If you post in Hindi, you will get more likes". I am suirprised that Facebook would do that. Can someone in India post in any language other than Hindi (including English) and see if it happens. The incident seems to have happened in Chennai.

To me it seems like Facebook encouraging non-Hindis to post in Hindi.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:42 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:As I understand it, when someone posts in Tamil from Chennai, a message comes up and says "If you post in Hindi, you will get more likes". I am suirprised that Facebook would do that. Can someone in India post in any language other than Hindi (including English) and see if it happens. The incident seems to have happened in Chennai.

>>>The message, if true, seems to be stating an observation. I am not sure why, but what would Facebook's reason to be encouraging Hindi posts?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:18 pm

Suggestion from Indian gov?

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:19 pm

"If you post in Hindi, you get more likeas" is wronmg. If I post Jayalaltha  in Hindi, how many like you get?

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:Suggestion from Indian gov?
>>>The indian government told facebook, a private company in america, to encourage hindi and fb is obliging it?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:29 pm

that is possible. not an order. but a suggstion. companies kiss up govs. look what happens with china

Last edited by Kayalvizhi on Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:30 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:thats right
>>>What will indian govt do if they don't oblige?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:28 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:As I understand it, when someone posts in Tamil from Chennai, a message comes up and says "If you post in Hindi, you will get more likes". I am suirprised that Facebook would do that. Can someone in India post in any language other than Hindi (including English) and see if it happens. The incident seems to have happened in Chennai.

Ache hain...bahoot correct hogaiya...KV ji/

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down