Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Pakistani who would migrate to India.... LEGALLY

+4
Merlot Daruwala
Vakavaka Pakapaka
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
southindian
8 posters

Go down

First Pakistani who would migrate to India.... LEGALLY Empty First Pakistani who would migrate to India.... LEGALLY

Post by southindian Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:29 pm

Pakistan singer Adnan Sami gets Indian citizenship
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

First Pakistani who would migrate to India.... LEGALLY Empty Re: First Pakistani who would migrate to India.... LEGALLY

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:24 pm

i suspect Sonia will now return Rajiv Gandhi's Bharat Ratna award.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

First Pakistani who would migrate to India.... LEGALLY Empty Re: First Pakistani who would migrate to India.... LEGALLY

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:26 pm

southindian wrote:Pakistan singer Adnan Sami gets Indian citizenship

How about Taslima ? She is even under threat from everyone.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:15 pm

Yes, Taslima should be granted Indian citizenship.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:51 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Yes, Taslima should be granted Indian citizenship.
But can she sing?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:50 am

....in the meantime, another Paki singer is deported from India.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:19 pm

at least he had the gratefulness to tweet ' jai hind' 

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/pakistan-singer-adnan-sami-gets-indian-citizenship-1261281

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:31 pm

His Mom is Indian, I don't think he ever had Pak citizenship. Why is he called a Pakistani?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:38 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:His Mom is Indian, I don't think he ever had Pak citizenship. Why is he called a Pakistani?
Considering that he had a father who was an officer in the PAF, unless PAF had mercenary officers, that would make him Pakistani, Comrade.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:42 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:His Mom is Indian, I don't think he ever had Pak citizenship. Why is he called a Pakistani?
Considering that he had a father who was an officer in the PAF, unless PAF had mercenary officers, that would make him Pakistani, Comrade.
In idiotic chaddies minds?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:22 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

CD,

HA made logical argument based on facts. You in your confused style resort to idiotic cliche ridden response. Respect your own intelligence and come with a better response.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:23 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Why Comrade, what would that make him in stupid confused lefties' minds?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:27 pm

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

CD,

HA made logical argument based on facts. You in your confused style resort to idiotic cliche ridden response.  Respect your own intelligence and come with a better response.
tweeted Sami, who was born in Britain and was earlier a Canadian citizen.
http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/music/pakistani-singer-adnan-sami-receives-indian-citizenship-certificate/

What does the above sentence tell about your and OP's intelligence?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:27 pm

Other than the fact that I heard some of his Bollywood songs and seen him on few indian tv shows, I do not know much about Adnan Sami.

He may have felt that the grass is greener on the other side and jumped the fence. So did Yusuf Bhai (or Salim Bhai as they call Dilip Kumar after Mughal E Azam).

What is wrong with Sami seeking indian citizenship? Give him a break. He is not that different from most Indians who came to USA.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:40 pm

truthbetold wrote:Other than the fact that I heard some of his Bollywood songs and seen him on few indian tv shows, I do not know much about Adnan Sami.  

He may have felt that the grass is greener on the other side and jumped the fence. So did Yusuf Bhai (or Salim Bhai as they call Dilip Kumar after Mughal E Azam).  

What is wrong with Sami seeking indian citizenship? Give him a break. He is not that different from most Indians who came to USA.
Haha! Dileep Kumar who was born in the '20s and moved to Mumbai (or was it Pune) before independence is a not an Indian?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:42 pm

"Born in Lahore, Sami first arrived in India on March 13, 2001 on a visitor's visa. His Pakistani passport issued on May 27, 2010 expired on May 26, 2015 and his passport was not renewed by the Pakistan government which led him to approach the Indian government with a request to legalise his stay in India on humanitarian grounds."

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:44 pm

sami's father was a high ranking pakistani air force officer.

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:46 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

CD,

HA made logical argument based on facts. You in your confused style resort to idiotic cliche ridden response.  Respect your own intelligence and come with a better response.
http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/music/pakistani-singer-adnan-sami-receives-indian-citizenship-certificate/

Comrade, still shooting from the hip? Pakistan allows dual citizenship.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:48 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

CD,

CD,

What does that say about my intelligence?  Do you know what intelligence means?

When you posted your idiotic response you or no one has posted information about sami's  background other than HA.   You did not challenge the facts HA presented or you did not post alternate information before your verbal diarrhea.

By presenting the news clip later you proved my point how foolish your earlier post was.  

Going forward take a lesson from your own mistake and follow the logical sequence - give facts and then your interpretation of the facts. Then we can deal with the meaning of intelligence.

P.S. I posted my next post about Sami and Dilip Kumar before I read your 'intelligent' post about my intelligence.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:59 pm

truthbetold wrote:
CD,

When you posted your idiotic response you or no one has posted information about sami's  background other than HA.   You did not challenge the facts HA presented or you did not post alternate information before your verbal diarrhea.
If you did not know much about Adnan Sami prior to this conversation then you should STFU. Why would I challenge HA, I knew about Adnan's father's background before HA's post. Isn't it a bit rich that you're accusing me of verbal diarrhea.
truthbetold wrote:
By presenting the news clip later you proved my point how foolish your earlier post was.
Do you or HA know that Adnan spent most of his summers, in his school days, in India learning Hindustani music?
truthbetold wrote:
Going forward take a lesson from your own mistake and follow the logical sequence - give facts and then your interpretation of the facts. Then we can deal with the meaning of intelligence.
Haha! look who is talking about logic.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:06 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

CD,

So? This guy was born and raised in London.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:08 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

CD,

So? Does UK grant natural born citizenship, Comrade?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:15 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:

CD,

So? Does UK grant natural born citizenship, Comrade?
How is that relevant? and did you miss the that said,"tweeted Sami, who was born in Britain and was earlier a Canadian citizen." and don't try to put words in my mouth.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:23 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
CD,

If you did not know much about Adnan Sami prior to this conversation then you should STFU. Why would I challenge HA, I knew about Adnan's father's background before HA's post. Isn't it a bit rich that you're accusing me of verbal diarrhea.
truthbetold wrote:
Do you or HA know that Adnan spent most of his summers, in his school days, in India learning Hindustani music?
truthbetold wrote:

CD,

This post shows how your jaundiced mind works (or does not work).

