Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why India isn’t taken seriously by the world

+3
ashdoc
Propagandhi711
confuzzled dude
7 posters

Go down

Why India isn’t taken seriously by the world Empty Why India isn’t taken seriously by the world

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:24 pm

India is busy patting itself on the back for having overtaken China as the world’s fastest growing major economy.  But, for all that, China has – and will continue to have – far greater clout on the international scene than India.  The world takes China seriously, and treats it with respect.  The world doesn’t take India seriously, and often treats it with disrespect.
According to a TOI report, if you are an Indian going to the US – to study, do business, to visit friends and relations, or just for a holiday – you should have with you your most recent bank statement, proof of sufficient funds for the duration of your stay, your income tax returns for the last couple of years and ‘anything else which you think might be relevant to your case’.  The source for the TOI report is the US department of homeland security, customs and border protection.
Indian-origin Americans, said to be the most prosperous of any immigrant community in America, including the Chinese community, haven’t raised a stink about the issue.
http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/jugglebandhi/unlike-china-india-isnt-taken-seriously-by-the-world/

Hmm.. why does the brave NRI patriots community letting DHS roll all over them and their Lord?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Why India isn’t taken seriously by the world Empty Re: Why India isn’t taken seriously by the world

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:49 pm

yet another thin skinned asshole with major inferiority complex imagining perceived insults. also only a special kinda moron uses the phrase "cocked a snook"

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Why India isn’t taken seriously by the world Empty Re: Why India isn’t taken seriously by the world

Post by ashdoc Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:22 pm

India is busy patting itself on the back for having overtaken China as the world’s fastest growing major economy.  But, for all that, China has – and will continue to have – far greater clout on the international scene than India.  The world takes China seriously, and treats it with respect.  The world doesn’t take India seriously, and often treats it with disrespect.
india should start treating the minorities like the chinese treat their minorities and we will be taken more seriously .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:03 pm

I read the blog in ET. Author does not add one single fact. Just goes off with his opinion. Technically any idiot can saything in a blog. ET's fault is to give it a forum.

Any sensible student of international politics knows that if world does not take India seriously, it is not simply based on 18 months of modi govt performance as CD was trying to tell us. It is a result of the failed policies of CD's congress, laloo, and YSR actions over the past 60 years.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:11 pm

truthbetold wrote:I read the blog in ET. Author does not add one single fact. Just goes off with his opinion. Technically any idiot can saything in a blog. ET's fault is to give it a forum.

Any sensible student of international politics knows that if world does not take India seriously, it is not simply based on 18 months of modi govt performance as CD was trying to tell us.  It is a result of the failed policies of CD's congress, laloo, and YSR actions over the past 60 years.
But but.. now it is [BajiRao] Modi's India whose expected modus operandi is ईंट का जवाब पत्थर से

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:48 pm

CD,

OMG. You are stupid.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:07 pm

truthbetold wrote:CD,

OMG. You are stupid.
I'm stupid because Modiji has failed to deliver or meet his disciples (like you) expectations, so far?!

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:23 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

OMG. You are stupid.
I'm stupid because Modiji has failed to deliver or meet his disciples (like you) expectations, so far?!

CD,

You repeat the same stupid argument Modi is responsible for how the world views India. As I said it was an opinion formed over 60 years of your favorite (corrupt, inept) politicians. This ship will take a long time to turn. Modi is atleat trying.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:32 pm

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

OMG. You are stupid.

CD,

You repeat the same stupid argument Modi is responsible for how the world views India.  As I said it was an opinion formed over 60 years of your favorite (corrupt, inept) politicians. This ship will take a long time to turn.  Modi is atleat trying.
All along I heard and read a lot (from NRI patriots) about our 56-incher's heroics, as to how he would give मुहतोड़ जवाब to them Pakistanis and change India's image. Don't fault lesser mortals like me for having high hopes on our 56-inch Lord.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

OMG. You are stupid.

CD,

You repeat the same stupid argument Modi is responsible for how the world views India.  As I said it was an opinion formed over 60 years of your favorite (corrupt, inept) politicians. This ship will take a long time to turn.  Modi is atleat trying.
All along I heard and read a lot (from NRI patriots) about our 56-incher's heroics, as to how he would give मुहतोड़ जवाब to them Pakistanis and change India's image. Don't fault lesser mortals like me for having high hopes on our 56-inch Lord.
Comrade, you're like that jealous, passive-aggressive mother-in-law in Indian movies who is forever grumbling her lot in life. 

Modi was elected thanks to the ineptitude of the previous government. If he fails, 2019 will bring in a new government in India. No amount of your grumbling will matter until then.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:03 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

OMG. You are stupid.

CD,

Comrade, you're like that jealous, passive-aggressive mother-in-law in Indian movies who is forever grumbling her lot in life. 

Modi was elected thanks to the ineptitude of the previous government. If he fails, 2019 will bring in a new government in India. No amount of your grumbling will matter until then.
If believing in NRI patriots promises is being jealous, so be it.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:19 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

OMG. You are stupid.
Are you a 5 y/o who believes in magic n magic wands?
Did you think things of that magnitude can be changed overnight?

Have you ever led a team? Maybe you're an individual contributor who imagines he can manage a team more efficiently than your team lead/project manager. 

Bringing about change in world's attitude towards a country takes time.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:22 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/jugglebandhi/unlike-china-india-isnt-taken-seriously-by-the-world/

Hmm.. why does the brave NRI patriots community letting DHS roll all over them and their Lord?

Here is why..

