Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

matt taibbi nails it, as usual

2 posters

Go down

matt taibbi nails it, as usual Empty matt taibbi nails it, as usual

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:30 pm

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/how-america-made-donald-trump-unstoppable-20160224?page=9

long article about the drumpf phenomenon. i always love the dripping sarcasm.

In any case, Trump says he'll call Detroit carmakers into his office and lay down an ultimatum: Either move the jobs back to America, or eat a 35 percent tax on every car imported back into the U.S. over the Mexican border.

"I'm a free-trader," he says, "but you can only be a free-trader when something's fair."

It's stuff like this that has conservative pundits from places like the National Review bent out of shape. Where, they ask, is the M-F'ing love? What about those conservative principles we've spent decades telling you flyover-country hicks you're supposed to have?

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/how-america-made-donald-trump-unstoppable-20160224#ixzz42GMIUrna
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

"Trump has also promised to use tariffs to punish companies," wrote David McIntosh in the Review's much-publicized, but not-effective-at-all "Conservatives Against Trump" 22-pundit jihad. "These are not the ideas of a small-government conservative ... They are, instead, the ramblings of a liberal wanna-be strongman."

LOL!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

matt taibbi nails it, as usual Empty Re: matt taibbi nails it, as usual

Post by Hellsangel Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:34 pm

Isn't Sanders the kind of candidate that Taibbi would love?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:36 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Isn't Sanders the kind of candidate that Taibbi would love?

yes. and i would too, had i been twenty years younger. but the taxes would kill me. i have nothing against sanders. i'm just too old for him.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:52 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

yes. and i would too, had i been twenty years younger. but the taxes would kill me. i have nothing against sanders. i'm just too old for him.

oh and the other matt taibbi fan here who often mocks american politics from afar and offers advice laced with sarcasm to us american voters, the one who hasn't been seen here lately, i am sure will be wondering why us folks who talk the talk, won't get behind sanders. in fact i am surprised she hasn't already piped up yet. in case she is wondering, the reason is quite simple -- we don't want to be taxed to kingdom come, just like she doesn't want to be taxed to kingdom come.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:55 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Interesting admission.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:58 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

oh and the other matt taibbi fan here who often mocks american politics from afar and offers advice laced with sarcasm to us american voters, the one who hasn't been seen here lately, i am sure will be wondering why us folks who talk the talk, won't get behind sanders. in fact i am surprised she hasn't already piped up yet. in case she is wondering, the reason is quite simple -- we don't want to be taxed to kingdom come, just like she doesn't want to be taxed to kingdom come.
You might actually be a DINO.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:05 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

You might actually be a DINO.

i have freely admitted to voting for GOP candidates. if you subtract the entire social agenda, agree to not wiping out the safety net at any cost, agree to never get involved in useless wars, i could sign on to a lot of things the republicans of old stood for -- things like efficient govt, govt accountability, stances against teachers' unions, strong NATO etc. but these guys have evolved into unrecognizable garbage from the era of GHW, which is why i find it easier to identify with centrist dems. simple as that.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:50 pm

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-case-for-bernie-sanders-20151103

I'm afraid Obama is the closest we are going to get to someone who actually cares about stuff and is not a fake. He's as good as it gets IMO.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down