Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World according to India

5 posters

Go down

The World according to India Empty The World according to India

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:48 am

The World according to India Map_20121008_1
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

The World according to India Empty Re: The World according to India

Post by ashdoc Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:39 am

the person who posted this map here is still living in the world of the eighties where dawoodbhai used to live in dubai .

must have been lying drunk somewhere for the last 20 years when dawood shifted to karachi . oh , i forgot his surname is daruwala LOL Laughing

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:12 am

Ok doc, other than superannuated gangsters, what else does Dubai bring to mind?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:31 pm

ashdoc wrote:the person who posted this map here is still living in the world of the eighties where dawoodbhai used to live in dubai .

must have been lying drunk somewhere for the last 20 years when dawood shifted to karachi . oh , i forgot his surname is daruwala LOL Laughing

Ohhhh....did not know that....Good to know....(that too, with solid proof like your post).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:43 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Ok doc, other than superannuated gangsters, what else does Dubai bring to mind?
to me: superanuated, half-complete concrete jungle, built by indian slaves, with swanky apartments owned by sharukh khan and other filmstars (gifted by the royal family of dubai); a wannabe singapore town.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:15 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:Ok doc, other than superannuated gangsters, what else does Dubai bring to mind?
to me: superanuated, half-complete concrete jungle, built by indian slaves, with swanky apartments owned by sharukh khan and other filmstars (gifted by the royal family of dubai); a wannabe singapore town.

>>>>That was my feeling when I saw it too, but I thought that al-makhtoom(?) guy was trying to build up the economy to live up to the sizzle that was being sold. Singapore had the smarts of LKY and the energy of the Chinese to begin with. They are now tapping into exec talent and the geographic position doesn't hurt either.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:58 pm

Kris wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

>>>>That was my feeling when I saw it too, but I thought that al-makhtoom(?) guy was trying to build up the economy to live up to the sizzle that was being sold. Singapore had the smarts of LKY and the energy of the Chinese to begin with. They are now tapping into exec talent and the geographic position doesn't hurt either.

Trying is one thing..except Singapore as you say has Chinese at the helm where as barbaric sand nigs with new money rule the roost in Dubai...guess which place gonna come on top in the long run

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:58 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Kris wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

Trying is one thing..except Singapore as you say has Chinese at the helm where as barbaric sand nigs with new money rule the roost in Dubai...guess which place gonna come on top in the long run

>>>>I didn't mean to suggest Makhtoum is Lee Kwan Yew's equal:). The fundamentals are not there (heck, never were!), but there is an understanding in some quarters this can't go on forever and they need to take steps to address it. Doesn't mean it will happen of course. Singapore is of course a text book case of how a small country can manage its resources for optimal results. And the underlying Chinese ethos is a big part of it. Maybe the UAE guys should invite the Chinese over. Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down