1. Chinese kill the islamic terrorists without any publicity or court

2. It send warships/armed soldiers to any disputed area and simply occupy.

3. Follows one rule for itself and imposes the opposite rule on others

4. Never keeps its word.

5. Puts its opposition in jail. Sonia dare not obstruct the political process

For a start.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:24 pm

seven wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

OMG. You are stupid.

Have you ever led a team? Maybe you're an individual contributor who imagines he can manage a team more efficiently than your team lead/project manager

No I never did any of those but I thought my great NRI patriot brethren and sistren did which is why I took at their word. Am I wrong in believing in them?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:08 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
seven wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

OMG. You are stupid.

Have you ever led a team? Maybe you're an individual contributor who imagines he can manage a team more efficiently than your team lead/project manager

No I never did any of those but I thought my great NRI patriot brethren and sistren did which is why I took at their word. Am I wrong in believing in them?
I'm sure you misunderstood them. Be patient. Nothing happens so fast. Nothing significant anyway.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:55 pm

Deportation of Indian students from the US continued through the first two days of the New Year with some estimating that as many as 30 students from Hyderabad were sent back in the last 48 hours.

The ports of deportation included New York, San Francisco and Seattle. A bunch of students who allegedly failed to clear immigration at Los Angeles too were given marching orders.

Most of these students, it appears, where headed for the two California-based universities that are currently caught in controversy - Silicon Valley University (SVU) and Northwestern Polytechnic University (NPU). Both the institutions maintain that they have been given the clean chit by the US authorities (the US Department of Homeland Security) who have confirmed that they are not "blacklisted" - as was alleged by some airline operators.
Students are completely in the dark about just what the problem is. Indian authorities, they claim, have done little so far. "Apart from saying that they are looking into the matter, the external affairs ministry has done nothing else. I have no doubt that this crisis will be resolved only when the two governments start a dialogue and accordingly take appropriate measures. But I, sadly, do not see that happening. The two countries should realize that they have jeopardized the careers of hundreds of students like me," said a SVU-bound student who was deported to Hyderabad late last month.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/30-students-sent-back-from-US/articleshow/50422515.cms

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:03 pm

Only if these students were Muslims. Their ruined vacation is more important than other people's careers. 

These students can have a better career if they study in local universities in India. I don't think their careers are ruined.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:15 pm

seven wrote:Only if these students were Muslims. Their ruined vacation is more important than other people's careers. 

These students can have a better career if they study in local universities in India. I don't think their careers are ruined.

I bet they are erxperts in googling or FBing for girl friends or conduct love jihad. but whn it comes to checking univ background they claim ignorance.

They are lying flat out. I am sure these are guys who failed repeatedly before barely passing their UG education. They must hv been denied admission everywhere ane relied on "consultants" to get them admission - somewhere , anywhere.

Let them get some kjob in India and work for 2 years FIRST.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:53 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
seven wrote:Only if these students were Muslims. Their ruined vacation is more important than other people's careers. 

I bet they are erxperts in googling or FBing for girl friends or conduct love jihad. but whn it comes to checking univ background they claim ignorance.

They are lying flat out. I am sure these are guys who failed repeatedly before barely passing their UG education. They must hv been denied admission everywhere ane relied on "consultants" to get them admission - somewhere , anywhere.

Typical Desi (frog in the well) mindset, does it matter whether they barely passed or passed with distinction, to what they're going through.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:02 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

Typical Desi (frog in the well) mindset, does it matter whether they barely passed or passed with distinction, to what they're going through.

What are they going through.... these are moneyed guys looking for a 10 x 8 certificate from anywhere so they could get a big fat dowry. One guy says his father hard earned Rs 2 lacs is now wasted....but also says his father owns some bus company.

This is called a risk factor and one takes into account while looking for short cuts to reach any desired destination. I have no sympthay or empathy for these guys.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:19 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

What are they going through.... these are moneyed guys looking for a 10 x 8 certificate from anywhere so they could get a big fat dowry. One guy says his father hard earned Rs 2 lacs is now wasted....but also says his father owns some bus company.

This is called a risk factor and one takes into account while looking for short cuts to reach any desired destination. I have no sympthay or empathy for these guys.
What kind of logic is this, they're rich so it is OKAY to kick them out for no valid reason. What do you mean by shortcuts, they're issued a visa.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:40 pm

Immigration officers have the right to refuse entry to anyone if they found the person entering the country provided false information. In this case, they seem to have found evidence in facebook. Since these students are not in US, they cannot have the actions of immigration reviewed by justice system.

It is idiotic to bring in china into this discussion. India is sending the second largest contingent of students to USA. Indian govt needs to address this issue at appropriate level (some mid level bureaucrat) and move on. Making this into an insult of India is utterly stupid and futile. One cannot force a country like USA change its long standing policy because of India's request. It is not even a sympathetic request.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:48 pm

Indians feeling insulted for the silliest of reasons. A fact well satirized in the HBO series 'The Brink'.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:49 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

What kind of logic is this, they're rich so it is OKAY to kick them out for no valid reason. What do you mean by shortcuts, they're issued a visa.

You are thinking like a Musalman and arriving at a Koranic-conclusion. That is what happens when you praise Koranists all the time - you think like them.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:39 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

You are thinking like a Musalman and arriving at a Koranic-conclusion. That is what happens when you praise Koranists all the time - you think like them.
Looks at the irony here! You're the one jumping to conclusions about those students qualifications, intelligence and their background and telling me that I'm doing that.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:29 pm

CD,

Why were these 30 students sent back?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down