I do not want to fry your brain. So I would not press you on inconsistencies in my posts. Let us stick with what HA posted. Known facts were posted and HA arrived at a conclusion based on those facts. If you want to refute his argument, you have to either refute facts he posted or post additional facts to develop your argument. You did neither. You just vomited. If you had given all the facts that you posted later, the picture would have become more clear for other readers including HA to assess the situation. Instead of helping other readers forming an informed opinion, you resorted to mindless cliche ridden response. When you are challenged further, you posted more information. However, you keep defending your verbal diarrhea.

You are probably too old to acknowledge your error. Remember for future, give facts and develop your argument.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:28 pm

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
CD,

truthbetold wrote:
truthbetold wrote:

CD,

I do not want to fry your brain. So I would not press you on inconsistencies in my posts.  Let us stick with what HA posted.  Known facts were posted and HA arrived at a conclusion based on those facts. If you want to refute his argument, you have to either refute facts he posted or post additional facts to develop your argument.  You did neither.  You just vomited. If you had given all the facts that you posted later,  the picture would have become more clear for other readers including HA to assess the situation. Instead of helping other readers forming an informed opinion, you resorted to mindless cliche ridden response. When you are challenged further, you posted more information. However, you keep defending your verbal diarrhea.

You are probably too old to acknowledge your error.  Remember for future, give facts and develop your argument.
What error? Not bringing his father's background in my original post is an error? As a matter of fact, my intent was to highlight ignorance of posters like you and the OP.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:33 pm

....This guys changed wives and citizenships like changing clothes.

By taking Indian citizenship, he now had to surrender Canadian and perhaps UK citizenship - not to mention Pakistani citizenship.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:42 pm

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:47 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
CD,

truthbetold wrote:
truthbetold wrote:

CD,

I do not want to fry your brain. So I would not press you on inconsistencies in my posts.  Let us stick with what HA posted.  Known facts were posted and HA arrived at a conclusion based on those facts. If you want to refute his argument, you have to either refute facts he posted or post additional facts to develop your argument.  You did neither.  You just vomited. If you had given all the facts that you posted later,  the picture would have become more clear for other readers including HA to assess the situation. Instead of helping other readers forming an informed opinion, you resorted to mindless cliche ridden response. When you are challenged further, you posted more information. However, you keep defending your verbal diarrhea.

You are probably too old to acknowledge your error.  Remember for future, give facts and develop your argument.
What error? Not bringing his father's background in my original post is an error? As a matter of fact, my intent was to highlight ignorance of posters like you and the OP.

CD,

Acting like stubborn mule does not make your 'intelligent'. Please highlight instance of my ignorance.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:05 pm

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
CD,

truthbetold wrote:
truthbetold wrote:

CD,

CD,

Acting like stubborn mule does not make your 'intelligent'.  Please highlight instance of my ignorance.
I never suggested that I'm intelligent or intelligent than you. My point is you jumped on me without knowing much about Adnan nor realizing the prejudices of OP.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:16 pm

CD,

I just pointed the logical gap in your argument. You went bonkers.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:17 pm

truthbetold wrote:CD,

I just pointed the logical gap in your argument. You went bonkers.
Where?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:26 pm

Those are your conclusions, Comrade, without thinking.

As His Holiness presented from the article which you didn't bother to read

Sami first arrived in India on March 13, 2001 on a visitor's visa. His Pakistani passport issued on May 27, 2010 expired on May 26, 2015 and his passport was not renewed by the Pakistan government 

I doubt Pakistan issues passports to non-Citizens
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:46 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

Sami first arrived in India on March 13, 2001 on a visitor's visa. His Pakistani passport issued on May 27, 2010 expired on May 26, 2015 and his passport was not renewed by the Pakistan government 

Well, to be honest, I always thought he was a Pakistani till I came across an interview of his a while back where I learned a bit more about him. Various news outlets are giving different accounts on his citizenship, may be he renounced his UK/Canadian citizenship(s) at some point for Pakistani citizenship.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:29 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Well, to be honest, I always thought he was a Pakistani till I came across an interview of his a while back where I learned a bit more about him. Various news outlets are giving different accounts on his citizenship, may be he renounced his UK/Canadian citizenship(s) at some point for Pakistani citizenship.

So you have not read any news reports sine May 27, 2010... (Actually he had a Paki passport even in 2001 when he came to India on a visitors visa.). Comrade confuzutullah... You need to update your "library"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:33 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

So you have not read any news reports sine May 27, 2010... (Actually he had a Paki passport even in 2001 when he came to India on a visitors visa.).  Comrade confuzutullah... You need to update your "library"
Are you sure? He has been visiting India since his childhood days (long before 2001), use your common sense than relying on some random report which can't be verified.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:28 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

So you have not read any news reports sine May 27, 2010... (Actually he had a Paki passport even in 2001 when he came to India on a visitors visa.).  Comrade confuzutullah... You need to update your "library"
Are you sure? He has been visiting India since his childhood days (long before 2001), use your common sense than relying on some random report which can't be verified.

Let us just look at your statement a few posts abive..."His mother is Indian. So why everyone is calling him a Pakistani?"

So you have come a long way baby.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down